Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:13 pm

If I don't want something very important to me like a prized possession being touched in a matter where it could be harmed or ruined I would be very hurt if a friend ruined it and especially because they didn't respect my concern and did it anyway.

Also if I don't want personal journal entries read and I walked away from the room and they were reading it that would make me feel very hurt too.

When I say prized possession I mean my opal necklace my mom got me, these limited edition decorative makeup brushes my mom got me for Easter and especially someone wearing my genuine, one of a kind sapphire earrings. I'm fine with sharing my video games as long as they don't delete my progress intentionally.

Are those boundaries unreasonable?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm

Not unreasonable at all! Seems some individuals are not respecting your boundaries and seem to be taking some advantage of your kind nature.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

People should just stop taking and touching your things without permission.

and....especially...stop reading your journals.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People should just stop taking and touching your things without permission.

and....especially...stop reading your journals.

No one has done that in a long time but it was very annoying when it did. Luckily, friends taking and touching my things without my permission hasn't happened but it is a concern.

I trust people too much.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 5:43 am

No, you're not being unreasonable. I know NTs who have special or sentimental possessions they don't want touched. I think it's unreasonable for grown people to touch something of somebody else's when they clearly stated not to touch. And with reading other people's diaries and journals, reading somebody else's personal things what the owner prefers not to have anyone read, is also out of order.

So no, you aren't the one being unreasonable at all. You just value some of your things, which is OK and normal.
:D