Page 50 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 62  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 8:21 pm

DataB4 wrote:
No, not quite the same effect. It's more of a release of energy and a sense of accomplishment.

Ah, I see. : ))

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 8:23 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Stampy, I get that you feel really misunderstood right now and it's so frustrating! Sometimes when I feel misunderstood, it helps me to remember that the people in my life usually mean well. It doesn't help me that much though. Sometimes, bursts of rigorous or fast aerobic exercise also help me discharge some of what I'm feeling. Do you use these tools too?

Don't forget my earlier reply to you. I mention it again now because it deals with your therapist's comments.

I hope your headache improves. Does anything help the headache, or is it one of those really stubborn ones?

It is very frustrating! I am trying my hardest, but I still get yelled at! Of course they mean well, but I am quite annoyed with my therapist especially right now. I sometimes want to just shout at them and tell them that they wouldn't last 10 seconds in my head! I hate being yelled at about something I can't control.

I do exercise at least 2-3 times during the weekdays (which isn't a lot, I know). I have been so successful using certain tools from CBT, but the issue I have is with certain tools and the fact I get very minimal support and I am basically just told to suck it up. Sorry I can't automatically suck up my constant, disabling OCD and depression :roll: . I wish my mom and therapist would understand that!

My headache isn't really that painful, thankfully, but it is constant. To be fair, I haven't tried much to make it go away.

Do you think I have bipolar disorder?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 8:27 pm

Of course you can send me a PM Britte :mrgreen: ! Of course, not all of this is my age, since my mom even says the only real "teenage" behavior I have is talking back to my dad sometimes, but again, that is due to anxiety for me. I'm sure your ideas will help me though, so I will be glad if you message me!

I'm so glad you had a productive session! Feel free to talk about anything you want here. I really should stop complaining so much! :mrgreen:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

No Stampy, I don't think you have bipolar disorder. From what you've posted, you haven't shown the extreme highs and lows that characterize bipolar disorder. You also explained some of these new feelings as variations of conditions you already know you have. No other disorder is necessary for you to cope with your symptoms.

My childhood was filled with incidents of being yelled at for things I couldn't control. It was a horrible feeling. I learned a lot over time, and it hasn't been easy.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
Stampy, I get that you feel really misunderstood right now and it's so frustrating! Sometimes when I feel misunderstood, it helps me to remember that the people in my life usually mean well. It doesn't help me that much though. Sometimes, bursts of rigorous or fast aerobic exercise also help me discharge some of what I'm feeling. Do you use these tools too?

Don't forget my earlier reply to you. I mention it again now because it deals with your therapist's comments.

I hope your headache improves. Does anything help the headache, or is it one of those really stubborn ones?

It is very frustrating! I am trying my hardest, but I still get yelled at! Of course they mean well, but I am quite annoyed with my therapist especially right now. I sometimes want to just shout at them and tell them that they wouldn't last 10 seconds in my head! I hate being yelled at about something I can't control.

I do exercise at least 2-3 times during the weekdays (which isn't a lot, I know). I have been so successful using certain tools from CBT, but the issue I have is with certain tools and the fact I get very minimal support and I am basically just told to suck it up. Sorry I can't automatically suck up my constant, disabling OCD and depression :roll: . I wish my mom and therapist would understand that!

My headache isn't really that painful, thankfully, but it is constant. To be fair, I haven't tried much to make it go away.

I know what you mean about people telling you to suck it up. That's how I feel every single time someone tells me "you just got to try and get out more!" when I ask them about making friends. Okay! My anxiety is nothing, nor my sensory issues or the fact that I have trouble communicating with people, that's all a load of crap, I'll go do that right now! (Sarcasm)

I have had headaches recently as well, don't know why though, it was just like yours not painful but just constantly there. I highly doubt you have bipolar disorder, I have depression and my mood tends to go up and down as well.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 2:40 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Of course you can send me a PM Britte :mrgreen: ! Of course, not all of this is my age, since my mom even says the only real "teenage" behavior I have is talking back to my dad sometimes, but again, that is due to anxiety for me. I'm sure your ideas will help me though, so I will be glad if you message me!

I'm so glad you had a productive session! Feel free to talk about anything you want here. I really should stop complaining so much! :mrgreen:

Thank you! No need to think of expressing yourself/your issues at hand, as complaining. I, for one, do not interpret it as such. I, rather, admire your ability to express yourself, so freely. To clarify, I don't consider your age to be of relevance, necessarily, but, rather, some experiences that come into play at a particular time in life, and I thought I might share that aspect of myself, with you, in case it could be of benefit, or contribute to your plight, in some way.

I will return, in the next day or two, as I've just arrived home, and, would be completely ineffective, if I were to write to you, at this time. Perhaps, I should mention that if I weren't around, and you felt a need, you would be welcome to reach out to me, at any time. I suppose I should go activate the email notification setting, for PMs, at this time.

I hope all of you are sleeping well and having pleasant dreams.

~~~Goodnight~~~><))'> x

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:20 pm

DataB4 wrote:
No Stampy, I don't think you have bipolar disorder. From what you've posted, you haven't shown the extreme highs and lows that characterize bipolar disorder. You also explained some of these new feelings as variations of conditions you already know you have. No other disorder is necessary for you to cope with your symptoms.

My childhood was filled with incidents of being yelled at for things I couldn't control. It was a horrible feeling. I learned a lot over time, and it hasn't been easy.

Thanks Data :D . My symptoms that I had were very minimal today, which is great! The only problem is in health class, my friend said I looked happier. That worried me since I have been depressed for a while. It could very well just be variations of other disorders I actually have, and I am probably (hopefully) stressing about nothing!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I know that feeling, and it is horrible. Have a virtual hug! I hate being yelled at, much less for something my stupid brain does and I have no control over it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:27 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
DataB4 wrote:

I know what you mean about people telling you to suck it up. That's how I feel every single time someone tells me "you just got to try and get out more!" when I ask them about making friends. Okay! My anxiety is nothing, nor my sensory issues or the fact that I have trouble communicating with people, that's all a load of crap, I'll go do that right now! (Sarcasm)

I have had headaches recently as well, don't know why though, it was just like yours not painful but just constantly there. I highly doubt you have bipolar disorder, I have depression and my mood tends to go up and down as well.

I hate that as well! Being told to suck it up is very annoying because I wish I could suck up my anxiety/OCD/depression/lack of social ability/sensory processing issues, but that is impossible unless you want to go and "rewire" my entire mind!

My mom says the headache may be caused by the weather changes. It seems like a pretty plausible idea, especially with all these hurricanes our country has been having! She had the same headache as well. How are you, by the way? Did you get through Harvey okay? I really hope you didn't get hit badly!

Thanks! You'll notice a pattern with me when I post here- one week I'll convince myself I have one disorder because I "show symptoms," and then the next week all my "symptoms" of one disorder will magically go away and I will worry about another disorder! That's hypochondria for you :wink: ! I'd like to thank you for replying as well- your post really helped me! :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:33 pm

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you! No need to think of expressing yourself/your issues at hand, as complaining. I, for one, do not interpret it as such. I, rather, admire your ability to express yourself, so freely. To clarify, I don't consider your age to be of relevance, necessarily, but, rather, some experiences that come into play at a particular time in life, and I thought I might share that aspect of myself, with you, in case it could be of benefit, or contribute to your plight, in some way.

I will return, in the next day or two, as I've just arrived home, and, would be completely ineffective, if I were to write to you, at this time. Perhaps, I should mention that if I weren't around, and you felt a need, you would be welcome to reach out to me, at any time. I suppose I should go activate the email notification setting, for PMs, at this time.

~~~Goodnight~~~><))'> x

Thank you! I do tend to complain quite a bit online when I can't do it in person :mrgreen: ! I would love it if you want to send me a PM, but just know that this aspie absolutely detests change of any kind, and that includes growing up! You are perfectly free to share your experiences (I would really enjoy it if you did), but I would prefer to just stay a child at heart forever!

I will look forward to seeing you later! I don't want to bother you, but I hope you are doing well! I had a great day today. Hugs! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 5:44 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

~~~Goodnight~~~><))'> x

Thank you! I do tend to complain quite a bit online when I can't do it in person :mrgreen: ! I would love it if you want to send me a PM, but just know that this aspie absolutely detests change of any kind, and that includes growing up! You are perfectly free to share your experiences (I would really enjoy it if you did), but I would prefer to just stay a child at heart forever!

I will look forward to seeing you later! I don't want to bother you, but I hope you are doing well! I had a great day today. Hugs! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

I manage horribly, with change of any kind, when patterns and rhythms are broken, and, when I lose people I love from my life. In addition, I am still childlike, and possess the mind of a child, for the most part. However, either way, I would never attempt to encourage you, or anyone else, to 'change', or, 'grow up', or anything of the like. I have no intention to do those things, if i were to PM you. I simply wanted to share a personal experience with you, that I feel is too personal to share in public, in case it could be of benefit to you.

I just had one of the most massive panic attacks of my life, while working, and I feel so much like expressing myself, my thoughts, the things that could have lead up to it/contributed to it, but, I cannot figure out how. I don't know how to put the words in writing. I am stuck, and, I am also, lacking courage. I have been utterly, non-verbal for the better part of the day, and now, I feel I need to just get it out. I don't want to generate a post. I am extremely nervous, and my heart is hot, and it feels like wires are shorting out. I'm able to give support, but, somehow, I am unable to ask for it, or to know if I were to write it out, to know someone has heard me. I feel as though it is a selfish, or self-serving act, and it would be wrong for me to do. I don't see it as such, when other's express their hardships/difficult moments. It feels like a self-worth issue, or, an imposition on other's, if I do. Yesterday, my therapist told me I carry shame, and not only that, it is entirely, unwarranted. I hadn't realized this. I thought it had been wrong for me to feel certain things, to form attachments to people, which just happens, and no matter how diligently I try not to, I cannot seem to prevent it, or stop it in it's tracks. Today, in the midst of panic attack, I burst into tears, because my boss was showing me empathy. I want a different brain. I want my emotions switched OFF. I cannot be me, any longer. It's been going on for far too long, and it needs to stop. Thank you for allowing me to express myself. I hadn't planned to. I'm sorry if I seem awful, currently. I'm so glad to hear you had a great day, today. You could never bother me. Thank you for your hug. I send you a hug, too. Thank you.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:58 pm

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

~~~Goodnight~~~><))'> x

I manage horribly, with change of any kind, when patterns and rhythms are broken, and, when I lose people I love from my life. In addition, I am still childlike, and possess the mind of a child, for the most part. However, either way, I would never attempt to encourage you, or anyone else, to 'change', or, 'grow up', or anything of the like. I have no intention to do those things, if i were to PM you. I simply wanted to share a personal experience with you, that I feel is too personal to share in public, in case it could be of benefit to you.

I just had one of the most massive panic attacks of my life, while working, and I feel so much like expressing myself, my thoughts, the things that could have lead up to it/contributed to it, but, I cannot figure out how. I don't know how to put the words in writing. I am stuck, and, I am also, lacking courage. I have been utterly, non-verbal for the better part of the day, and now, I feel I need to just get it out. I don't want to generate a post. I am extremely nervous, and my heart is hot, and it feels like wires are shorting out. I'm able to give support, but, somehow, I am unable to ask for it, or to know if I were to write it out, to know someone has heard me. I feel as though it is a selfish, or self-serving act, and it would be wrong for me to do. I don't see it as such, when other's express their hardships/difficult moments. It feels like a self-worth issue, or, an imposition on other's, if I do. Yesterday, my therapist told me I carry shame, and not only that, it is entirely, unwarranted. I hadn't realized this. I thought it had been wrong for me to feel certain things, to form attachments to people, which just happens, and no matter how diligently I try not to, I cannot seem to prevent it, or stop it in it's tracks. Today, in the midst of panic attack, I burst into tears, because my boss was showing me empathy. I want a different brain. I want my emotions switched OFF. I cannot be me, any longer. It's been going on for far too long, and it needs to stop. Thank you for allowing me to express myself. I hadn't planned to. I'm sorry if I seem awful, currently. I'm so glad to hear you had a great day, today. You could never bother me. Thank you for your hug. I send you a hug, too. Thank you.

Oh no, Britte! I'm so sorry to hear you aren't doing well. You expressed yourself perfectly in this post. Emotions are always very hard to deal with. Sometimes they are so hard for me to deal with that I go into a state where I am almost unreachable emotionally. I am a very sensitive person as well, and that is okay, I promise. I cry when my health teacher says that I can accomplish my dreams, honestly. It is very hard to deal with that, and I feel your pain so much, especially since you have to experience this harder than most of us. You are not a bad or selfish person in any way. This is just a forum. So many people (me) rant here every single day, so you are not selfish at all! You are less selfish by a long shot than some of us here. If you want to PM me about it, I am totally open. It's okay. Everything will be alright, I promise! Your shame is unwarranted, because nothing you describe is wrong in any way. Not feeling any emotions is wrong. The opposite of what you are dealing with. In a state of anxiety like that, it is so hard to deal with. Feel free to talk to any of us here. Even if you can't ask for support, you can say you need it, and I promise I will try my very best because it's sad when people feel horrible. Nobody deserves that amount of anxiety. You are always welcome here. Have another hug :mrgreen: !

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

thank you, ssf.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm

Britte wrote:
thank you, ssf.

No problem. I'm rooting for you in this fight against anxiety :mrgreen: .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 8:35 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I'm really sorry- that was ridiculously long :roll: ! I feel a lot better now though. Ferris- thanks for your advice, but I can't follow it either :mrgreen: ! Do you think I have bipolar disorder or a form of it?

Yeah , I'm great at offering advice or knowing what i think will help other people but absolutely useless at applying it to myself :roll:
Doesn't sound like Bipolar to me , I'm no expert but it doesn't fit , I know you can make it fit but as you know that's just confirmation bias. Your symptoms just sound like someone who has to deal with with ASD , OCD & Anxiety on a daily basis , that's what I think anyway :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 10:24 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
How's everyone doing :D ?

I had not been by to say hello to you, today, and wanted to do so, before I retire for the night, although, perhaps it is too late. I hope not.

Goodnight, SSF, and all, here...

Sorry! It was a little late for me because I'm going to bed really early in order to get up for school on time (it's in just a few days!). Good morning :mrgreen: :flower: :geek: :study: !

That reminds me, I'm gonna have to start getting up early too if I want to get used to when I'm going to have to get up when I start University soon. 8O

It's so hard getting back into that schedule!

Trust me, I know. I'll have to start getting the train really early in the morning which means getting up way earlier than I had to for College. Plus, the induction days vary from being quite long (9am till 8pm) to really short (10am till 1pm) and there's a lot of time dedicated to 'Social free time' where we're expected to mingle with other University students, and explore the area.

Obviously once the induction week is over the timetable will be a lot more stable. :) I will have to leave at 7 if I want to get the morning train. 8O I think I will probably stay in accommodation at Uni in my second year, simply because it's easier and I'm lazy. :p

Whoops, I should probably make a little correction here. Turns out I had the wrong timetable. :x

On the plus side, I have the correct timetable now and it's a lot less hectic. the latest sessions only go till 3pm, and I'm only in for three days during induction week. There's also no "social free time" slots on the timetable now, but I'm still hoping to talk to people and get to know others. :)

Still no idea what my main timetable will be like for the year, but we're expected to get those in the first week.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 12:31 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Doesn't sound like Bipolar to me , I'm no expert but it doesn't fit , I know you can make it fit but as you know that's just confirmation bias. Your symptoms just sound like someone who has to deal with with ASD , OCD & Anxiety on a daily basis , that's what I think anyway :D

Quote:
Yeah , I'm great at offering advice or knowing what i think will help other people but absolutely useless at applying it to myself :roll:

Story of my life mate :D .

Thanks! I'm still worried, even though my therapist and mom insist it isn't hypomania or bipolar disorder. I just have no clue why my brain has all this excess dopamine and why I am having racing thoughts. It just seems like if I'm not manic yet, then I am going to be when I get older.

I seem to have messed up the quotes in this post :lol: .