Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:21 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I want to get his pictures and other paper memoribilia, and there' s the question of his other material items too...I had, as next of kin, to sign a faxed statement and fax it back to have the county's office release his body to the funeral home...And it is, maybe, seeming to be a possibility that I could inherit some funds, but I don"t know that for sure.

Praying for you that you can inherit your brother's pictures and sentimental papers etc., and that you will also inherit some funds.

You know my best friend who died who had been homeless and finally got a HUD apartment? Well, a miracle happened for me after she died ...one of her daughters sent me three of my friend's drawings in the mail. That was about all of value she had left in the world, and wow do I treasure them.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm

...Okay, first, getting this out of the way...There is apparently no money for me ni y brother's account, no cash. What little money he had in his bank account was returned to the Social Security Administration after he died so that's ruled out, and I won't, unless some new development in this sticks a head up, mention that further, now anyway. I will (since I leave names out here) refer to my late :( brother as " Bruh ", BTW :( . (" Bro " is for other people who are HL or in/were jailed.)
Now, there's the question of the memorabilia, and the other stuff ~ Basically??, the DVDs, etc. I gave him.
For the second thing, the lady I spoke to pointed out that shipping that would proably be very expensive.
However, I don't have a car, let alone the money to go to NY.
What can I do? 8O :? On a certain level, the stuff might even be, even if I couldn't use it, sell-able at a 2nd-hand shop, the discs and DVDs anyway (Although, is there much market for 2nd hand DVD and CD shops anymore? Maybe that's one of those things that have collapsed in this century. Hey, you hip young people here ~ tell me? :| ).
However, such stores don't offer much cash, they're oriented towards offering you stuff for trade - But, bluntly, I am poor enough that even that amount of one-shot do$h could be nice, even ...........although (sigh) listening to the discs, rtc., which were pretty much stuff I'd like would probably be more enjoyable.
However I AM poor enough that I have no CD or DVD-playing mechanism of ANY STRIPE! :x But how much money would it cost to get the stuff out here?
BTW, I ain't a-kiddin' about how much I bought Bruh as Christmas/his birthday presents over the years - Much of them were from Amazon.com. Which keeps your purchases on file.
Rough-counting the original prices of just the Amazon-acquired stuff, and intentionally slightly undercounting the amount when I checked my records there, over a 15-year-period, Bruh received:
over $1700.00 in CDs, etc. from me from Bezos's brainchild.
I would not be talking about this had he not died, naturally (receiving them myself).

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2017, 11:11 am

You'd have to ask them how much to ship. I can tell you I had to ship an employer's computer back when I stopped working for them and it was $75. And wasn't that heavy.