Moderate 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Severe 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:09 pm

Britte wrote:

Well, then you have come a long way, yourself, as well! : )

Sure have , all thanks to WP or to be more precise the posters of WP :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

Britte wrote:
[quote="StampySquiddyFan

I'm sorry about that :( . I know how anxiety can feel. I hope you feel better soon! :D

I'm doing better. I'm still having intrusive thoughts, but writing them down really helped.[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words and sentiments, SSF.

I' glad to hear you are doing better, and very glad to hear that you are able to help yourself when intrusive thoughts rear their heads. Writing can be extremely helpful in sorting out my difficulties and calming me.[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, it does help :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:09 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

Well, then you have come a long way, yourself, as well! : )

Sure have , all thanks to WP or to be more precise the posters of WP :)

...and, dont disregard the work you've put into finding answers and whatnot! :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:14 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

That's excellent! Sorry about my quoting debacle, here, by the way. :D lets see how things turn out, this time 'round :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:17 pm

:D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:01 pm

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

That's excellent! Sorry about my quoting debacle, here, by the way. :D lets see how things turn out, this time 'round :)

Your quoting debacle is fine :D ! All of my threads are so disorganized because I feel the need to reply to everybody lol. Thanks for all your support!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:08 pm

I think your threads are wonderful, and I adore how you respond to everyone. You are a very, very, special person and good friend, SSF. Thank you for all your support, as well! :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm

And, if I may say, since we are on the subject, Ferris, you are quite a special person and good friend, and both of you have added so much pleasure to my experience, here/on WP. ~Thank you :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
All of my threads are so disorganized because I feel the need to reply to everybody lol. Thanks for all your support!

I also feel the need to reply to everyone on one of my threads , IMO it would be rude not too. If I don't it's because I've missed it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:17 pm

Britte wrote:
I think your threads are wonderful, and I adore how you respond to everyone. You are a very, very, special person and good friend, SSF. Thank you for all your support, as well! :D

Thank you so much :D ! You are a great friend as well. You're welcome for the support; we're all in this together!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:

Thank you so much :D ! You are a great friend as well. You're welcome for the support; we're all in this together!

Thank you! Indeed, we are! :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:22 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
All of my threads are so disorganized because I feel the need to reply to everybody lol. Thanks for all your support!

I also feel the need to reply to everyone on one of my threads , IMO it would be rude not too. If I don't it's because I've missed it.

I have always noticed this about you, and it is an unusual and lovely character trait.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

Britte wrote:
And, if I may say, since we are on the subject, Ferris, you are quite a special person and good friend, and both of you have added so much pleasure to my experience, here/on WP. ~Thank you :D

Thanks Britte , I'd put you in the same category.

Britte wrote:

I have always noticed this about you, and it is an unusual and lovely character trait.

Yep , I'm definitely unusual :lol:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 1:40 am

^Indeed, you are! And thank goodness for that! :D

Thank you, Ferris.^ :mrgreen:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:35 am

Er, what counts as "mild" "moderate" or "severe" exactly? It is based on the amount of time these behaviours take up/how disruptive they are to a person's life? I'm just curious. Most people in my life refer to me as OCD, but I don't have any sort of diagnosis. But right now I'm considering it as a strong possibility.

I realise that people these days tend to throw around the word OCD a lot, using it as an adjective to describe being organised. :roll: But personally I'm not even that organised, in fact I'm usually something of a disorganised klutz, but yeah some of my behaviours do take up a lot of time. I've been trying to curb them though recently.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 12:25 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Er, what counts as "mild" "moderate" or "severe" exactly? It is based on the amount of time these behaviours take up/how disruptive they are to a person's life? I'm just curious. Most people in my life refer to me as OCD, but I don't have any sort of diagnosis. But right now I'm considering it as a strong possibility.

I realise that people these days tend to throw around the word OCD a lot, using it as an adjective to describe being organised. :roll: But personally I'm not even that organised, in fact I'm usually something of a disorganised klutz, but yeah some of my behaviours do take up a lot of time. I've been trying to curb them though recently.

In my case, severe OCD was being unable to distract or think about anything else, screaming and crying for hours every day because the obsessions were so strong, and having little insight and not attempting to stop or curb any of my compulsions. I had around probably 70-80 compulsions per day, and the obsessions were almost constant. It's a lot better now, and I would say I am mild-moderate, depending on the day. I would describe that as having obsessions that flair up quite often, being constantly worried but not panicking, and having around 50 compulsions per day (maybe that's not mild :D ). The YBOCS (Yale-Brown obsessive compulsive scale) is great for determining the "level" of OCD. Here's a link: http://www.seinstitute.com/wp-content/u ... cklist.pdf
Hope this helps :D