Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 1:15 pm

Britte wrote:

I see. Well, I don't want to be a bother, with further, questions, however, I'm wondering if your upcoming appointment with a therapist is, specifically, to be assessed. I guess, I lost track of some details. Anyway, I hope it all goes very well, Ferris.

I went on a NHS self esteem group course ( read: absolute nightmare ) after my breakdown and afterwards they suggested I would benefit from CBT for depression ( long waiting list ) , since then I have joined here and found out a lot about myself and think my problems lie elsewhere. I am hoping to address my concerns about ASD & OCD with my therapist to see if it's relevant - I hope this clarifies :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I see. Well, I don't want to be a bother, with further, questions, however, I'm wondering if your upcoming appointment with a therapist is, specifically, to be assessed. I guess, I lost track of some details. Anyway, I hope it all goes very well, Ferris.

I went on a NHS self esteem group course ( read: absolute nightmare ) after my breakdown and afterwards they suggested I would benefit from CBT for depression ( long waiting list ) , since then I have joined here and found out a lot about myself and think my problems lie elsewhere. I am hoping to address my concerns about ASD & OCD with my therapist to see if it's relevant - I hope this clarifies :D

Indeed, it does clarify. Thank you. Ferris. :) CBT seems to be effective for many members, here, from what I've read. I've learned to utilize DBT for PTSD triggers and, it is quite effective for me. I downloaded a DBT app on my phone, recently, and it has been of immense help to me, while I have to work with shady people, currently, and triggered right and left, these days.