Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 6:20 pm

Ambassador roles for Colin and Adam

Quote:
Two young entrepreneurs from Wicklow had plenty of cause for celebration this week when they landed the keys to brand new, taxed and insured cars after becoming Nissan Generation Next ambassadors.
Adam Harris (22) from Greystones and Colin Keogh (28) from Bray fended off competition from over 1,000 applicants to secure two of the eleven places that were up for grabs on the prestigious ambassador programme, which helps people to get ahead with the backing and support of Nissan. Their success follows a three week public vote where over 100,000 online votes were cast for 20 finalists. The Wicklow duo ran energetic campaigns, receiving huge support from family, friends and supporters across the county.

Adam is the founder and CEO of AsIAm.ie, an organisation working to build an Ireland where every person with Autism can 'live and succeed as they are'.
Adam founded AsIAm.ie based on his own experience of living with Aspergers Syndrome, a condition on the Autism Spectrum.

AsIAm.ie provides a central online hub for the Autism community which aims to inform and empower those affected by the condition, their families and supporters. Through online engagement with users, AsIAm creates training programmes and campaigns to engage various aspects of Irish life to understand Autism better and to become more Autism friendly.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman