Page 54 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 62  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:41 am

I just read, further! I have the iPhone SE, as well! I’ve had mine for approx 9 months, now. I chose it, initially, for it’s size, as I wouldn’t want a large phone (although, I know there are benefits of having a large phone, depending on one’s needs), and I have found several of it’s features to be extremely useful to me. I have also, downloaded some useful apps, to my phone. Some of which, have helped me with anxiety and sensory difficulties I can experience, via my work environment. There is a very good app, I can tell you about, for clearing your head, periodically, throughout the day, if you find the need. I have downloaded some very good podcasts, as well. One of my most used apps is Accuradio. My Dad turned me onto it. It strems music and you can add channels to a favorites list. I thought I’d mention it, since we both utilize music, to take us out of our heads and calm us. : )

I hope you enjoy it, very much, and, use it in good heath!

:mrgreen:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Britte wrote:
*~HaPpY BiRtHdAy~* to you, Stampy!

I’m sorry I’m late with my birthday wish. I hope you enjoyed your special day! And you continue to enjoy, throughout the week! I am behind in reading, here. And, Ive only managed to get a few words in, here and there, in the games. Will have to catch up, here, and hope to see you in the games, as soon as possible.

Sending a birthday hug, your way!

Love,
Britte

:cherry: :cherry: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Thank you! It's okay- you don't have to be sorry at all :mrgreen: ! I had a pretty nice birthday, and I will be in the games shortly!

Love,
StampySquiddyFan

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 3:58 pm

Britte wrote:
I just read, further! I have the iPhone SE, as well! I’ve had mine for approx 9 months, now. I chose it, initially, for it’s size, as I wouldn’t want a large phone (although, I know there are benefits of having a large phone, depending on one’s needs), and I have found several of it’s features to be extremely useful to me. I have also, downloaded some useful apps, to my phone. Some of which, have helped me with anxiety and sensory difficulties I can experience, via my work environment. There is a very good app, I can tell you about, for clearing your head, periodically, throughout the day, if you find the need. I have downloaded some very good podcasts, as well. One of my most used apps is Accuradio. My Dad turned me onto it. It strems music and you can add channels to a favorites list. I thought I’d mention it, since we both utilize music, to take us out of our heads and calm us. : )

That's awesome! I would love to hear more about the apps! I love music too, and that sounds like a great app! I hereby promise I won't misuse my phone (I am not sure how I would really, but my mom said I am not supposed to misuse it :mrgreen: )! I couldn't believe I got a phone, since I never asked for one, but I am now glad I have it since I can use it to help me like you do! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:

That's awesome! I would love to hear more about the apps! I love music too, and that sounds like a great app! I hereby promise I won't misuse my phone (I am not sure how I would really, but my mom said I am not supposed to misuse it :mrgreen: )! I couldn't believe I got a phone, since I never asked for one, but I am now glad I have it since I can use it to help me like you do! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

Thank you, SSF! So nice to hear that you had a nice birthday! I didn't make it to the games until about 7:00 PM, and only had time to play for a few minutes, but, hope to catch up with you, there, very soon.

My sincere, apologies. I deleted my last two replies. I will, certainly, be looking forward to conversing with you, further, about the apps and features I have made good use of, that perhaps, you will find to be useful, as well!).

I hope you have been continuing to enjoy your Birthday. I would love to hear about your party. : ))

I hope to see you, soon, SSF, :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

~Britte

Last edited by Britte on 06 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Hi, again, SSF. I am struggling a bit with anxiety, at the present time, and, I know from past experience, when this occurs, I may need time away, so, in case this were to happen, I thought I would, at least leave you with the following app information. Upon my return, perhaps we can converse about others, or, perhaps, you will have discovered a few, as well. I will be interested to know.

I get a the most use out of an app called: Headspace. I utilize it for both, meditation, and to remind myself of the reasons I can become anxious, and how to both, prevent and recover from some of my anxieties. I use this app while I am at work. You can utilize it, at school, if need be. There are some meditations of which, only take a matter of seconds and minutes. Of course, others that take more time, but, you will discover various possibilities. The creator of this, is also on Youtube, and he addresses GAD, SAD and more. There are some excellent, preventative measures this app, provides. You will find it for free, in the app store, on your iPhone. Here is Logo:

The following is the logo for the Accuradio App in the app store:

I have been getting a lot of use out of an app called: Duolingo, which I am utilizing to reacquaint myself with the Spanish language. You can learn various languages, via this app. I think you may have mentioned that you are learning French, in school, so, you may not (or may) find this app of use, to you, currently. This is the link to the website: https://www.duolingo.com/

Here is the Logo for the app:

There is another app that's pretty good, called: On The Verge, although, I find Headspace to be my preference with sorting through anxiety, and it is sweet. And the Headspace creator's voice is kind and relaxing, not to mention, he has a lovely, English accent, which is preferable to me, for some reason:

Anyway, here is the On The Verge app logo:

The reason I posted photos, is because, I have found that some apps have very similar names, so, if you are a visual person, you can use the app logos to your advantage. ~Enjoy these for now. More to follow, in the near future.

~Love, Britte

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm

Britte wrote:

I get a the most use out of an app called: Headspace. I utilize it for both, meditation, and to remind myself of the reasons I can become anxious, and how to both, prevent and recover from some of my anxieties. I use this app while I am at work. You can utilize it, at school, if need be. There are some meditations of which, only take a matter of seconds and minutes. Of course, others that take more time, but, you will discover various possibilities. The creator of this, is also on Youtube, and he addresses GAD, SAD and more. There are some excellent, preventative measures this app, provides. You will find it for free, in the app store, on your iPhone. Here is Logo:

The following is the logo for the Accuradio App in the app store:

I have been getting a lot of use out of an app called: Duolingo, which I am utilizing to reacquaint myself with the Spanish language. You can learn various languages, via this app. I think you may have mentioned that you are learning French, in school, so, you may not (or may) find this app of use, to you, currently. This is the link to the website: https://www.duolingo.com/

Here is the Logo for the app:

There is another app that's pretty good, called: On The Verge, although, I find Headspace to be my preference with sorting through anxiety, and it is sweet. And the Headspace creator's voice is kind and relaxing, not to mention, he has a lovely, English accent, which is preferable to me, for some reason:

Anyway, here is the On The Verge app logo:

The reason I posted photos, is because, I have found that some apps have very similar names, so, if you are a visual person, you can use the app logos to your advantage. ~Enjoy these for now. More to follow, in the near future.

~Love, Britte

I just wanted to add to Britte's post that I use the Headspace app ( not as much as I should ) and found it very useful at difficult times , I sometimes use it to help me sleep ( to try and quiet my mind ) and sometimes it works , I don't think I'll ever be able to fully quiet my mind at bed time but this has been the best thing to help.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Hi Ferris. : ) Good to hear that you have found Headspace to be of help to you, as well. : ))

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:54 pm

Britte wrote:
Hi Ferris. : ) Good to hear that you have found Headspace to be of help to you, as well. : ))

I was recommended it after my first ever mindfulness session and it has had some benefits. : )

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 4:14 pm

That sounds like a great app! I will need to check it out sometime. I’m sorry I haven’t been around here for a while, but I will hopefully be able to check in at least once in a while :mrgreen: ! !

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

I’m sorry guys! Did I do something that offended you? :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:39 pm

No, you haven't offended anybody.

You just haven't been coming around----and it's your thread.

Without you, there would be no thread.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm

Yeah, I understand. It’s just super hard to post nowadays because I have no free time. Almost all of my time is spent on school, and any time I have left over is basically spent sleeping or playing my instrument :D .

How are you doing?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

I'm doing all right.

I bet you got an excellent report card for your first marking period.

How are your music clubs doing?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm doing all right.

I bet you got an excellent report card for your first marking period.

How are your music clubs doing?

I’m doing “okay” in school. I have a 92 in Math, a 97 in Science, a 97 in English, an 87 in Art :lol: , a 99 in gym, a 100 in health, a 101 in German, and a 95 in Social Studies. It could be better, but oh well! My grades will probably drop a lot after our last tests are put in. I did better last year!

I am actually playing a solo at our next concert for senior citizens, so that is pretty cool :D . My music groups are going pretty well.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:56 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

You have youth on your side , I find this offensive coz I'm an old git :lol:

You haven't actually offended me if you want clarification. :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

You have youth on your side , I find this offensive coz I'm an old git :lol:

You haven't actually offended me if you want clarification. :D

Yay! You can come to the Senior Citizens performance if you want, since you are getting old :wink: It’s at the local nursing home, so just take a trip overseas :lol: !

Great! I wish I could reassure myself when I think I have offended people, but that isn’t going to happen :D !