Page 14 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I'm not okay! I am terrified of schizophrenia! I really hope I don't have it :cry:

I'm no psychiatrist but you have very similar symptoms to me and is has been my worst fear for decades. Consequently I have had at least 3 different psychiatrist tell me in no uncertain terms that I do not have schizophrenia but never told me exactly what was wrong with me. I have been locked up on pysch wards full of schizophrenics and I've felt like the sanest person in there ( it's not the right place for me ) , I am nothing like any schizophrenic I have met and I have met lots although I felt a lot of empathy for them.

You're not schizophrenic and you're not allowed to say you could be because if you're schizophrenic, then I'm schizophrenic because we are practically the same person.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:58 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

To me it sounds like what you are going through is s.

If you know all the facts it doesn't.

Since I am missing facts, I would be more than happy for you to fill me in!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:59 pm

Stampy: You would really get a kick out of reading a book known as "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:00 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Wow, what a great match! Do I have schizophrenia? AquaineBay said I did, but he doesn't know what Schiz OCD is- right?! !?

AquaineBay is basing his opinion on what he knows , do you think he has a good knowledge of psychiatric illnesses?

............no :?

You are starting to wind yourself up now and it's not helping you , go and talk to your mum.
I share everything with my GF and she's really helpful when I'm work myself up into a Tiz.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If the therapist thought you had schizophrenia, he/she would have referred you to a psychiatrist, so you can get a prescription for psychotropic medication.

Yeah. I have told him everything except this weird paranoia I have now, and he is a qualified professional who refuses to believe I'm insane because he has experience with schizophrenics and he knows I'm not like that.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:21 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

You're not schizophrenic and you're not allowed to say you could be because if you're schizophrenic, then I'm schizophrenic because we are practically the same person.

Your much brighter than I was at your age and have far more potential than I ever did but it's deal I am not a schizophrenic :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:23 pm

Stampy's really a very bright girl (LOL....almost too bright for her own good :wink: )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Stampy's really a very bright girl (LOL....almost too bright for her own good :wink: )

You've hit nail on the head there dude IMO

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Your much brighter than I was at your age and have far more potential than I ever did but it's deal I am not a schizophrenic :D

Yay! Everyone- Ferris doesn't have schizophrenia! :D

I don't know what this potential/brightness you are talking about is, however :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

You know what, now that I think about it, I myself have had strange voices talking to me and my mother has too and we're not schizophrenic! So it probably is OCD(which me and my mother both have!) so you know what just forget what I said! By the way Stampy sorry if I terrified you, didn't mean to...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Thank you! If I am actually bright, then it all must manifest as worries because I don't see any of that brightness helping me in other areas :D (like school).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:56 pm

Ferris is saying that you are more intelligent and more knowledgeable than he was when he was 13.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:58 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
You know what, now that I think about it, I myself have had strange voices talking to me and my mother has too and we're not schizophrenic! So it probably is OCD(which me and my mother both have!) so you know what just forget what I said! By the way Stampy sorry if I terrified you, didn't mean to...

That's ok :D . OCD can manifest in pretty disturbing ways sometimes, so it can look like psychosis to the untrained professional (although I am quite concerned that it is actually psychosis right now :( ). Hopefully that's just OCD too :D .

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Ferris is saying that you are more intelligent and more knowledgeable than he was when he was 13.

I wouldn't go that far- I just have more access to the Internet than he did lol!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

I'm telling you, Stampy....you've got to read Catch-22! LOL

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

although I am quite concerned that it is actually psychosis right now

You know perfectly well that psychosis involves lack of insight and self-awareness , your are just doubting your insight which in itself rules out psychosis IMO