Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:27 am

Minnesota governor calls mosque bombing 'act of terrorism'

Quote:
Early Saturday, an explosive device shattered windows and damaged an office at the mosque, which primarily serves people from the area's large Somali community.

I hope the bomber was not autistic reacting to the anti vaxx movement caused measles epidemic.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 1:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:
Early Saturday, an explosive device shattered windows and damaged an office at the mosque, which primarily serves people from the area's large Somali community.

I hope the bomber was not autistic reacting to the anti vaxx movement caused measles epidemic.

Nah. It was probably just a garden-variety Trumper.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:48 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Nah. It was probably just a garden-variety Trumper.

Plenty of those
http://shutracism.com/2016/07/04/new-po ... re-racist/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:51 pm

Looks like muslims aren't the only ones not feeling safe in the USA
http://shutracism.com/2017/08/05/racism ... -avoid-it/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 2:13 am

Device in mosque bombing showed "more sophistication" than expected, officials say

Quote:
A U.S. official tells CBS News the explosive was a pipe-bomb type device.

Officials say the device showed "more sophistication" than expected. The FBI was called in and is taking the lead role in the investigation.

The station also reports there's been an outpouring of support for the mosque. People of all faiths condemned the explosion, and a number of residents showed their support with signs outside the mosque.

The center's executive director says he'll do whatever he can to help the investigation.

A solidarity event will be held on Tuesday for those affected by the explosion.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm

A Top Trump Adviser Says The Minnesota Mosque Bombing May Be A "Fake Hate Crime"

Quote:
President Trump has not issued a statement — via Twitter or the White House press office — since the attack at Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center took place.

On MSNBC, Sebastian Gorka, a top national security adviser to the president, said the president won't speak out about the bombing until "local authorities provide their assessment." (Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has called the bombing "a criminal act of terrorism." The local police handed the investigation to the FBI.)

"When we have some kind of finalized investigation, absolutely — so, you know, there's a great rule, all initial reports are false, you have to check them and you have to find out who the perpetrators are," Gorka said in response to a question about whether the White House will address the bombing.

"We've had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right wing individuals in the last six months that turned out to actually have been propagated by the left," he said. "So let's wait and see and allow local authorities to provide their assessment. And then the White House will make its comments."

Asked why the president responded to the London terrorist attack in June immediately but has not addressed the bombing in Minnesota, Gorka said there have been "fake hate crimes," and so the White House is not responding to the attack.

"The question of who does it is a question. When you've had people, fake hate crimes in the last six months with some regularity I think it's wise, don't you, to find out what exactly is going on before you make statements when in fact they could turn out to be not who you are expecting," Gorka said.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 7:04 am

I think the level of violence against American civilians in Muslim countries, has been far greater than anything Muslims have experienced in the US. No one here is chopping off peoples heads on live TV.

The answer to that I'm sure is, that was only done by extremists.

Whereas anything done in the US is done by anyone who voted for Trump.

Liberals are in favor of outright calling half the voters in the United States terrorist.

While if someone refers to a Muslim as a terrorist, they s**t their pants and cry their eyes out.

Last edited by EzraS on 09 Aug 2017, 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 7:16 am

EzraS wrote:
I think the level of violence against American civilians in Muslim countries, has been far greater than anything Muslims have experienced in the US. No one here is chopping off peoples heads off on live TV.

What if a Neo-Nazi chopped off a Muslim's head?

It wouldn't even make the news.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I think the level of violence against American civilians in Muslim countries, has been far greater than anything Muslims have experienced in the US. No one here is chopping off peoples heads off on live TV.

That's complete BS. If an American so much as calls a Muslim a name it's viewed as a huge hate crime by the media and makes headlines.

And frankly I'm getting tired of the Canadian and the Australian constantly calling half of America nazis.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:35 am

EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That's complete BS. If an American so much as calls a Muslim a name it's viewed as a huge hate crime by the media and makes headlines.

And frankly I'm getting tired of the Canadian and the Australian constantly calling half of America nazis.

You are the one who has it around backwards.

Barack Obama killed tons of Middle Eastern people during his presidency. Despite this, "liberals" generally think that he was a peace-loving leader. Conservatives generally claim that he wasn't violent enough.

https://redice.tv/news/chomsky-bush-kidnapped-and-tortured-obama-murders

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 10:13 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You are the one who has it around backwards.

Barack Obama killed tons of Middle Eastern people during his presidency. Despite this, "liberals" generally think that he was a peace-loving leader. Conservatives generally claim that he wasn't violent enough.

https://redice.tv/news/chomsky-bush-kidnapped-and-tortured-obama-murders

So first it's only Trump and Trump voters. Now it's Obama and you've taken it from violence aginst Muslim civilians in America (and vice versa on my part) to prisoners of war at Guantanamo. If I'm following your derail correctly.

If you want to talk about how Americans treat Muslim civilians in America and how Muslims treat American civilians in Muslim countries, that's fine.

If you want to start adding other issues into it and twist things around, I'll leave it to someone else to go through those factors with you.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

EzraS wrote:

I think it's unfair to compare white Americans to Nazis. Probably more appropriate to compare white American with apartheid South Africa, both societies shared a fear of social contact with non-whites

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 4:24 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

There is a difference. Racist white folks are innocent until proven guilty. Blacks and muslims are guilty until proven innocent. Or at least that's the logic of the pro-Trump camp...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

There is a difference. Racist white folks are innocent until proven guilty. Blacks and muslims are guilty until proven innocent. Or at least that's the logic of the pro-Trump camp...

I think you are purposely trying to be inflammatory.

I could troll the likewise of course:

Is Australia Racist? SBS documentary makes for uncomfortable viewing

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... le-viewing

Australia's Treatment of Aboriginal People is Its Dirty Secret

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/asi ... ret-23030/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:27 pm

Sure does sound like a terrorist attack.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
I think the level of violence against American civilians in Muslim countries, has been far greater than anything Muslims have experienced in the US. No one here is chopping off peoples heads on live TV.

The answer to that I'm sure is, that was only done by extremists.

Whereas anything done in the US is done by anyone who voted for Trump.

Liberals are in favor of outright calling half the voters in the United States terrorist.

While if someone refers to a Muslim as a terrorist, they s**t their pants and cry their eyes out.

Then there are all the liberals who know muslims and non-muslims can be terrorist and don't think half the voters in the U.S are terrorists.