Page 6 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:01 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Another Thing: Creationists claim that all of the buried fossils all over the earth are a product of the global flood.

Here's the thing: These bones would still contain carbon if they were only 6,000 years old. Usually, they don't.

Another Thing: How come jawless fish are very rare nowadays, but are very common in certain rock layers? It's almost as though entire families of fish committed suicide as the flood waters were receding.

Furthermore, where did the flood waters even go? Did they fall of the earth? That isn't possible because we now know that the earth is round.

How come we only find mammal fossils in the upper layers? What a fascinating coincidence!

How come the global flood didn't salt the earth? Noah would have starved to death on a barren planet! None of this makes any sense!

Well if one goes with the gap theory and the flood being regional, then not of that matters.

The gap theory being that the Earth was already in existence and either became void or god made it void and then began genesis. Revelation 21 says eventually there will be a new heaven and a new earth recreated. So a first earth age, a second earth age (the one that exists now) and a third earth age yet to come.

A theory behind why the flood occurred is because a race angel (or perhaps demon) and human hybrids that existed called Nephilim, and apparently they were very evil and basically like a spreading mutation contamination whatever. So they and everyone affected were exterminated in the area they inhabited by a flood. The bible says the ark came to rest on mt Ararat and looking at a map, I can see that area has the Black sea and Caspian sea and Mediterranean sea surrounding it, so I see the possibility of that area flooding. Plus I believe there's mention of a great flood in writings outside of the bible.

Not that I subscribe to any of that. I've just heard of it.

Last edited by EzraS on 06 Aug 2017, 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Lintar wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The truth of reality is ultimately unknowable to humans.

So... we should just therefore give up in our attempts to understand it? It's all too hard, so let us not even bother?

That will happen naturally.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:17 am

Creationists need to realize even Bible Belt rednecks don't like them. Rednecks don't like anything that falls under "fancy book learnin'" regardless if it's pro-God or not so even something like the gap theory rednecks will just say "That ain't true! It ain't in duh bibowl!" if they hear it.

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2017, 9:23 am

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it untrue.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:47 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
I wouldn't talk about "nefarious behavior" if I were you.

You admit to playing a charade of pretending to be an atheist when you are actually a Fundy ( you never deny that you do it everytime I ask you about it, so in effect that's a tacit admission that you do it).

Your ad hominem argument is pointless.

Maybe I'm a Cardassian infiltrator, masquading as an ASD person, only to gain intelligence that I can report back to my commander at the Obsidian Order? Hmm.

naturalplastic wrote:
But, main point: you demonstrate how science corrects itself. And then you use the fact that science corrects itself to...discredit science. I still don't follow your seemingly ass backward "reasoning".

Does the fact that religion doesn't correct itself make it better?

No.

So reality is ultimately unknowable...therefore....what?

What does that have to do with your thesis that science is bad and nefarious?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:20 am

Marknis wrote:
Creationists need to realize even Bible Belt rednecks don't like them. Rednecks don't like anything that falls under "fancy book learnin'" regardless if it's pro-God or not so even something like the gap theory rednecks will just say "That ain't true! It ain't in duh bibowl!" if they hear it.

The earth hath existed waste and void - Genesis 1:2 - Young's Literal Translation.

Existed - past tense.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

I think we can safely say that the earth is a helluva lot older than the YEC'ers claim. Unlike other "science" where we rely on scientists that may have a personal agenda, we can actually go out ourselves and find fossils which sure as hell took a lot more than 10k (or whatever) years to form.

Don't even bother trying to convince YEC'ers that they are wrong. I've known a few and when I told one of them that I'd personally found fossils at the bottoms of long abandoned open pit mines (a.k.a. strip mines) he told me with a straight face that the devil had put them there. The more you try and convince them they are wrong, even very tactfully, the deeper in to thier own beliefs they'll dig thier boot heels in.

Oh well, it's free county and we're all entitled to our beliefs.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:55 am

More Evidence of Common Descent

Human Chromosome 2 looks like a fusion of two ape chromosomes.

Why would God give us such a wonky-looking chromosome?

Well ... this was the same god that gave us an appendix and a tailbone.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 12:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Marknis wrote:

The earth hath existed waste and void - Genesis 1:2 - Young's Literal Translation.

Existed - past tense.

Most people in the Bible Belt use the NIV translation: Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

They think the Earth was never anything before but a ball of empty water. The gap theory is practically unheard of in the Bible Belt.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm

Sounds a bit like Kamino! And that birdlike creature aloft over the waters.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Scientists are mostly con-men that seek money by pretending they know what they're talking about.

These con-men are nefarious and dangerous, because their PHD degree gives them respect, and power over people.

We see this on television with the daily lawyer commercials .... "Have you been a victim of a scientist..."? .... sueing these con-men for their harmful drugs, or cancer-causing materials.

Your child might be forced to take drugs, because some full of sh*t PHD con-man said so.

We have seen on WP , con-men PHD who torture ASD people at that Canadian ASD facility.

Some of these con-men are just idiots, and blindly believe their own bullcrap, however, even they still cause harm.

The fact that people here echo the words of these con-men shows you the power of their persuasion.

The truth is these con-men don't understand reality, never will, and mostly don't care. They care about the money.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:49 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Scientists are mostly con-men that seek money by pretending they know what they're talking about.

These con-men are nefarious and dangerous, because their PHD degree gives them respect, and power over people.

We see this on television with the daily lawyer commercials .... "Have you been a victim of a scientist..."? .... sueing these con-men for their harmful drugs, or cancer-causing materials.

Your child might be forced to take drugs, because some full of sh*t PHD con-man said so.

We have seen on WP , con-men PHD who torture ASD people at that Canadian ASD facility.

Some of these con-men are just idiots, and blindly believe their own bullcrap, however, even they still cause harm.

The fact that people here echo the words of these con-men shows you the power of their persuasion.

The truth is these con-men don't understand reality, never will, and mostly don't care. They care about the money.

You know that some people need drugs to live right?

If you want to live in a world without science, move to Saudi Arabia.

You aren't a victim of science. You are consciously choosing to be a victim in order to gain sympathy.

Choose to be a winner instead. Have you ever tried that?

Here's an idea. If you think that people with PHDs are controlling the world, you should go out there and get yourself a PHD. You'll discover that it's not easy. Scientists work their asses off so that you can live the cozy lifestyle that you take for granted.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:05 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Lintar wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

So... we should just therefore give up in our attempts to understand it? It's all too hard, so let us not even bother?

That will happen naturally.

Why would anyone wish for something like this? The process of discovering the true, underlying nature of reality is one of the few things that make life meaningful for puny humanity. The alternative to this is stagnation, dogma, and the corruption and deterioration of one's mind, eventually leading to the insanity of fanaticism.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:12 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

God, what a load of shyte. Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever to back up your, positively barmy, claim? "Pretending to know what they are talking about..." - No, they usually DO know what they are talking about, because it happens to be what they do for a living.

It could be the case that when you wrote this silly nonsense you had the "science" of global warming/climate change/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it in mind, where politicisation has occurred to such an extent that there is little, if any, actual science left. That is, however, an exceptional case. Things usually don't get so out of hand, but one can blame others for this, not scientists (ex. "science reporters", politicians, economists, naive environmentalists...).

rick sanchez
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Creationists: Explain this.

These are all real fossils. Am I supposed to believe that this is all a coincidence?

Smaller horse fossils are found in older rocks. Isn't there a pattern here?

Homologus structures, all of these evolved from a common ancestor.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:02 pm

rick sanchez wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Creationists: Explain this.

These are all real fossils. Am I supposed to believe that this is all a coincidence?

Smaller horse fossils are found in older rocks. Isn't there a pattern here?

Homologus structures, all of these evolved from a common ancestor.

Yep.

Whales even have toe bones in their flippers. Why? What good are they?

Perhaps our "intelligent designer" isn't that intelligent.

Whales also have hip bones. They aren't even attached to anything. Whales have hips ... just because.

Creationists will say "Science is still trying to figure out what those hip bones are for."

... and yet creationists get all cocky whenever actual scientists say "We'll have an answer someday."

Creationists have a huge double standard. Creationists will constantly spout anti-intellectual garbage like "God works in mysterious ways." ... but then they will act smug as heck whenever an actual scientist utters the words "I don't know."

Protip: Whenever a creation ret*d says "God works in mysterious ways." this means you just won the argument. Walk away.