Bible Belt treatment of women: Why do some put up with it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:12 pm

I don't remember if you drive---but maybe you could take a bus to Austin.

I've been there. It's not like most of the rest of Texas at all. It's pretty liberal. And it's a university town. Yet it has excellent barbecue!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:36 pm

I do indeed drive a car.

Rednecks hate Austin because they are upset they can't get away with their stupidity there and the bars are punk bars instead of country music dive bars.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 1:04 pm

Geez, this is reason enough why the south is legit the feces filled cesspool of the US for the most part.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:48 pm

They're raised with it. It's what they're taught; it's the majority of what they see.

If they go to church, they're taught it's the Will of the Lord.

If it's what you're taught and the majority of what you see, it's your reality. It's the devil you know.

If you're taught it's the Will of God, well, then you feel bad for pushing back against it.

And that's how it is.

Don't turn yourself into a jerk to get a girl. Hold out for a girl who's not looking for a jerk. We DO exist.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

green0star wrote:
Geez, this is reason enough why the south is legit the feces filled cesspool of the US for the most part.

I need a "I survived the South" t shirt lol

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
They're raised with it. It's what they're taught; it's the majority of what they see.

If they go to church, they're taught it's the Will of the Lord.

If it's what you're taught and the majority of what you see, it's your reality. It's the devil you know.

If you're taught it's the Will of God, well, then you feel bad for pushing back against it.

And that's how it is.

Don't turn yourself into a jerk to get a girl. Hold out for a girl who's not looking for a jerk. We DO exist.

I just wonder if any will ever notice me. I am almost 30 years so surely girls who don't go for jerks would notice me but they don't. :( I sometimes get told girls are asking guys out more but they keep overlooking me. :cry:

I sometimes fear that I'll be in my 50's before I can even get a date. Geriatric women have actually expressed more attraction to me than younger women have. I just couldn't date someone in their 70's. We wouldn't have anything in common.