Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 8:25 am

An example of White Privilege is the all the golfing and vacations that Obama took while he was in office.
Trump tweeted that it was excessive. Now that Trump is in office it is obvious to most people that he is golfing and vacationing even more than Obama.

This is abnormal in that evidence is usually hard to find.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

This is known as the party I support privilege and the person in the other party can do no right. One can not say Trump is not critized. If the Russia investigation fails and when people get used to his twitter storms the resistance will get around to his golfing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 11:52 am

BTDT wrote:
An example of White Privilege is the all the golfing and vacations that Obama took while he was in office.
Trump tweeted that it was excessive. Now that Trump is in office it is obvious to most people that he is golfing and vacationing even more than Obama.

Putting aside the obvious fact that Obama came under far less fire over 8 years than Trump has in 8 months, I note that you've not even pretended to consider factors other than race.

If it's a witch hunt you want, I recommend you look in the nearest mirror.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 12:08 pm

What other factors would account for the way Trump thinks?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm

Obama was president of America for two terms, what does that say about white privilege?

White privilege and such social theory usual usually conflates institutional power with individual power. Her is a rare example of both.

Why are we focusing on these people rather than huge swathes of people in the rust belt and cities living in poverty, with poor education and prospects. Race is not the only factor. Why does everything have to be contingent on race.

You want someone living in a trailer park, to fight pitched battles with some living in state projects in the hood? For what end?

Enough this nonsense.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 2:08 pm

I have no idea how many golfing holidays Trump takes.

What I do know is he is not someone that hold himself to the same standards as he does others. He is perpetual BS merchant and hypocrite.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Aug 2017, 5:16 am

I think this is just a case of Trump being an idiot and bad president.

The white privilege in action is that a rich white idiot can spout racist and sexist rhetoric and still get elected president, while a black guy has to be practically perfect.

adifferentname wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Putting aside the obvious fact that Obama came under far less fire over 8 years than Trump has in 8 months,

Yeah, no.

No doubt Trump will have come under more fire by the time he leaves the White House (unless he suddenly resigns in the next few months, in which case he'll have probably come under more within a couple of years after the inevitable inquiries), but Obama received plenty of criticism from the American media and political class - certainly far more than a twelfth of what Trump gets. Obviously it's hard to quantify, but a large section of the American people are behind Trump completely while a lot of Obama's supporters still criticised him. I would suggest that Trump is probably 2-3 times more criticised than Obama, and that's simply a reflection of the gulf in competency.

There's a big gap internationally, where Trump might actually be getting somewhere in the region of 12 times as much criticism, but that's not really relevant - only Americans elect presidents.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 6:25 am

BTDT wrote:

This thread is about the way you think, not how Trump thinks - as if that were something you could be privy to.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 6:47 am

The_Walrus wrote:
No doubt Trump will have come under more fire by the time he leaves the White House (unless he suddenly resigns in the next few months, in which case he'll have probably come under more within a couple of years after the inevitable inquiries), but Obama received plenty of criticism from the American media and political class - certainly far more than a twelfth of what Trump gets. Obviously it's hard to quantify, but a large section of the American people are behind Trump completely while a lot of Obama's supporters still criticised him. I would suggest that Trump is probably 2-3 times more criticised than Obama, and that's simply a reflection of the gulf in competency.

There's a world of difference between receiving "plenty" of criticism and having significant portions of the media - in cahoots with your political foes in D.C. - pushing conspiracy theories, manufacturing false reports and evidence in a deliberate bid to dislodge something, anything, no matter how tiny or deeply hidden, whatever it takes, to forcibly bring about an impeachment.

I was hoping Trump would be given a chance to win me over during his first year in charge. He's spent the majority of it, thus far, dodging bullets. If anything, the vitriol being aimed at him, along with the persistent "investigations", is turning me off from his persecutors, not the man himself.

Quote:
There's a big gap internationally, where Trump might actually be getting somewhere in the region of 12 times as much criticism, but that's not really relevant - only Americans elect presidents.

And Americans, as we all know, never so much as consider the opinions of non-Americans, right?

US citizens already voted, despite the "regressive's" inability to accept the outcome. Suggesting opinions around the world are irrelevant during his tenure is utter testicles.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

BTDT wrote:

Dude. Get real.

We all know that Trump flings dung at everyone on the planet (his own party etc) except for one person.

The one person he never criticizes is Putin.

Trump doesn't target Obama with dung because of Obama's skin color, but because Obama belongs to the "everyone on the planet who is not Putin" race! Lol!