What do you think about homeschooling?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 5:34 pm

I was educated precisely in this way because the pedagogical-psychological clinic with exam all kids before they enter school for first time in Poland, recognized that my Asperger's Syndrome could interfere with another child's learning, and my intelligence was above average and I should be taught according to the normal school curriculum.

So the teachers came to my house and not me to school, and my parents did not have to pay for it because all was paid for by the ministry of education.

In Poland, many children with autism or ADHD are formed in a permanent or temporary way if for example a child has a severe illness such as cancer :(

jenniferjudy225
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2017, 2:51 am

I won't ever home school my destiny youngsters. Children want to be socialized, and uncovered to actual international understanding. A public school education is a useful lesson of the dichotomies of society.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 7:24 am

What's a Destiny Youngster?

I'm very ambivalent about homeschooling.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 5:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's a Destiny Youngster?

I'm very ambivalent about homeschooling.

What do you mean?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:54 am

I think that every child should try studying it at school at first, because in order for them to make it in the society they need to learn how to interract with other people. It's more likely to learn these things as a child than to try learning them as an adult, so school is a good place to start. I'm not saying that you can't learn these things if you're homeschooled, but in an actual school a child has better chance in learning since there will be different people and they can't just leave if they make a mistake.

Of course, I also think that sometimes homeschooling is the best option. For example if a child is bullied at school and refuses to go there, it's better to take the school to them than to force them in the middle of the bullies. But this is an option only if you can't get the bullies under control. There are also children who can't concentrate in groups, so sometimes it might be better for them to be homeschooled as well so that they can actually learn something and won't hinder anyone else's learning.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:20 pm

I probably would have been dead or in jail by now if my parents didn't pull me out of public school to home-school me in fifth grade. The bullying was so bad I was thinking about shooting up the school before Columbine actually happened or killing myself so I wouldn't have to go to school anymore. My mom never really listened to me about what was going on there and to this day still blames me for the bullying. Apparently having "a chip on my shoulder" made me a target. Kids I had never seen before would basically "jump" me. But that was all my fault somehow. It's bad enough that my own mother doesn't take her own daughter's side over that of everyone else's, but had I been forced to continue to endure it, I probably would have commuted suicide by the 8th grade.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:43 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
I probably would have been dead or in jail by now if my parents didn't pull me out of public school to home-school me in fifth grade. The bullying was so bad I was thinking about shooting up the school before Columbine actually happened or killing myself so I wouldn't have to go to school anymore. My mom never really listened to me about what was going on there and to this day still blames me for the bullying. Apparently having "a chip on my shoulder" made me a target. Kids I had never seen before would basically "jump" me. But that was all my fault somehow. It's bad enough that my own mother doesn't take her own daughter's side over that of everyone else's, but had I been forced to continue to endure it, I probably would have commuted suicide by the 8th grade.

In my case it was not a decision of my parents, but the Kuratorium Oświaty (Board of Education) that decided that i can interfere other children education yet i have very good perspective and over average IQ and eloquence to waste it :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2017, 5:08 am

I wish I was homeschooled. I have learning & other disabilities that the school system didn't understand so I struggled in most of my classes(I only passed some because my teachers curved my grade) & I was bullied alot till I went a school for dyslexia in the middle of 6th grade(it only went up to 8th grade thou)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition