Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:57 pm

A jogger in London, notably jogging on the right hand side of the lane, nearly ran into a woman walking along on the left in the opposite direction. Then, he pushed her out into the roadway, where the quick reaction of a bus driver was all that saved her.

The police would like to ask him some questions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brit ... SKBN1AO16L

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm

A 50-year old man has been questioned and released in this matter.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/europe/lo ... index.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 3:57 pm

Interesting (and perhaps disturbing) is that he did not bother to turn back to see if the woman was hit by the bus. The bus barely missed her head.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 7:06 pm

I think that he must be a sociopath to do that, and then run back by later and ignore her.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 7:15 pm

Actually I'm seeing news that says the man arrested is 41 and there is no mention of releasing him, just that he was arrested.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/police-hunting-for-jogger-who-pushed-woman-into-path-of-bus-arrest-man-41/ar-AApONbl?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

Seriously messed-up thing to do, pushing someone into the road.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Interesting (and perhaps disturbing) is that he did not bother to turn back to see if the woman was hit by the bus. The bus barely missed her head.

Maybe the idiot was so preoccupied with his hand-held gadget that he didn't even realise what he had just done. I see these zombies on the street all the time, and it's no wonder I often read stories online about how one of them was killed because he/she didn't pay attention whilst crossing the street.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:22 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I think that he must be a sociopath to do that, and then run back by later and ignore her.

I trust a stint in jail might help him contemplate the error of his ways

Lintar wrote:
Maybe the idiot was so preoccupied with his hand-held gadget that he didn't even realise what he had just done. I see these zombies on the street all the time, and it's no wonder I often read stories online about how one of them was killed because he/she didn't pay attention whilst crossing the street.

Yes I think I saw a poster on a bus stop around Burwood which warned people listening to ipods to beware of the trafffic. This particular individual has more serious issues than simple lack of attention

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:26 pm

In this case it wasn't even someone staring down at their phone. The guy was jogging, nothing held in his hands. The CCTV footage showed he just suddenly shoved the woman into the road. It's really bizarre.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:28 pm

There's been a spate of random attacks on women involving pushing down stairs, acid attacks or down escalators

I think police should actually consider these hate crimes. perhaps the men are mysoginists

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:35 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
In this case it wasn't even someone staring down at their phone. The guy was jogging, nothing held in his hands. The CCTV footage showed he just suddenly shoved the woman into the road. It's really bizarre.

The CCTV footage I had not yet seen when I wrote what I did above. Yes, very bizarre behaviour. Not at all normal, in any sense of that word.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:39 pm

Quote:
Police said that the footage had been released as the investigation into identity of the runner, described as a white man in his 30s, had so far been unsuccessful.

He doesn't look in his 30's to me. He would be in his early 50's.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

It actually would be normal to expect it was somebody wrapped up in their phone, there's so much of that that does go on! People constantly nearly walk into others because they never look up from their phones, it's true.

But this guy -- I would love to know what on earth he was thinking. I hope they release more information after interviewing him. How does someone explain deliberately pushing someone into traffic? 8O I can't wait to hear what he says.

I just saw the movie "They Live" -- I wonder if he was wearing special sunglasses and thought she was an alien, lol.

I think they found him and he's 41, according to a report I came across.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:44 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Actually I'm seeing news that says the man arrested is 41 and there is no mention of releasing him, just that he was arrested.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ney-bridge
Quote:
Police originally gave the arrested man’s age as 41, but that was later corrected to 50. Officers continue to appeal for any witnesses to the incident.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
There's been a spate of random attacks on women involving pushing down stairs, acid attacks or down escalators
I think police should actually consider these hate crimes. perhaps the men are mysoginists
Interesting you should say that, as the footage shows that a man also passed the jogger seconds before the woman passed him, and the jogger doesn't push the man, but pushes the woman.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

I'm a bit concerned to see that they did indeed release him on bail. It's not very comfortable to think that this guy is back out there! I don't fancy walking along Putney Bridge anytime in the near future if this guy is going to be back jogging merrily again on his route tomorrow. . .