Page 15 of 16 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 2:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
who here wants to go to the moon and mars and beyond?

Well, if it's true from what they're saying, that it's a one way trip, and that life expectancy in the new colonies isn't expected to be exceptionally long, I'll pass. Now, if it's more of a matter of simply visiting, then going back home, I could work with that.
I remember a few years ago, there had been a suggestion that they could do a reality show starring the one way mission crew. I can just imagine colonists getting their skulls cracked open by other colonists who would have gone insane, and smeared feces on their faces as they go on a murder spree - - all on live TV!

now THAT is some "reality TV!" :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 7:21 am

The top three things people argue about being real or staged are:

Reality TV shows.

Pro wrestling.

Going to the moon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:09 am

The first two are (mostly) fake.

We did land on the Moon.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:29 am

Didn't someone try selling moon rocks on Pawn Stars once?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:44 am

Lol....if somebody really obtained Moon rocks, that person breached some MAJOR security barriers.

NASA would be highly pissed, to say the least.

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

Two interns did in fact steal a bunch of moon rocks, laid them out on their bed and had sex over them before being caught. They just waltzed in with duffle bags carrying the equipment they needed, nobody questioned them and just assumed they had some late work. The chamber they were stored in had a 100% nitrogen atmosphere to prevent corrosion and contamination by bacteria, so they needed oxygen tanks to get in. If they were on Pawn Stars it might have have been a meteorite, a big impact on the moon can send ejecta at escape velocity, those can sometimes find their way to Earth and survive burning if they're big enough. We also have some Mars rocks from this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

Even pro-wrestlers do sometimes get hurt putting on a show. A few, like Owen Hart and Ted DiBiase Sr (not the million dollar man, but his dad) actually died.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

Even pro-wrestlers do sometimes get hurt putting on a show. A few, like Owen Hart and Ted DiBiase Sr (not the million dollar man, but his dad) actually died.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2017, 1:01 pm

I have not read the rest of this thread, this kind of thing drives us astronomers crackers :roll:

Yes, we did.....er thats it, full stop.

BBC: Radio 4

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:02 pm

Just seems a stretch that they would lie only about the moon landing out of the endless number of accomplishments with space exploration in the last 60 years.

I mean, it wasn't impossible for them to do have faked the moon landing. And I'm sure the many agencies in the US considered doing that as a last resort (possibly filming fake footage in advance) but as countless fly bys and satellite images will contest, we did indeed land on the moon.

There seems to be a lot of black and white thinking regarding the subject. I'm sure there was a lot of psy-ops involved with the space race at the time due to the heightened tensions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 2:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

I remember that twit tv guy j. stoessel telling a wrestler to his face that he was fake, and the guy slapped stoessel's head off in front of god and everybody.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 2:59 am

Right, our reality could be like the 'Trueman Show' .. where even the moon is fake.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 4:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

I remember that twit tv guy j. stoessel telling a wrestler to his face that he was fake, and the guy slapped stoessel's head off in front of god and everybody.

That was Dr. D David Schultz who had slapped Stossel around. He later claimed Vince McMahon had told him to do it, then fired him. Schultz had always thought he had been set up for a fall because he didn't want to wrestle an amateur like Mr T in the Wrestlemania main event, where he had been teamed with Rowdy Roddy Piper against Mr T and Hulk Hogan. Schultz was out, and Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff took his place.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 5:08 am

It was the real thing. But it was made to LOOK like it was fake! They really did land on the moon that summer in 1969. But they staged the real moon landing to make it LOOK like it was fake so it would LOOK like it was a scam. That way it would look like we were pretending to be more technologically advanced than we really are to lull the world into a false sense of security -and think we were less advanced than we really were the time.

The world then thought that we were too primitive to land a man on the moon in 1969.

But in fact the exact opposite was the case. We were not more primitive than we let no, we were more advanced than we were letting on.

When he made that "small step for a man" we actually already had a teaming secret city on the far side of the moon that had already existed for more than forty years.

Hitler had set up a secret Nazi base on the far side of the Moon in 1943, and when Van Braun and his company surrendered to the West at the end of the war and secretly informed the allies of the base the US simply took over the secret Nazi Moon base, and had been expanding upon it for over forty years by the time of the Apollo Program. So Apollo Eleven was made to look like the first man landing on the moon, when the moon had already long been busy as Times Square!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

That was Dr. D David Schultz who had slapped Stossel around. He later claimed Vince McMahon had told him to do it, then fired him. Schultz had always thought he had been set up for a fall because he didn't want to wrestle an amateur like Mr T in the Wrestlemania main event, where he had been teamed with Rowdy Roddy Piper against Mr T and Hulk Hogan. Schultz was out, and Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff took his place.

in any case, I didn't feel bad about stoessel getting his. the bastard :x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

We did land on the Moon.

in any case, I didn't feel bad about stoessel getting his. the bastard :x

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: