I like the similarity to "goddess."

Nothing's sacred these days!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 1:12 pm

I think of someone as a b***h when they falsely accuse me or are rude or unfriendly or defensive when I have asked something or made a comment and they over react or if they are cursing at me and yelling. I think of my mom as one when she does her moment.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 10:49 am

Before spaying and neutering became common, most people wanted male dogs because then they didn't have to worry about unwanted puppies. Of course, their male dog could still roam around and impregnate female dogs.

My mother told me that in Newfoundland a lot of people are abandoning puppies out in a field somewhere because they can't or won't get their dogs fixed instead. A lot of the puppies die of dehydration and exposure. That's just plain evil. :x Don't they even have animal shelters? :(

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:14 pm

My dad once found a puppy that was all skin and bones and she could barely move so he stopped and got her and brought her home. He took her to the vet and he said she was healthy and she only needed food and estimated she was a two or three months. We fattened her up and she was healthy size.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 1:32 pm

That's wonderful. :) Did you keep the puppy or find a good owner for her?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

I'm pretty sure it's because comparing humans to dogs is generally considered insulting. They are considered the property of their owners, they are very dependent on their owners, and they are generally trained to do tricks for their owner's amusement. While that is better then living in the wild for pets, that is not exactly desirable for humans. Saying that you are "making X your b*tch" is one (very edgy) way to say that you are controlling it for your amusement.

So really the insult being conveyed when someone says "b*tch" is not "you are a female dog" but more "you are letting yourself be controlled".

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

Dog breeders term for a female dog,later on an insult.Some men here won't refer to a female dog as a b***h around women,then the polite term to use is jip.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 6:52 am

so what preferable terms for a female dog, can anyone think of?

Femhound? no, sounds like a less nice version of cougar... :?

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:04 am

Misslizard wrote:
Dog breeders term for a female dog,later on an insult.Some men here won't refer to a female dog as a b***h around women,then the polite term to use is jip.

That is delightfully obscure. Don't think I've ever heard that word before, and I'm the sort of person who knows what a group of foxes is called. Thank you! :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Misslizard wrote:

Where I'm from Jip is used to mean giving someone aggro or hassle "Stop giving me jip"

or if you have a bad knee and it gives you pain you say "My knee is giving me Jip"

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:33 am

Sure that's not "gyp"?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:06 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That is delightfully obscure. Don't think I've ever heard that word before, and I'm the sort of person who knows what a group of foxes is called. Thank you! :)

You're welcome.I'm pretty sure that term is only used in the rural South.
Curtail is an interesting word becuse its origins are based on a tax on the length of dogs tails.The peasants who were poor,but not stupid begin to bob their dogs( curs) tails to avoid the tax.I have a Catahoula Leopard Cur and discovered the orgin of the word when doing research on the breed.