Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CSquared29111
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2017, 4:58 pm

Hi, all!

I think I've posted once on the site, so I figured I would make a proper introduction post.
My name is Courtney, and I'm an autistic adult. I was diagnosed back in December 2016, so I'm a little bit new to the officially diagnosed area. :mrgreen:

However, growing up I was the primary caregiver of my little brother who is also on the spectrum. I took notes on his IEPs, researched all the therapies and their protocols, and read everything about autism that I could find. It wasn't until my mid-teens when I considered possibly being autistic, but I didn't pursue the idea until college.
Because of this, I have experience in both the parenting aspect and in being actually autistic.

I am a university student, and currently studying Sociology and Psychology. I'm engaged to a lovely man who is also autistic too, which is nice. :heart:
I also volunteer with my local autism society as the Social Scene Coordinator for both teens and adults, and currently formulating support groups. In my spare time, I like to watch Star Trek (Voyager and The Next Generation are my favorites). I also really love Babylon 5 and Doctor Who. As well as this, I like to snuggle my emotional support cat, Leia. She likes to watch television and listen to me play the ukulele.

I had forgotten about this forum for a long time until a friend reminded me, so I figured I would pop in and say hello! Hopefully I might be a little more involved, but we shall see.

My blog can be found here: https://justkeepstimming.com

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:42 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

CSquared29111
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you! It seems quite nice so far!

(Also: I like your username! I don't really play Minecraft myself, but my brother loves Stampy Cat. Just thought I'd mention it.)

My blog can be found here: https://justkeepstimming.com

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

CSquared29111 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you! It seems quite nice so far!

(Also: I like your username! I don't really play Minecraft myself, but my brother loves Stampy Cat. Just thought I'd mention it.)

OH my- I need to meet this person! Is he on Wrongplanet, too? :D Stampy is my favorite YouTuber ever!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:29 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)