Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,749
Location: Long Island, New York

04 Aug 2017, 3:45 pm

'Death Wish' trailer starring Bruce Willis slammed as 'racist,' 'alt-right'

Back in 1974 the original was called racist also. Moving the setting from New York to Chicago is said to be evidence of racism. New York still has a lot of black people. Chicago is the new New York as it is known for its out of control crime like New York was in the '70's. The original ended in Chicago.


_________________
Nothing about us, without us - That includes the ENTIRE Autism Spectrum

Recovering from tongue cancer and suspected Ramsey Hunt Syndrome (Ear Shingles), somewhat verbal.
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,818
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

04 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

Well people will have their opinions, I honestly think the best thing to do if you don't like the look of a movie, don't go see it. I probably don't want to watch it, just like much of the other garbage that comes out.

Last new move I saw was the new Alien movie with my boyfriend and he was rather disappointed with it, and I certainly think it could have been better to...I mean it was a little bit overkill on the drama.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 35,984
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

People who take "revenge" movies like this to heart tend to be cynical sorts.

Many of these cynical sorts are paranoiac racists.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,420
Location: STENDEC

04 Aug 2017, 10:54 pm

It seems like liberals have been brainwashed into believing older white man equals a racist/alt-right/nazi/homophobe/nazi/islamaphobe/nazi/racist/nazi/misogynist/nazi.


_________________
Three-Eyed Raven

Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.

To me everyone is them.


Last edited by EzraS on 05 Aug 2017, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 35,984
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2017, 11:45 pm

If anybody believes that all older white men are racists and all the other things mentioned,that somebody has a screw loose somewhere.

Most liberals (almost all) don't believe such garbage.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,420
Location: STENDEC

05 Aug 2017, 12:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If anybody believes that all older white men are racists and all the other things mentioned,that somebody has a screw loose somewhere.

Most liberals (almost all) don't believe such garbage.


It really seems like I come across it a lot throughout the internet. The video comments seemed to focus on Bruce Willis fitting that description.

My dad had to attend a mandatory seminar workshop whatever about racism taught by an SJW type. She asked people in the room various questions like who's most likely to do whatever, who's most likely to suffer whatever and started building up a chart on whiteboard.. The conclusion was a white male christian republican 30-50 years old type was the victimizer and everyone else was the victim. I wonder if I can find it on youtube somewhere.


_________________
Three-Eyed Raven

Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.

To me everyone is them.


adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,641

05 Aug 2017, 6:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If anybody believes that all older white men are racists and all the other things mentioned,that somebody has a screw loose somewhere.

Most liberals (almost all) don't believe such garbage.


How many of them challenge this narrative when it rears up compared to the number who keep their heads down and, in doing so, grant it their tacit approval?

Anyone who identifies with the "left", but fails to criticise these simplistic, divisive, dangerous ideas is complicit in their spreading, and they do so because it's politically expedient to allow the race and gender trolls loose on their opposition.



adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,641

05 Aug 2017, 7:03 am

EzraS wrote:
It really seems like I come across it a lot throughout the internet. The video comments seemed to focus on Bruce Willis fitting that description.


Also on the fact the director, Eli Roth, is white - presumably replacing a Jewish director with a Chinese director would resolve the matter, especially if the old white man was instead young and black.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,818
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

05 Aug 2017, 1:42 pm

uhh stupid double post.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


Last edited by Sweetleaf on 05 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,818
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

05 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm

EzraS wrote:
It seems like liberals have been brainwashed into believing older white man equals a racist/alt-right/nazi/homophobe/nazi/islamaphobe/nazi/racist/nazi/misogynist/nazi.


As a liberal I don't think that older white man=racist-altright/nazi/homophobe/islamaphobe/misogynist...unless said older white man expresses those prejudices, also there are older white women who express racist/sexist/homophobic/ect sentiment.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,818
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

05 Aug 2017, 1:56 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If anybody believes that all older white men are racists and all the other things mentioned,that somebody has a screw loose somewhere.

Most liberals (almost all) don't believe such garbage.


It really seems like I come across it a lot throughout the internet. The video comments seemed to focus on Bruce Willis fitting that description.

My dad had to attend a mandatory seminar workshop whatever about racism taught by an SJW type. She asked people in the room various questions like who's most likely to do whatever, who's most likely to suffer whatever and started building up a chart on whiteboard.. The conclusion was a white male christian republican 30-50 years old type was the victimizer and everyone else was the victim. I wonder if I can find it on youtube somewhere.


Youtube video comments are so toxic, that is not going to give you a good perspective on what most liberals think...you have left wing and right wing trolls all over the comments section, and just trolls in general, people taking out their frustrations by being toxic. Youtube comments section is like an internet garbage bin.

As for that class I could see the conclusion that a white christian republican male is less likely to face some of the challenges that are faced by minorities...but to paint it as they are always a victimizer due to that and seeing everyone else as victims is taking it a bit far. But then on the other side of that you have some alt righter types trying to make it out like white christian males are some kind of heavily discriminated against minority because 'gay marrige' and christian rules and morality not being enforced or encouraged enough. The idea that white christian republican males between 30-50 face unfair discrimination is just as ridiculous as the idea that just because someone is a white christian republican male they must be a victimizer of minorities.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


BaronHarkonnen85
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2016
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 134
Location: Tennessee

05 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

SJWs think everything under the sun is racist. You can't take them seriously. Just laugh at them for the idiots they are.


_________________
--Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Have you accepted Pepe as your Lord and Saviour?


Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 742
Location: The Vile Belt

05 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
SJWs think everything under the sun is racist. You can't take them seriously. Just laugh at them for the idiots they are.


They will eventually eat themselves. Laci Green moved on from them after she had some wake up calls and they called her a traitor. Even Franny Ramsey mentioned feeling alienated from them since she has a white husband.

Regardless, I won't waste my money on this remake. I want something original, not something retooled from an older story just to make a quick buck.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,420
Location: STENDEC

05 Aug 2017, 11:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems like liberals have been brainwashed into believing older white man equals a racist/alt-right/nazi/homophobe/nazi/islamaphobe/nazi/racist/nazi/misogynist/nazi.


As a liberal I don't think that older white man=racist-altright/nazi/homophobe/islamaphobe/misogynist...unless said older white man expresses those prejudices, also there are older white women who express racist/sexist/homophobic/ect sentiment.


Certainly not every single liberal thinks that about every single older white conservative male. But it does seem to be a prevailing school of thought and assessment overall.


_________________
Three-Eyed Raven

Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.

To me everyone is them.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,420
Location: STENDEC

05 Aug 2017, 11:56 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If anybody believes that all older white men are racists and all the other things mentioned,that somebody has a screw loose somewhere.

Most liberals (almost all) don't believe such garbage.


It really seems like I come across it a lot throughout the internet. The video comments seemed to focus on Bruce Willis fitting that description.

My dad had to attend a mandatory seminar workshop whatever about racism taught by an SJW type. She asked people in the room various questions like who's most likely to do whatever, who's most likely to suffer whatever and started building up a chart on whiteboard.. The conclusion was a white male christian republican 30-50 years old type was the victimizer and everyone else was the victim. I wonder if I can find it on youtube somewhere.


Youtube video comments are so toxic, that is not going to give you a good perspective on what most liberals think...you have left wing and right wing trolls all over the comments section, and just trolls in general, people taking out their frustrations by being toxic. Youtube comments section is like an internet garbage bin.


What I meant is I wonder if I can find that same thing my dad was forced to go to being taught on youtube, to show exactly what I'm talking about.

Sweetleaf wrote:
As for that class I could see the conclusion that a white christian republican male is less likely to face some of the challenges that are faced by minorities...but to paint it as they are always a victimizer due to that and seeing everyone else as victims is taking it a bit far. But then on the other side of that you have some alt righter types trying to make it out like white christian males are some kind of heavily discriminated against minority because 'gay marrige' and christian rules and morality not being enforced or encouraged enough. The idea that white christian republican males between 30-50 face unfair discrimination is just as ridiculous as the idea that just because someone is a white christian republican male they must be a victimizer of minorities.


It seems to me that the majority of white male conservatives are placed under the alt-right umbrella, with alt-right just being another way of saying nazi. And who wants anything to do with nazis?


_________________
Three-Eyed Raven

Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.

To me everyone is them.