Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

My friend asked me if I wanted to go to a certain block party in our city tonight. It's in the artistic/outcast community where I live (which is what I am). I am an artist aswell as an outcast. I enjoy that neighborhood. But I can't bring myself to go to the blockparty yet. It's just...too many people. Especially if we go during the daylight at all. I hate being in the daylight around tons of people it's too much distraction. Too much noise. Have a hard time actually listening to people when they talk cause there's so much going on.

Things I can't not think about:
1. Anxious uncomfortable feeling.
2. Not enough money to go and even buy a drink right now.
3. Not enough weed to take with me and share with my friend or smoke if I get a stomach ache.
4. The impending doom of me getting caught up in a silent storm. Cause that always seems to happen when I go to things like festivals or bars. I hate it. The only way it doesn't happen is if I drink before I get to the place and like I said I don't have money for drinks right now.
5. People thinking I look out of place cause that always happens. People who don't really know me have told my friends I look like I'm from outside of the matrix but you know, in it.
6. Not eating enough before leaving the house and getting even more anxious because of that. I cannot enjoy myself if I can feel my stomach being hungry. Neither I nor my friend have enough money to go and buy something to eat while we're there.

I also think about how many people are there who don't do anything creative with their time really. They're just their to party and consume drugs and it kind of annoys me. Are people just there cause they want to go to every single event in their town? Or is it cause they are really attached to the creativity of the place? When I go to art festivals and such I feel like I need to be painting there. I don't feel like I should just go for the sake of going. But that's where the whole "going to have human connection" thing comes in and well...we all know how hard that can be.

I wish I could become motivated about pursuing human connection. But unfortunately it needs to be specific and interest focused otherwise my mind goes blank.

I want to go because I don't want to deal with this anxiety anymore but any time I do try going to one of these events that's not specific genre I end up wanting to leave cause I can't focus on the event itself. Or the human connection.

I also worry that my friend will give up and stop inviting me to things. I've been going out more but it's always in the back of my mind.

http://bit.ly/1L29X77

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 4:16 pm

I can relate to what you posted. Even though I'm not old enough to go to a party yet, every time somebody invites me to do something I always say 'maybe' and later decline because the thought of going is just so overwhelming. I like being around people, but for some reason I despise seeing them in an unstructured or overwhelming situation. I'm going through the same thing as you right now in regards to socializing and going to events. I want to see people, but at the same time I'd rather stay home and watch Stampy Cat :D . I do love seeing people in structured situations though- maybe you could try meeting someone with a clear purpose in mind? (like, for a specific thing or activity)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 4:22 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I can relate to what you posted. Even though I'm not old enough to go to a party yet, every time somebody invites me to do something I always say 'maybe' and later decline because the thought of going is just so overwhelming. I like being around people, but for some reason I despise seeing them in an unstructured or overwhelming situation. I'm going through the same thing as you right now in regards to socializing and going to events. I want to see people, but at the same time I'd rather stay home and watch Stampy Cat :D . I do love seeing people in structured situations though- maybe you could try meeting someone with a clear purpose in mind? (like, for a specific thing or activity)

Yeah, I keep telling myself that I will go to an interest oriented event/gathering and make some new friends but then I never do. The only things I go to SOMETIMES are at a certain bar that is gothic inside and they play gothic music on certain nights and I'm happy with that. But I feel like it's not enough. I'm alone in my room most of the time and I'm well aware with how "out of touch with reality" that puts me. People can always tell. :skull: :skull: :skull:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yeah, I keep telling myself that I will go to an interest oriented event/gathering and make some new friends but then I never do. The only things I go to SOMETIMES are at a certain bar that is gothic inside and they play gothic music on certain nights and I'm happy with that. But I feel like it's not enough. I'm alone in my room most of the time and I'm well aware with how "out of touch with reality" that puts me. People can always tell. :skull: :skull: :skull:

Yup, it's pretty hard. In my experience, I just have to push myself to do stuff otherwise I'll never do it. Are you happy with the amount you socialize?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 4:36 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yup, it's pretty hard. In my experience, I just have to push myself to do stuff otherwise I'll never do it. Are you happy with the amount you socialize?

I'm not sure. I feel content to sit in my room at some times but then other times I feel like I'm going to explode but I don't know what I need and I think that's when I need human reaction or something. Like, when it gets to the point where I've been alone for too long. But I usually force myself to press through it and then stay alone.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 4:47 pm

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I'm not sure. I feel content to sit in my room at some times but then other times I feel like I'm going to explode but I don't know what I need and I think that's when I need human reaction or something. Like, when it gets to the point where I've been alone for too long. But I usually force myself to press through it and then stay alone.

I get what you mean. Is there any specific people you enjoy being around? Do you have any relatives or good friends you could see regularly?

Seff
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2017, 5:00 pm

When I used to go out to parties I always found I'd stick close to anyone I knew and kind of butt-in occasionally on their conversation, or very rarely, I might find someone I could talk to.

It would always be in the smaller group possible at the party.

I also used to use drugs / alcohol if I got into social difficulties or said something out of line - 'too stoned' if I was slow and unresponsive or 'too drunk' if I'd offended someone or let too much of my dark humour out :twisted:

So I'd suggest going out more and trying to enjoy yourself - if there's one thing I've learned in this life is that all most people you meet in passing care about is having a good time, why should you be any different.

It might be worth it even if you connect with one person.

I think one thing that bothers me most at parties is how long does a conversation have to be? I always feel rude being the one to walk away and end the conversation, yet I notice everyone else is fine with a few sentences, then they'll move on to talk to someone else.

Much too stressful and tiring for me that :roll:

Your neurodiverse score: 177 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 34 of 200

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I get what you mean. Is there any specific people you enjoy being around? Do you have any relatives or good friends you could see regularly?

I have a couple friends. Recently started to get to know a group of people who already have known eachother. It's awkward. They don't invite me to things and I don't know how to ask if I can come or even if I actually want to go? Or am I just trying to prove something to myself?

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2017, 5:06 pm

Seff wrote:
When I used to go out to parties I always found I'd stick close to anyone I knew and kind of butt-in occasionally on their conversation, or very rarely, I might find someone I could talk to.

I do that too. Then I start getting anxious wondering if people are noticing.

Seff wrote:
..if there's one thing I've learned in this life is that all most people you meet in passing care about is having a good time, why should you be any different.

I don't know. I just know that I am and I wish it was not so.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I have a couple friends. Recently started to get to know a group of people who already have known eachother. It's awkward. They don't invite me to things and I don't know how to ask if I can come or even if I actually want to go? Or am I just trying to prove something to myself?

I would push yourself a little more. That's what helps me. I tell myself, "Even if this event goes bad, it's still good for me to get out of the house." I know how awkward it can be, but what if the event ends up being good? Good luck! :D

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I would push yourself a little more. That's what helps me. I tell myself, "Even if this event goes bad, it's still good for me to get out of the house." I know how awkward it can be, but what if the event ends up being good? Good luck! :D

I find the hardest part of all of this is to deal with the physical reactions going on inside my body. I can feel them all.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 2:16 pm

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I find the hardest part of all of this is to deal with the physical reactions going on inside my body. I can feel them all.

That's pretty hard to deal with. What sort of physical reactions do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2017, 3:51 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
That's pretty hard to deal with. What sort of physical reactions do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

If I eat my stomach will hurt and I will get a weird feeling in my solar plexus.
When I get nervous I have auditory processing issues.
Tingling feet.
Shakey/tingling hands.
Back pain.
Feeling like I'm going to pass out.
Dry mouth when eating with new people.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

If I eat my stomach will hurt and I will get a weird feeling in my solar plexus.
Tingling feet.
Shakey/tingling hands.
Back pain.

It sounds like you have some social anxiety based on the physical sensations you experience (although not necessarily the disorder). Have you ever gotten help for anxiety before? I do, and it helps at least slightly (I have OCD).

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2017, 7:55 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Tingling feet.
Shakey/tingling hands.
Back pain.

It sounds like you have some social anxiety based on the physical sensations you experience (although not necessarily the disorder). Have you ever gotten help for anxiety before? I do, and it helps at least slightly (I have OCD).

I haven't gone to a healthcare professional or anything for my anxiety. I've known I've had it for along time. Since middle school. The most help I get is looking things up on the internet and places like this forum.

I think I have a gluten allergy also. Yesterday when I was going to leave I ate about 30mins before my friend came to get me and my stomach was just tearing me apart and adding to my anxiety. Just now I ate a hamburger with bread bun and I feel tired and my stomach hurts.

I've been eating pasta every day for a long time.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ritualdrama wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Tingling feet.
Shakey/tingling hands.
Back pain.

I haven't gone to a healthcare professional or anything for my anxiety. I've known I've had it for along time. Since middle school. The most help I get is looking things up on the internet and places like this forum.

I think I have a gluten allergy also. Yesterday when I was going to leave I ate about 30mins before my friend came to get me and my stomach was just tearing me apart and adding to my anxiety. Just now I ate a hamburger with bread bun and I feel tired and my stomach hurts.

I've been eating pasta every day for a long time.

You may want to get your physical health checked. Some people who have anxiety actually have a physical condition causing the anxiety. I am just recommending this because I don't want you to end up sick when this is something you could have prevented.