Page 7 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm

That's okay. I've never seen either show LOL

I don't actually watch much TV---except for sports events and documentary-type things.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's okay. I've never seen either show LOL

I don't actually watch much TV---except for sports events and documentary-type things.

Same here- other than AGT, I only watched one show in the past year. What sort of sports and documentaries do you watch? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

I watch many types of documentaries. I especially like historical ones. One of my favorites is Ken Burn's "The Civil War.

I watch baseball, football, basketball, and other sports.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I watch many types of documentaries. I especially like historical ones. One of my favorites is Ken Burn's "The Civil War.

I watch baseball, football, basketball, and other sports.

Cool! I wish I could share your interest, but I don't sadly :( .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

I do like classical music.

I read about the correspondence between Tchaikovsky and his patron when I was a young man.

So we do share at least one interest.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

Yay! I'm glad :D .

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 2:47 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
http://www.stickwithitsugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/e9db43ba7048e055bf943e7e52d691be.jpg

How I see the majority of word puzzles. ^

Personally, I wouldn't be able to half this number without a calculator, or at least not without spending half a day messing up on simple calculations first. My brain is really, really bad at maths. It's no wonder I got an E in the subject last time, I just hope I pass this time because I'm sick of redoing maths time and time again. Doesn't help that numbers switch around in my brain too. It just makes me want to have a breakdown. 8O

When working something such as 99/2 in ones head when you have dyscalculia, it's ok to go slow. It helps to learn to be comfortable using "tricks" because that's actually what most people do.

A person might say "Well 99 is almost 100 and 100/2 is 50. Since 99 is less than 100, I need something less than 50. They might first consider 49, but then realize that if they have one 49, and then another 49, they are not one short of 100, but two short of 100, and realize they need something less than 50 but greater than 49, and realize they are looking for 49 1/2

49+49 = 98
1/2 + 1/2=1

So 49 1/2 + 49 1/2 = 99

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 6:17 am

:D And that's why all the men should dig you.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 7:57 am

Chronos wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
http://www.stickwithitsugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/e9db43ba7048e055bf943e7e52d691be.jpg

How I see the majority of word puzzles. ^

Personally, I wouldn't be able to half this number without a calculator, or at least not without spending half a day messing up on simple calculations first. My brain is really, really bad at maths. It's no wonder I got an E in the subject last time, I just hope I pass this time because I'm sick of redoing maths time and time again. Doesn't help that numbers switch around in my brain too. It just makes me want to have a breakdown. 8O

When working something such as 99/2 in ones head when you have dyscalculia, it's ok to go slow. It helps to learn to be comfortable using "tricks" because that's actually what most people do.

A person might say "Well 99 is almost 100 and 100/2 is 50. Since 99 is less than 100, I need something less than 50. They might first consider 49, but then realize that if they have one 49, and then another 49, they are not one short of 100, but two short of 100, and realize they need something less than 50 but greater than 49, and realize they are looking for 49 1/2

49+49 = 98
1/2 + 1/2=1

So 49 1/2 + 49 1/2 = 99

The thing is, part of me desperately longs to be able to work things out at the speed that most people can. I hate having the brain that I have sometimes. :x For me, it's a bit like learning to walk all over again whilst being tested on my walking ability in a walking test and the rest of the participants know how to walk already. They remember all the steps that you need to take in order to stand up and then walk, so they just need to implement those steps and they are fine. But for me, I have to learn how to stand up and walk each time because my brain doesn't remember those steps at all, so understandably it will take me longer to re-learn those steps and then try to implement them.

What I hate the most about waiting to be tested is that until then I can never know if I actually have it, or if I'm just generally bad at maths. I'm pretty sure I have it though, because when I read up on it, the description sounded like someone was reading out my life. 8O I just thought "Yep, all of that is me".

In the past I've actually ended up embarrassing myself, because I tried to rush calculations in order to do them at the same speed as the rest. Also, I used to try and cheat in mental maths tests by writing notes and calculations really small on my hands because trying to get me to work out maths completely in my head is a bit like asking someone with no hands to catch a ball. Sure, they could use their mouth but they're probably going to struggle with that task. I have to re-learn all those steps in a small amount of time, keep a bunch of calculations in my head that most people know the answer to automatically because they know the steps, and then finally bring all the information together to answer the question and by that time I've probably forgotten what the original question was. :x

It's easy to zone out when people are explaining tricks because they often reach points that don't make sense to me, so they'll end up going from point A to B, but to get to B they actually did calculations E,F and G which can be simplified to just one calculation of H when added together, but it's easy to forget calculation H when you can't remember the parts to E, F and G. By the time they've explained all that, I just want to give up. :(

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2017, 2:22 pm

My guess was correct. I can easily imagine half a pie, it's usually divided into pieces and I love to eat it :D

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
49 1/2 each. One can have half a pie.

There would be a problem if Alex had 99 kids, though.

Perhaps Bob would have 49 biological children and one step child.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 9:24 pm

soloha wrote:
Bob has half as many pies as Alex. Alex has 99 pies. How many pies does Bob have?

Does this question eff anyone else up? I got SO stuck on it before I smacked myself on the forehead. It's this kind of crap that convinces me my brain just doesn't work like most peoples...

I never quite understood why in some maths questions they would give you the answer then proceed to ask for the answer. It would be more correct to ask what is the exact number of pies Bob has.

Also, half A Pi could crash the site!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK-AjJzr2Z4

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

Bob has 49 and a half pies to Alex's 99. This is obviously a case of pastry inequality, in which Alex is holding Bob down and keeping all the pie to himself. We should protest, break into Alex's house, steal some of his pies, and redistribute them to Alex so that each man has 74.25 pies.

Just kidding. :roll:

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...