Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 3:03 pm

...The name "Kinsey " makes me think of Cole Potter's song " Too Darn Hot "-with its line " According to the Kinsey Report/every average man you know...".
Does saying this pre-qualify me as " Old (deposed) Queen ",anyway?
You b***h!! !! !! !! ! :lol: :P :wink:
My first post on a new smartphone (costing twice as much as I anticipated :| :( )...........

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 4:22 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...The name "Kinsey " makes me think of Cole Potter's song " Too Darn Hot "-with its line " According to the Kinsey Report/every average man you know...".
Does saying this pre-qualify me as " Old (deposed) Queen ",anyway?
You b***h!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :lol: :P :wink:
My first post on a new smartphone (costing twice as much as I anticipated :| :( )...........

Er, was this post aimed at me? I'm the person who made the thread of the Kinsey test recently. I hadn't heard of the song "Too darn hot" by Cole Potter until now, decent song. :) Are you asking if knowing that song makes you old drag queen? Are you a drag queen? Is that what you mean by Queen?

Who are you calling a b***h? Was that aimed at me, and if so- was it sarcastic? I'm confused.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:53 pm

...I meant " old queen " in this more general, old-style, in my head, anyway??, sense, not specifically about drag queens. I didn't see that you were female when I first read your message.
It wasn't really " aimed at you ", just general commentin' :D :P :mrgreen: . Certainly saying " You b***h ! " was not specifically aimed at you. (Um...is that ol' Aspie " not quite getting irony/sarcasm/whatever " thing a goin'here ?:lol:)
What version of Cole's song came up? If it was from the MGM movie of " Kiss Me, Kate ", it would've changed/censored the word " Kinsey " :roll: !

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 4:12 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I meant " old queen " in this more general, old-style, in my head, anyway??, sense, not specifically about drag queens. I didn't see that you were female when I first read your message.

Oh, well admittedly I assumed you were on about drag Queens when I saw you mention Queens despite your profile saying male. I'll admit I'm still a bit lost (fitting for my username, haha) so I'm thinking it's a term of endearment? I know in old movies sometimes gay men call each other Queens, did you mistake me for a gay man at first- and then realised your mistake when you saw I was female? Or is more of a general term of endearment, perhaps a fandom name of "Kiss me Kate"?

ASS-P wrote:
It wasn't really " aimed at you ", just general commentin' :D :P :mrgreen: . Certainly saying " You b***h ! " was not specifically aimed at you. (Um...is that ol' Aspie " not quite getting irony/sarcasm/whatever " thing a goin'here ?:lol:)

Ah ok, I did wonder if I had somehow annoyed you, (I thought maybe you were annoyed at me because I made you think of that song/ get that song stuck in your head indirectly) also, I wondered if this was also a term of endearment, after all sometimes people call each other b***hes as a friendly thing. There was also the possibility that you were quoting the film (I've never seen "Kiss me Kate" so I've no idea if that is quotable anywhere in the film).

I've actually no idea if I'm "on the spectrum" as it were, I don't think I am...but if I am then I would expect it to fall under more of the high functioning category, since I seem to function socially quite well. *shrug* But yeah, sometimes I don't always get sarcasm, but I prefer to think of myself as part-sighted to sarcasm, rather than blind. There are times when I pick up on it, and other times when someone can be sarcastic to me for hours and I've no idea unless they tell me, haha. I'm better at being sarcastic than picking up on it. :D

Yeah, I brought up sarcasm because I wondered if you actually meant b***h as a friendly thing, since sometimes people use insults in a sort of humorous way and I wondered if you were insulting me as a sort of "I'm insulting you but not really, I'm almost using this as a way to connect to you and perhaps as a back-handed compliment".

ASS-P wrote:
What version of Cole's song came up? If it was from the MGM movie of " Kiss Me, Kate ", it would've changed/censored the word " Kinsey " :roll: !

It was this version, which didn't censor it (also, why would you censor Kinsey? It's not like his surname is a bad word, was mentioning him considered taboo, even rude perhaps? Was it because of tight rules regarding mentioning sexuality?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6C8ZZ4XF7I

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:51 am

...Briefly, I believe Kinsey's original reports were highly controversial in the America of that time, possibly forbidden from being mentioned in the MGM K-M-K film of that time. I thought the version of "Too Darn Hot was - the opera-style singing is not my favorite approach, though some parts of it were good.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 7:18 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Briefly, I believe Kinsey's original reports were highly controversial in the America of that time, possibly forbidden from being mentioned in the MGM K-M-K film of that time.

Ah, yeah I suppose that makes sense.

ASS-P wrote:
I thought the version of "Too Darn Hot was - the opera-style singing is not my favorite approach, though some parts of it were good.

Fair enough, it was just one of the first versions that came up that wasn't the censored film version.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 1:12 pm

Did you know the film version was censored, then, before I mentioned It? Since I didn't mention that till after you'd heard it already.
Songs from musicals often have somewhat lyrically different versions floating around - Both the opera lady and Ella Fitzgerald sang a line as " much prefers his lovey-dovey to court " that I remember as " much prefers to play his favorite sport"! 8O

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 4:48 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Did you know the film version was censored, then, before I mentioned It? Since I didn't mention that till after you'd heard it already.

I've actually yet to hear the musical version, I only pointed out it wasn't censored on the Opera version because you mentioned it was censored on the musical version. The only version I listened to was the opera version.

ASS-P wrote:
Songs from musicals often have somewhat lyrically different versions floating around - Both the opera lady and Ella Fitzgerald sang a line as " much prefers his lovey-dovey to court " that I remember as " much prefers to play his favorite sport"! 8O

Is this because that was the line in the musical version (haven't heard it yet, just guessing here) or did you mishear it?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:11 am

...LD, what set up this separate post is that, as I sometimes do, I pushed New Topic rather than Reply, and when I noticed that when I was finished, I didn't want to post it again! :x

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:36 am

ASS-P wrote:
...LD, what set up this separate post is that, as I sometimes do, I pushed New Topic rather than Reply, and when I noticed that when I was finished, I didn't want to post it again! :x

Eh, easy enough mistake to make.