Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 6:44 am

So... Tekken.

My first exposure to the iconic fighting game franchise was Tekken 3 on the PS1. My brother and I would play it whenever we visited a friend of ours (who is now the mother to my godson, funnily enough). It was tons of fun. I acquired the game for myself recently, since I wanted to relive the memories I had with it.

As of posting this, I've played almost every mainline Tekken game released so far, except 5 and 7. I've also played both Tag Tournament games. However, I only personally own only the first 3 games on the PS1, as the PS1 is one of three game consoles I own, next to a Nintendo DS and a GameCube.

Any other experiences? :D

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 9:22 pm

I love Tekken Tag Tournament. I've played other Tekken games but the first Tag Tournament is my favorite. I still play it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:08 am

whatamievendoing wrote:

My first exposure to the iconic fighting game franchise was Tekken 3 on the PS1.

I always picked King in the first Tekken and could do his 10 hit combo like it was second nature.

I could nearly always kick my GF butt on Tekken but when we played Street Fighter she'd wipe the floor with me every time :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 4:53 pm

I played some Tekken on PS one. Clay Fighters, Double Dragon and Mortal Kombat were my main beat 'em up games though as well as TMNT on a variety of platforms of course.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:52 pm

I'd say 5 was the last decent outing as far as I'm concerned for an offline title.
TTT2 was very much a refined 6. 6 is where the story got convoluted and the character roster got oversaturated.
KoF suffered the same fate as did MK over time. It's almost a trope at this point for the genre.

3 was a ground breaker BTW! It was the first Tekken game that offered a fluid experience, it was on an AM12 board in the arcades so looked significantly improved from 1 and 2 considering it was in the 32 bit era. Easily one of the best home ports and managing to maintain the framerate, integrity of the gfx was an astounding feat at the time.

Ahem! :oops: sorry.

Tekken rules.
Or, it did.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 4:57 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
I'd say 5 was the last decent outing as far as I'm concerned for an offline title.
TTT2 was very much a refined 6. 6 is where the story got convoluted and the character roster got oversaturated.

I never dug too deep into the story side of 6, so I don't really have an opinion in regards to it. Either way, I can see where you're coming from. I do agree with your sentiment about TT2 essentially being a refined 6, though.

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2017, 5:38 am

I played all the Tekken games for hundreds of hours, so one could call me a huge fan of the series. Tekken 3 was actually my least favorite out of all of them. Lately i have become more involved in the Virtua Fighter series though.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:34 pm

PatrickJane wrote:
I played all the Tekken games for hundreds of hours, so one could call me a huge fan of the series. Tekken 3 was actually my least favorite out of all of them. Lately i have become more involved in the Virtua Fighter series though.

Get the Japanese version of 4 Plus.
Best of the series IMO.