Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 2:48 am

I don't think long hair would suit my skinny face well.

Long hair look better on guys who have wide faces and blondish, and better with some beard.

Asian guys look cool in long hair too.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 7:15 am

Too bad for a potential girlfriend if she prefers short hair on guys, because I ain't gettin' rid of my "luscious locks". (Quote taken from a girl I almost dated last year.)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 7:38 am

I don't know if I should post in the beard thread as well, but...

I tend to notice that when I have short hair, I have the absolute worst luck with women, and when I have long hair, I get an unusual amount of attention. Almost as if it's a Samson sort of thing.

In the past few years that I've been letting my beard grow, I've noticed that most women seem almost repulsed by my presence, and try to keep their distance :|

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:25 am

You know after reading a few comments it's not the length I find off putting it's when the hair gets too greasy or needs the dead ends cut off that puts me off.

James Bay being one such example. Always has straggly, greasy hair. Seems like a nice dude. If I were 10 years younger I probably would go out with him. But i'd end up pestering him to wash his damn hair. And he'd get upset and we'd break up because he would feel like I was trying to change him. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:37 am

I had long hair as a teenager; it exacerbated my acne.

I just feel better with shortish hair.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

^^ i just googled his name.

handsome!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 12:00 pm

hurtloam wrote:
You know after reading a few comments it's not the length I find off putting it's when the hair gets too greasy or needs the dead ends cut off that puts me off.

James Bay being one such example. Always has straggly, greasy hair. Seems like a nice dude. If I were 10 years younger I probably would go out with him. But i'd end up pestering him to wash his damn hair. And he'd get upset and we'd break up because he would feel like I was trying to change him. :(

How can you tell if the hair is greasy from pics alone? Have you ever met him in person and checked his hair closely?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 2:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

How can you tell if the hair is greasy from pics alone? Have you ever met him in person and checked his hair closely?

Ah you don't understand because you've never had long hair. It's the way it clags together. My hair gets like his in the photo above if I don't wash it... and after exercise when my scalp and face sweat gets all over it. A gal knows greasy hair.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
^^ i just googled his name.

handsome!

Look his music up too. He can jolly well sing. He's a modern day James Taylor.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 5:32 am

It should be fine as long he uses Head & Shoulders.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:14 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
anything longer than this = (no) in my opinion. esp when you are over +25

This, I dont get this. I've heard this one every now and then, and it goes over my head every single time. What in the world does age have to do with it?

Anyway, I have long hair myself. Which seems extremely rare in my area for whatever reason, among males anyway. Most guys I know or ever meet/see at all, they have short hair, or really short hair.

But mine looks like this:

Awful photo, I dont remember why I took it. It's usually the one I use as I'm too lazy to take another.

Well, no, there is this one: http://imgur.com/7Zwxys2 That's alot more clear... but it's also a cosplay photo. Try not to laugh too hard.

Anyway though, I honestly just dont see the problem with it. Other than the fact that some people seem to have this idea that only girls should have long hair.

I dont find it to be particularly high maintenance either. Which is to say, I dont even comb it. Just wash, that's all, very basic, too much effort to do more. The entertaining part is that I often get told by my parents that "it's combed nicely". Shows what they know....

EDIT: I just realized I have no bloody clue just how I got to this topic or even this section of the forums.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:55 am

^ you kinda look like a historical figure i don't remember the name.
also im not sure if you resemble michael schumacher (in the first pic) or david luiz ( in the second photo).

you definitely look more attractive in the second photo. in my opinion you would look way better when you work on embracing your masculine side. im not talking about the hair length.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

also it's always a good idea to let your facial hair grow when u have feminine features.

google "josh mario john" , he has long hair too. maybe his style inspires you

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

Eh, I'm not too interested in going for the masculine aspect. Frankly I kinda like the idea of drifting closer to androgyny. Besides, I generally try not to pretend to be something that I really just am not. It wouldnt do anything other than get on my nerves.

Besides, I figure, it's kinda unique... at least in most of the areas I frequent. There's already a bazillion guys going for the really masculine look. It's kinda boring, really, that so many people all just go for the same thing, at least around here... there's probably places where that isnt so true.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:34 pm

hurtloam wrote:
So we had a do women like beards? Wondering what the skinny is on long hair.

I do have a tendency to overlook the long hair dudes myself. I like the short, back and sides with the fuzzy on top hipster look that's in now, and was a staple in the early 90s. This may be a generational thing.

Can't even thing of a celeb dude I like with longer hair. I'm not into unkempt. I like nicely trimmed beard with short back and sides.

I wonder if chaps are doing themselves an injustice on dating profiles with their hairstyles. But what do I know.

I think more men should have long hair.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:57 pm

I used to want long hair because I had dreams of being a rock musician but whenever my hair grows out, it won't go down to my shoulders but puff out to the sides. It also makes the thinning in the front of my hair more prominent because the thickness increases and, combined with sweat and probably my diet as well, makes the hair stick together. I just cut my hair short to feather it out as well as keep my head from feeling heavy.