Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 7:47 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
ahh, that time of year now... Well take good care of yourself Britte. You have many friends here. So please try not to ever feel alone! Keep swimming ;)

I echo 1Biggles1 thoughts Britte , as long as your here you will never truly be alone , I know we may just seem like words on a page but there's a lot of love and caring on the site :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 11:27 pm

Thank you very much, SF !

Not you, nor anyone on WP, seems like mere words on a page to me.
Everything I read and experience, here, feels very, very real to me, and is just as meaningful and valuable to me, as would be in person. Indeed, there is much love and care on this site. Thank you, again. : )

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 11:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sorry for upsetting you......

Please don't worry.
You hadn't upset me.

I hope you have a nice weekend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 11:46 pm

You too.

I wish I had your ability in your field of endeavor.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2017, 11:53 pm

I can relate - I have two jobs and I just quit my back up because I could not take the constant stress and the fact that my boss was literally the devil in disguise. I had to make up some excuse as to why I was leaving as she would not accept me leaving in the slightest since I do everything for her (HR, Payroll, Customer Service). I was her hardest working employee that kept her small company together, but for some reason she did not respect me like she respected the other girls that work for her and she would often treat me as though I were a small child. This has happened to me several times in jobs and I am always treated differently than others. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with AS in that she viewed me as naive and needing of guidance, which gave her permission to treat me like the slow kid in class? But then again, I did the bulk of her work, so I was clearly more capable than the rest, which baffles me as to why she would treat me in such a manner.

Anyway, I left in such a manner that she will really have to scramble to keep everything afloat, and I think it is exactly what she deserves. I would recommend quitting in a way that catches your boss off guard. I just hate these stories about bosses being miserable to employees so they quit. Having AS on top of everything makes it even more unfair since the constant stress really has an effect on our self-esteem, our mental well-being and lives in general. I am not as well equipped to deal with workplace stress the way fellow NT colleagues are. It's just sad.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 1:02 am

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience, RubyTates. And, I'm sorry you've had to contend with the sort of bosses and situations that you have described. I'm glad you quit your job! Good for you for taking care of yourself, and eliminating that stress!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:21 am

Britte wrote:
I'm glad you quit your job! Good for you for taking care of yourself, and eliminating that stress!

Although I didn't technically quit my job ( I was just too ill to do it ) , not having a job was one of the ways that helped me eliminate some stress.

Because I don't have a job my anxieties have just changed to worry about bills & rent and it's getting to the point where I need a job to survive but don't feel well enough to work - it's a catch 22 situation.

It feels like whenever I get my life back on track ( i.e get a decent job and be able to provide relative comfort for me & my GF ) something happens to me and my brain hit self destructs.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 4:48 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:
I'm glad you quit your job! Good for you for taking care of yourself, and eliminating that stress!

Although I didn't technically quit my job ( I was just too ill to do it ) , not having a job was one of the ways that helped me eliminate some stress.

Because I don't have a job my anxieties have just changed to worry about bills & rent and it's getting to the point where I need a job to survive but don't feel well enough to work - it's a catch 22 situation.

It feels like whenever I get my life back on track ( i.e get a decent job and be able to provide relative comfort for me & my GF ) something happens to me and my brain hit self destructs.

I would like to extend an apology to you, as I had neglected to return here/ to check my post. I am not accustomed to posting/creating threads, and rarely, has anyone ever replied to the posts/threads I have generated. I should activate the setting to receive alerts, when/if I generate a topic, going forward. Anyway, it is not in my nature to not respond, or not to acknowledge, even a single person. I am sorry, although, knowing you, you will not think an apology is necessary. Or, perhaps, you may. I am sorry. And, Ironically, we had just been discussing this very thing, in the OCD thread, with SSF, yesterday. : /

I can absolutely relate to the catch 22 aspect you mention, and the rest of your post. Particularly, with regard to your brain self-destructing. I had, recently had a similar experience, whereby I was too ill to work, although, just prior to being pushed out by my manager, I returned to my job, only to find that I no longer have the mental stamina, nor the desire, to work with certain personalities, nor, be responsible for insurmountable details. I am responsible to, too many people, and my job is extremely, detail oriented, and there is no room for mistakes, unless I wish to suffer consequences of which I tend to be, psychologically, incapable of enduring. I have always been, a very detail oriented person, generally, speaking - however, I can't seem to keep up with anything to mentally, demanding, these days. This is what has caused me to consider other options, such as trying to have a go at working on my own.

Edit: I misinterpreted what you had written, due to a single word I read incorrectly, and it changed the entire meaning, thus I deleted and rewrote my reply (in case you were to have read it, previously). I am hopeless, currently. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

I hope future endeavors bring you much success, or, that you and your girlfriend will manage just fine, if you happen not to be able to work. Whatever path leads you to peace/peace of mind, love and happiness, I wish this for you.

Last edited by Britte on 08 Aug 2017, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:01 pm

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I would like to extend an apology to you, as I had neglected to return here/ to check my post. I am not accustomed to posting/creating threads, and rarely, has anyone ever replied to the posts/threads I have generated. I should activate the setting to receive alerts, when/if I generate a topic, going forward. Anyway, it is not in my nature to not respond, or not to acknowledge, even a single person. I am sorry, although, knowing you, you will not think an apology is necessary. Or, perhaps, you may. I am sorry. And, Ironically, we had just been discussing this very thing, in the OCD thread, with SSF, yesterday. : /

I can absolutely relate to the catch 22 aspect you mention, and the rest of your post. Particularly, with regard to your brain self-destructing. I had, recently had a similar experience, whereby I was too ill to work, although, just prior to being pushed out by my manager, I returned to my job, only to find that I no longer have the mental stamina, nor the desire, to work with certain personalities, nor, be responsible for insurmountable details. I am responsible to far too many people, and my job is extremely, detail oriented, and there is no room for mistakes, unless I wish to suffer consequences of which I seem to be, psychologically, incapable of enduring. I have always been, a very detail oriented person, generally, speaking, however, I can't seem to keep up with anything to mentally, demanding, these days. This is what has caused me to consider other options, such as trying to have a go at working on my own.

Edit: I misinterpreted what you had written, due to a single word I read incorrectly, and it changed the entire meaning, thus I deleted and rewrote my reply (in case you were to have ready it, previously). I am hopeless, currently. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

I hope future endeavors bring you much success, or, that you and your girlfriend will manage just fine, if you happen not to be able to work. Whatever path leads you to peace/peace of mind, love and happiness, I wish that for you.

Thanks Britte , I'm not surprised you wanted to leave or left it that was another job you are talking about. I need to get my mind under control before I even consider joining a workforce ( work politics do my head in ). I'm seeing a psychotherapist for the first time ever in a few days so maybe they can sort it for me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bricking myself ( very scared ) .

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:28 pm

I wish you much success with your therapist, Ferris. My therapist has been extremely helpful to me. In addition to sorting out how to work through 'work politics' (which in itself, is indeed, hellish), life, in general, can become increasingly, more challenging as we evolve/age. It is part of our make up (assuming that we share similar challenges), but, what it comes down to, is making the necessary tweaks/adjustments/changes to fit our needs, as we evolve. This is where my therapist has helped me to the greatest extent. While I have become, less capable of sorting through aspects of my life, my therapist continues to offer tools for me to manage, to the best of my ability.

I am fortunate, also, in that, my parents have been supportive, taking an active role in my life, particularly, throughout my childhood, advocating for me and my needs, to the best of their ability. I managed fairly well in college, and, going forward, on my own, and I accomplished a great deal more than I had ever thought I could. These days, however, my parents, who are no spring chickens, but have far greater mental abilities than I, come to assist me when life throws a curveball my way, which has become increasingly more frequent, in recent months. They have been of significant help with things that require keen, executive functioning abilities, as mine have diminished, to a significant, extent, over time. Not sure if there is a point to me telling you about that, however. Perhaps, I envision your girlfriend being of support to you, in various ways, as the result of some of the things you've written about.

May I ask you what you mean by; 'bricking' yourself?

Thank you for sharing your experiences, here, Ferris.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:02 pm

I'm optimistic about therapy , even more so now after reading your post, sounds like you have a good therapist.
My GF has been very supportive much like your parents as my executive functioning disappeared for about a year and are slowly coming back.

'bricking it' means very scared as in *pardon my language* s**t a brick 8O

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I'm optimistic about therapy , even more so now after reading your post, sounds like you have a good therapist.
My GF has been very supportive much like your parents as my executive functioning disappeared for about a year and are slowly coming back.

'bricking it' means very scared as in *pardon my language* s**t a brick 8O

I am glad to know that you are optimistic! Indeed, I do have a very good therapist.

I'm really glad to hear that your executive functioning is returning. Mine goes through stages, however, even at my best, I notice a decrease in my abilities. I'm glad to know that your GF has been supportive! This is so valuable, as it has contributed, largely to keeping my momentum, my hope, when things become increasingly, difficult, even for the short term.

Thanks for the 'bricking' clarification! I think your fear is valid, in that, you don't have anything to base your expectations on, being that this will be your first meeting with a therapist. If I may mention the following. If it happens that you don't care for your therapist, there is no harm in finding one better suited to you. In fact, there can be more harm in sticking with a therapist who doesn't have the ability to be of applicable help to you.

I will be thinking positive thoughts, and, if you are open to it, I am hopeful you might share your experience! Best wishes and much success, Ferris! : ) :D :mrgreen: :flower: :batman: :eew: :cherry: :sunny: :alien:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:00 am

Britte wrote:

Thanks for the 'bricking' clarification! I think your fear is valid, in that, you don't have anything to base your expectations on, being that this will be your first meeting with a therapist. If I may mention the following. If it happens that you don't care for your therapist, there is no harm in finding one better suited to you. In fact, there can be more harm in sticking with a therapist who doesn't have the ability to be of applicable help to you.

Thanks for the heads up about therapists but unfortunately due to my financial circumstances and relying on the NHS , I don't have the luxury of shopping around unless I am prepared to join long waiting lists ( I am not even sure if I be allowed another one if refuse therapy to to a clash ) , I am a little worried that I will get the wrong kind of therapy for my type of mind but I think that's anxiety. Apart from all that I am still optimistic ( maybe hopeful is a better word ) so I'm going to give my best shot. :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

ah, I see. Well, there is, certainly, a very good chance that you and your therapist will be a great match.

I am curious to know - when you request to meet with a psychologist/therapist, does the NHS take into consideration your reasons for wanting to see a psychologist/therapist, and respectively try to match you up with someone who has experience, working with patients with said reasons?

I'm glad to know you are still optimistic/hopeful. Good for you for being positive, and that you plan to give it your best shot! Your anxiety is valid. I bet after your initial meeting, you will be more at ease. If you feel comfortable, you can discuss your concerns about getting the right kind of therapy for your particular mind, and, they may be able to put you at ease, right away. This would be something that I, personally, would want to discuss, upfront/at my initial visit. : )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm

Thanks for the advice Britte , as for the NHS taking into consideration reasons for therapy , I'm sure they do , but as far as the NHS are concerned the only confirmed Dx they have for me is depression, so it's all they'll offer unless I get another Dx

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:45 pm

The NHS, it seems to me, deals with so many people. I would wonder where they take individual aspects of people into consideration. My guess is that it would depend upon the individual therapist.