Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Etranger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

Hi everyone.

I was recently diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder after getting a neuropsychological evaluation. Making the appointment was a difficult decision, particularly since a majority of the people I shared my concerns with were quick to reassure me that I'm "just very intelligent and shy", and/or nothing like autistic people that they've known.

While I was trying to identify areas that I've struggled in and doing research, this site kept coming up and the writings of the community here resonated a great deal with me. It was probably the push I needed to follow through with the evaluation.

So, I just thought I'd introduce myself before I started chiming in.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm

Welcome to WP! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

adriantesq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2017, 7:53 am

Hiya Etranger - I was diagnosed savant at 3½, autistic at 5½, psychopathic at 15½, and aspie at 49½ and have never looked back, except when I retired, to write my memoirs of life with savantism, autism. psychopathy, and aspergia - the best white knuckle ride on the planet

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 4:21 am

Welcome to the forums!

And I think that's typical. I've been told so many times that I have no problems and I'm just lazy, dramatic, negative, etc.