The Dragon Quest VIII – Journey of the Cursed King thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 5:48 pm

If you’re playing Dragon Quest VIII – Journey of the Cursed King….

…how did you end up dividing the skill points for the characters?

I misplaced some at first (I thought it was good to put some for everything), so I restarted the game once I realized how precious they are (only 350 for the up to 500 you’d need in order to max out every category).

I find Jessica and Angelo easy. Whips, knives and staves for Jessica, and bows, knives/swords and staves for Angelo.
It’s the Hero and Yangus I find hard to decide on. I’m thinking swords, boomerangs and courage for Hero, and whatever he has left in spears.
For Yangus, I decided on clubs and scythes. Scythes partly because I wanted him to be able to steal skill seeds later in the game, clubs because I thought they did better things than most axe attacks (axe tends to be hit or miss, too many with 50% chance of hitting). I would like for him to get Parallax and Axes of Evil as well, but I read that he really needs to learn Fisticuffs for the end game (I only got to leaving Red looking for the treasure she wanted in order to give Medea back first time around, now I’ve gotten to Ascantha, and am about to go up to The Little Hill of Hope, so I don’t know if I’ll need it).
Is Fisticuffs a needful skill for Yangus, or can I go for axes?

My characters are more OP that the first time around, they’re 21 and 22 (Yangus and Hero), Jessica 17 and Angelo 15.

I was shocked to read on Games FAQ that some people beat the waterfall boss (the merman) at level 1! I don’t see how. First time mine were 7 or 8, and it was hard, second time they were 9, which made it a lot easier.

For some reason I neither met the Creme Caraslime nor the multicolored mummy boy the first time, but I did the second time.

PS! If you have other things to say about the game (or other DQ games), please feel free to post it here

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765