Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 8:28 pm

I have, honestly, no idea what [God] is. I seriously doubt mere human minds can wrap themselves around an entity that contains and comprises everything that is... What?? Constructive?? Good??

Nouns and adjectives break down in the face of an attempt to DESCRIBE, never mind UNDERSTAND, [God].

Many have tried, no religion has achieved encapsulating [God] in a system of rules and sanctioned beliefs.

Even Jesus Christ, supposedly the Son of God, couldn't do better than to say, in effect, "Love one another, take care of each other, and give second chances to anyone who earnestly asks."

[God] is whatever you can wrap your head around. I suppose it's possible to be partially correct or so incorrect that you might as well be wholly wrong. No conception makes [God] any more or less real. Except as [God] is more or less real TO YOU.

Psychobabble, yes?? I can tell you that I truly believe I have been blessed to spend time in the presence of [God]. Even so, I really can't do better than that.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 4:56 am

If there was a god, who had created all this, what would be his / her explanation for autism? Climate change? Global finance and its wrecking ball effect on national economies? Really, guys, give this nonsense up

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 7:04 am

peterd wrote:
If there was a god, who had created all this, what would be his / her explanation for autism? Climate change? Global finance and its wrecking ball effect on national economies? Really, guys, give this nonsense up

There is at least one God who has already given an answer. Which would be immediately invalidated by people who do not believe in the related spiritual things. If the spiritual elements are accepted the causes and effects make sense. If those are not accepted then the situation will never have answer.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 1:43 pm

peterd wrote:

I asked that once. The answer was, in effect, "I made you; I don't make mistakes. Humans, however, makes all kinds of mistakes."

I may not LIKE it, but [God] has reasons for autism, ADHD, schizophrenia, the lot of it.

As for climate change, pollution, gross inequalities, global finance... Well, free will is a dangerous plaything.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:34 am

God is the Collective. God is everything and everyone combined. In one piece, but evolving closer together. Eventually we will be perfectly together, all of us. All is saved forever. What goes around comes around, and eventually only love will go around and come around, because we learn our lessons from what goes around coming back to us. This will last forever, because we lock it in; a bond cannot be undone, and there really is nothing but love, so all bonds are positive at that level. Hate is just lack of love, darkness is just lack of light, and death doesn't really exist. We will remember and experience everything forever, happily, in the end, forever.

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2017, 6:59 am

I'd call God whatever circumstances created the universe. Maybe God is absolutely nothing and the universe just exists for no reason, maybe there's a place outside the universe where the physical laws allow something to be created from nothing, maybe it's a self-aware being like many religions portray. Infinite number of possibilities and I hope we can narrow it down to one for no reason other than to satisfy my curiosity. Would also be nice if we could boil all of existence down to a single equation and predict any and every future event by plugging it into a supercomputer.