Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASNerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2017, 9:23 am

I'm taking keppra. It's an anti-epileptic medication. I've been taking it for years, but I became depressed and lowered the dose. But that was before I got diagnosed as autistic. I've been less depressed since then, but we just upped the dose. I'm not as depressed as before, but I'm more irritable and I no longer feel like there's something to look forward to. I have no friends to hang out with. My job sucks. Does it just sound like things aren't going great or does it sound like the medication is making me sad? Has anyone ever had this with keppra?

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 2:10 am

Voice your concerns to whoever has prescribed the medication, if affects the brain chemicals but the issue is dissecting the reasons. I would always take the cautious route, write down what you have explained here and take it to the appointment. Mood fluctuations occur, we're all barraged and diving through our mind each day but having mood changes whilst on mind altering drugs is cause for concern due to the fact you are constantly under the influence of the drug and always need to be measuring its value and impact, it is important that you go to see your doctor.