Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:19 pm

Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:
I completed it on Xbox 360 but got the re mastered edition with the dlc on Xbox one and its a great game, one of my main obsessions. I didn't have as much fun playing it as I did oblivion though. But I think the game appeals to aspies well as the scenery, mountains, trees, plants, rivers and buildings are so well detailed for a game, the scenery is beautiful. I'm currently nord level 54 quite far in and have serana as a companion, she makes a good companion until you try sneak and she gives you away. I have fully upgraded death brand armour with multiple cool perks, armour rating of 760 ish I think with fully leveled up light armour skill. I Use no magic only weapons, duel wield fully upgraded dragon bone maces, fully upgraded dragon bone bow too that kills in pretty mutch 1 or 2 hits, near enough indestructible at the moment. Haven't got married or built a house yet but have bought several and adopted a kid for the achievement

I love the scenery, especially the water. It's a very calming game, except when you're fighting a dragon lol. What is your kid's name? In the Let's Play I watch, the person adopted a kid called Blaise. I can't believe you have an armour rating that high!

That's one of the main reasons I play it, could stare at the scenery all day, I'm obsessed with natural beauty, like waterfalls, rain, the moon, plants and its nice I can see it all without leaving the house when I don't have time. I adopted a girl called Sofie from windhelm and she lives at one of my houses in riften. I know what kid you mean, I have adopted him on the Xbox 360 first time I played it. 761 is the armour rating. Its because I have maxed out light armour, and with the death brand armour you get a huge armour rating Bonus if you wear the whole set. You can get the armour from isle of solestheim on the dragon born dlc

If I get it, I'm planning on getting the legendary edition so it comes with all the dlc. That's an amazing armour rating! I think I've seen Sofie before in the Let's Play. Do you know Lydia? Or Jenessa? You can get them to follow you around- it's pretty cool. It's such a beautiful game. :D

You won't regret buying it, and good choice on the legendary edition, the dlc is great, I probably wouldn't play it without the dlc. Lydia I have found before on there, the other one I haven't yet. But she is good for helping carry all your stuff and protecting you. I agree, it is a beautiful game, love the chilled music too and how cool the sky looks at night

I really want to be able to play it with the dlc. I think it will be more fun :D . You can find Jenessa in The Drunken Huntsman if you want to get her to follow you. It's too bad you can't have both Lydia and Jenessa lol. I can't wait to get it! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 5:14 pm

I am a big fan of Skyrim, played a lot on 360, and one the Xbox One version I have been working to try and complete it in full which I could not before. I have only about half a dozen achievements to get, with the hardest going to be fighting a Legendary Dragon where I have to go from level 61 to 78 to get it to appear.

Seeing some Link unlockables in the Switch version has perhaps unwisely convinced me that I will have to get that version too, I am really into Skyrim.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I am a big fan of Skyrim, played a lot on 360, and one the Xbox One version I have been working to try and complete it in full which I could not before. I have only about half a dozen achievements to get, with the hardest going to be fighting a Legendary Dragon where I have to go from level 61 to 78 to get it to appear.

Seeing some Link unlockables in the Switch version has perhaps unwisely convinced me that I will have to get that version too, I am really into Skyrim.

Wait.........there's a Skyrim Switch version!!??

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:05 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:08 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

OMYGOSH! I'm getting a Switch for Christmas, so this is perfect! :D Thanks so much!

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:53 am

I love all openworld Bethesda games. Did over 100 hours in Skyrim (according to Steam), have done way more in Oblivion and Morrowind over 2000.

Recently i have gotten the Morrowind expansion for The Elderscrolls Online and i like it, fun to explore the island with full viewdistance, but it was rebuilt and not as high-res as the original game, i feel the same way about the two Skyrim parts of the game, but i plan TES:O for the online content and dive down into the older games for detail and atmosphere.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 1:52 am

Love that first giant that introduces you to the cruel world out in the fields surrounding Whiterun. You curiously frolic toward it thinking hey look at that big fellow, reckon I can take him out in a few swings of my crappy sword or wham a few arrows into his head if he's unruly... perhaps he's a benevolent character willing to give me the lowdown- oh, I'm soaring up toward the foreign stars?

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

I have the unpopular opinion of hating Skyrim. It had nothing even vaguely resembling a plot (Oblivion had a dull plot but made up for it by at least having interesting side quests--Skyrim doesn't even have that), its characters were extraordinarily annoying, it set the lore of Tamriel back by centuries, in terms of RPG elements it might as well be a shooter, and in terms of dialogue the Dovahkiin clearly has the intelligence of a rock. Oblivion was okay--very pretty, but rather forgettable. Morrowind stands out as Bethesda's unique masterpiece, IMO. It creates a truly unique world, and it has one of the best stories in any game I can think of. I also appreciate that it doesn't hold your hand (*glares at quest markers*) but throws you out into the world and wishes you luck (probably in a very sarcastic tone of voice), n'wah. Few games more successfully give you the feeling of being a stranger in a strange land.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

Zaarin wrote:
I have the unpopular opinion of hating Skyrim. It had nothing even vaguely resembling a plot (Oblivion had a dull plot but made up for it by at least having interesting side quests--Skyrim doesn't even have that), its characters were extraordinarily annoying, it set the lore of Tamriel back by centuries, in terms of RPG elements it might as well be a shooter, and in terms of dialogue the Dovahkiin clearly has the intelligence of a rock. Oblivion was okay--very pretty, but rather forgettable. Morrowind stands out as Bethesda's unique masterpiece, IMO. It creates a truly unique world, and it has one of the best stories in any game I can think of. I also appreciate that it doesn't hold your hand (*glares at quest markers*) but throws you out into the world and wishes you luck (probably in a very sarcastic tone of voice), n'wah. Few games more successfully give you the feeling of being a stranger in a strange land.

Aww too bad :lol: .

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Zaarin wrote:

Like I said, I know it's an unpopular opinion; I'm kind of used to having those. :P

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Zaarin wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Zaarin wrote:

Like I said, I know it's an unpopular opinion; I'm kind of used to having those. :P

There's a whole thread in the Random Discussion where you can post your unpopular opinions lol. You're not alone in having them! :D

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 2:35 pm

I loved it it was the first Bethesda title where they finally sorted the graphics and engine out.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
I loved it it was the first Bethesda title where they finally sorted the graphics and engine out.

It's pretty great :D .

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

Skyrim is an amazing game, I used to play it a lot on my Xbox 360.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:49 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Skyrim is an amazing game, I used to play it a lot on my Xbox 360.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

Cool! I asked for the Legendary edition for my birthday :D . What was your favorite part/thing about it?

Ennui0001
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2017, 11:16 am

It's my all-time favorite game. It's beautiful and amazing and engaging and exciting and...you get the picture. I usually don't admit this because it makes me sound like an off-the-deep-end fangirl (which I guess I kind of am) but one of my tattoos is from Skyrim. Not obviously so, just enough for me and a couple of other people to get it. :)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (Act 1 Scene 5), Hamlet to Horatio