Round earthism is the greatest lie ever told !

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm

Lol my favourite quote justifying why an American wouldn't learn a foreign language is:

"If English was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me!"

Sorry, I know this is a parody thread, I won't go too serious. It just piqued my interest. I'm like a magpie, I'll swoop in and pick up the most random things and fly away again.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:55 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Lol my favourite quote justifying why an American wouldn't learn a foreign language is:

Sorry, I know this is a parody thread, I won't go too serious. It just piqued my interest. I'm like a magpie, I'll swoop in and pick up the most random things and fly away again.

I had a dentist who apparently was a creationist. He had a childrens book on his coffee table which depicted Adam and Eve as white, blond haired, blue eyed Europeans.

European artists depicted biblical figures as white simply because they often had never seen other people. Modern day religious illustrators have no such excuse.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm

Chronos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I had a dentist who apparently was a creationist. He had a childrens book on his coffee table which depicted Adam and Eve as white, blond haired, blue eyed Europeans.

European artists depicted biblical figures as white simply because they often had never seen other people. Modern day religious illustrators have no such excuse.

My older brother once got mad at the idea of depicting Jesus as non-white.
The thing is that people of the Middle East and Eurasia along with Europeans fall under the racial category caucasoid so what's the problem? Why should Jesus's ethnicity be important? Shouldn't his message be what's important?

Some might get the idea I am anti-Jesus since I do not like organized religion. I have respect for Jesus but his fanclub needs to grow up.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
After all, most American Christians believe that God speaks English and that the King James Bible is the original version.

"Most" American Christians? How do you know this? Any evidence to back up this claim, or did you just make it up for the sake of being controversial?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

Marknis wrote:
Shouldn't his message be what's important?

Exactly!

Marknis wrote:
Some might get the idea I am anti-Jesus since I do not like organized religion. I have respect for Jesus but his fanclub needs to grow up.

God yes, do they ever need to grow up! Getting into picky little details about what kind of breakfast cereal the apostles enjoyed, or what kind of pick-up truck Jesus would drive if he were alive today (I'm thinking of the "WWJD" mob), is just taking things to an idiotic, comical extreme.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:28 pm

I like these topics that challenge thinking.

Most of us probably have a long history of being told our thinking is wrong by NT people.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:23 pm

Lintar wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
After all, most American Christians believe that God speaks English and that the King James Bible is the original version.

In contrast the Vatican couldn't accept that God spoke in ANY vernacular language until the 1960's when Pope Paul allowed them to do the Mass in the vernacular (English in English speaking countries, etc).

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

:roll: :wall:

climber9
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2018, 9:07 am

Revelation 7 - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth.
The Earth can't be spherical if it has corners.

Luke 4:5 - And the devil took him up to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world.
If the Earth is spherical you can't see 'all the kingdoms' no matter how high up you go.

So there!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 9:21 am

In 1st Kings 7:23 -- "And he [Hiram, on behalf of King Solomon] made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."

The circumference of this round object was 30 cubits, while its diameter was 10 cubits. It doesn't really matter what a 'cubit' is, as long as you realize that 30 divided by 10 equals 3. Thus, the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter is always 3, and not 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 (et cetera) like the scientists keep telling us.

Because,  Science!  the Bible!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 11:40 am

If it weren't for one point I could see how a sphere is a plane. I get how it seems that way to locals though.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 8:04 pm

Everyone knows the earth is both flat and hollow. Its like a pita pocket.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2018, 6:54 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
A circle is not a three-dimensional shape. Circles are two-dimensional.

Technically, circles are one-dimensional. The two-dimensional region bounded by a circle in the plane is known as a "disk" in mathematical terminology.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2018, 2:37 pm

How exactly is the bible the be all end all "authority" on this? really now,this is a re-translated and re-translated collection of archaic letters from primitive eastern Mediterranean people. How is that "the word of god"?
It's all just a bunch of propaganda to keep the masses obedient as the roman government fell.
And people run around worshiping the thing as an idol, always referencing a convenient quote to support their madness.

Flat earthers are just trolls, how could anyone be so stupid as to still believe the earth is flat, after 50 years of space travel, nullifying any argument they have.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 5:53 pm

pete413 wrote:
How exactly is the bible the be all end all "authority" on this? really now,this is a re-translated and re-translated collection of archaic letters from primitive eastern Mediterranean people. How is that "the word of god"?
It's all just a bunch of propaganda to keep the masses obedient as the roman government fell.
And people run around worshiping the thing as an idol, always referencing a convenient quote to support their madness.

Flat earthers are just trolls, how could anyone be so stupid as to still believe the earth is flat, after 50 years of space travel, nullifying any argument they have.

But its....the word of God!

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2018, 4:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
pete413 wrote:

But its....the word of God!

"god"?

I do not think anyone has been able to accurately define that term.
who? what? where? how? nobody knows.

They just toss this "god" word around, as it was a name of some kind. But the individual belonging to that name "God" can not be found. Supposedly, you can talk to it. even hold two way conversations, have a personal relationship with it. Apparently it's an author, and can get books published.

What am I missing here? I guess it's just easier for some people to form a relationship with a poorly defined concept. I guess that is what they call "faith"? believing stuff that has little to no evidence to back it up.

Most folks are sold religion at such a young age they lack the critical thinking skills to reject it. And go on their whole lives believing a lie, because they we're told that lie as children, or at some extremely desperate low point in life. That's how they get 'em. That's how religion works.

It's the original form of "government". How the pharaoh got the people to build things, and go to war.

"God"? what "god"? a metaphor for a divine right despot? An impostor?