10 year age gap. Can a 29 old date a 19 year old?

Page 6 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm

Chichikov wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Being polite is a lie. It's faking emotions to make others feel better. That's why people get told to be polite.

Lots of people meet at work how then did they know their so liked them initially?

Never said wanted a relationship I thought maybe she liked me and would be more accepting of a possible date.

It's. Not ridiculous I'm just tired of trying to be nice to people who don't like me and ever will. Tired of trying find love only to be told over and over I'm not good enough and never will then have people ask why I'm single and tell me due to my age I better get to it. Thanks for pointing that it i have a crappy life like I didn't already know people :cry:

The only reason I said hi to her was cause I liked her she never said hi to me. So given she doesn't like my i dont see a reason to say hi to her anymore

They know they like each other from multiple signs, as well as smiling they may go out of their way to find excuses to interact and chat, maybe talking things slowly away from work and into your out-of-work lives. She might do things like play with her hair or make excessive eye contact, if you Google you'll find lots of things people do when they flirt, might be worth studying.

As for ignoring this girl, that's something you can do for sure. However I bet work is the only place you get to actually interact with women right now so instead you could use it as practice. Practice talking to her for a few moments at a time, ask her how her weekend was, how she is finding work, and meaningless cr*p like that. Maybe have some anecdote or intetesting thing to say in your head in advance.

"how are you liking working here?"
"it's ok"
"yeah, it's not the best but it could be worse, I used to work at <insert place> and <insert anecdote about something funny /bad that happened>. However I'm only staying here until <insert your hopes for the near future>"

Those are just examples, if you've never worked anywhere you can talk about then substitute for something else. But it's short convos that might trigger further conversion. She may reciprocate with an anecdote of her own. If she is interested it's more likely she'll reciprocate. If she hates you she won't, but it's still practice. I'm not saying to do this to try and go out with her, but to use as practice for your social skills to try and get more natural. The ultimate goal is really to make her laugh, or at least smile, as if you can make a woman laugh it's half the battle. Don't hang around after either, a few exchanges and leave her alone, especially if they're not reciprocating, as it helps you avoid the creep vibe.

Or you could continue as you are and the chances of you succeeding will be very low.

Problem is all those things are things women do when just friendly or being polite.

She doesn't want to talk to me. Besides the 2-4 people no one wants to talk with me. They all tslkmto each other downstairs though, and joke around.

The only time I see anyone is when they 1.come up the stairs to go to clock in or go to break or 2. Come out of the break room to go down stairs to leave or go back to work.
I'm not on the floor so I can't leave my department, unlike downstairs where they can travel and tslkmto each other.

People,here keep telling me I won't find someone at work, but that was the whole point of getting a job. So I'd meet women. I knew then it wouldn't help. Women in their late 20s don't work retail.

I always made women laugh on dates. And sometimes at my old job. I apparently come off as extrovert and confident if women give me a chance, but none will anymore.

Winning the lottery is likely the only way my life will improve. Women value money. Otherwise they wouldn't care how many hours a guy works. But it always comes back to money.
Might just quite after I get my 2 year jacket. Doesn't make any difference, I might rather spend my last few years playing games then slaving away at work.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
In that case - go for it, and if she is interested boink her brains out :D

It's different when you have a job that you will keep for a couple of years.

Well hope to keep the job.

Guessing you mean sex?
I want a relationship. If I did ask her out I'd like it to last long time, care and respect her.
Takes me a while to feel comfortable talking about sex with woman, I need emotional connection.

Don't be simp sly, seriously.

If she wants to have sex and you don't give it to her, she will lose all interest/respect for you.

IDK or she might have more interest/respect for not wanting to rush into sex. I mean this is sort of the reverse, but I have found in my experience having sex right away certainly doesn't keep or make guys interested in a relationship so not sure if it would for women either. If she would lose interest/respect for not having sex right away, than it sounds like she wouldn't be a very good match for Sly.

If I don't they reject me, if I give them sexting they get upset later most of the time.
I'm not sending anymore pictures that's for sure or sexting.
I want love and cuddles. I want romance and playfulness. I want best friend.
I dont know if I'd have sex before a month of texting and meeting up. No offense sweatlesf cause I remember you did sex soon in past. How'd you overcome anxiety? I get super anxious about big decisions such as sex and then the act itself and all the worries that come along with it. I don't want women to see me nude either. I do want sex a lot but that's fantasy. I don't know if I'd ever have sex in a relationship. I dont know I could overcome that anxiety that I'll suck or their make fun of me.

synthpop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2017, 1:41 am

Ultimately, it depends on how mature the girl is.
Some 19 year olds are stupid as bricks, some are genuinely intelligent. Some 19 year olds are obsessed with drug abuse and partying, some aren't.
Dating someone much younger than you, as long as it's legal, is only wrong if you're fetishizing the age difference or taking advantage of someone.
But, with that aside. Keep talking to her. You may end up realizing you don't even like her. I can't really imagine what an average 19 year old female could have in common with a 29 year old autistic man.
You may like her. She may like you. See what happens.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:46 am

PBL187 wrote:
Finally, how do you know Sly is overweight or has a shoddy appearance?

I've seen his photos.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 6:54 am

He's not really that overweight. Like anybody, he can make improvements.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 6:57 am

Women of all ages work retail.

It's good to be polite no matter what.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

Today on the train, I saw this not-too-good looking man in his 50s kanoodling this pretty good looking woman in her 40s.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Women of all ages work retail.

It's good to be polite no matter what.

Not really it's a young person industry they mostly hire 18-24 olds who either just graduated high school or who are looking for seasonal work or extra income while at college. My work predominantly seems to hire 18-23 old women. Then there's men and women in their late 30s and 40s who are leads and managers

Not talking to her isn't not being polite it's not like I'm going be mean to her or call her names. I'm just going back to how things were before I thought she liked me

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:54 am

Yes, a 29 year old can date a 19 year old. Nothing strange about that at all, especially not here in the Netherlands.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:55 am

I find it much better to be slightly friendly than to be neutral

I just don't think being neutral works.

When I go to Macy's, at least half the staff there are older than their 20's. This is especially true in relatively more "specialty" departments like makeup, or men's clothes. Walmart, too. Many older employees because of the economic crunch.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:52 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Yes, a 29 year old can date a 19 year old. Nothing strange about that at all, especially not here in the Netherlands.

Lucky. In the USA it's seen as social unacceptable as even seen in this thread. It's assumed the 19 is a child's mind still and so must be being taken advantage of. Atleast if it's a woman. Odd twist most people think it's ok for a 30'old woman to sex with a 14 old boy cause the boy is old enough to know what he wants but a 20 old woman isn't. 0.o

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I find it much better to be slightly friendly than to be neutral

I just don't think being neutral works.

When I go to Macy's, at least half the staff there are older than their 20's. This is especially true in relatively more "specialty" departments like makeup, or men's clothes. Walmart, too. Many older employees because of the economic crunch.

Well that's not how it's here. Fast food is majorly 14-17 old girls with a older manager. Retail stores tend to be 17-24 old girls. Coffee Shops are predominantly you women too. In fact from what I've seen most of my cities retail workforce is women including banks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 11:01 am

A 19 year old person dating a 29 year old person is not "socially unacceptable." Not at all.

It's maybe looked on a little suspiciously by parents if the 19 year old is a college student. If she's in the "working world," she's seen as being "more of an adult."

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 10:30 am

sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

Lucky. In the USA it's seen as social unacceptable as even seen in this thread. It's assumed the 19 is a child's mind still and so must be being taken advantage of. Atleast if it's a woman. Odd twist most people think it's ok for a 30'old woman to sex with a 14 old boy cause the boy is old enough to know what he wants but a 20 old woman isn't. 0.o

30 woman with 14 boy? Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh......no.

When I was a kid, we knew about the young jr. high teacher sleeping around with the hs boys. It wasn't discussed openly, but word got around. Older boys back then had sense enough to keep their mouths shut.

And then what I think changed was somebody screwed up. All it takes is one incident, and everything changed. Maybe someone got pregnant. Maybe her husband found out. Maybe the kid blackmailed her if he didn't get an easy A. Or maybe the kid was genuinely abused. I'm not talking about whether a kid can legally consent, I mean something emotionlly or physically ugly, maybe even coercive or forceful, not some horny teenage conquest or rite of passage. At any rate, something seriously bad happened and it stopped being funny. Then you started hearing about underage kids are incapable of consent. And when they were past age of consent, it was, well, teachers are in authority positions and are abusing their status.

You can't even cross district lines and get away with it. You can't even cross the county or even state lines and get away with it. There has only been ONE case in which an elementary aid slept with an 18 year old senior in a whole other school district in which the judge ruled in favor of the defendant. Your career is trash and you're a registered offender.

As a music teacher, I'm automatically in the crosshairs every day because they EXPECT male music teachers and coaches to pull stunts like that. We have a reputation for it, enough that it rarely even makes the news. We tend to move around a lot more, so we slip through when schools "pass the trash." But eventually they catch up with us and some of land in prison.

You don't even have to actually DO anything. They just have to accuse you of it and everyone assumes you're guilty. I get around it by always keeping windows clear and always staying visible around co-workers and keeping a wide distance from young people. There's a time/place for closing in the space because you don't want kids thinking you're cold or unfriendly or unapproachable, but you have to constantly stay on guard to control public perception. It's not fun, not easy, and considering the struggles I have, anxiety/depression, social awkwardness, and just flat not being that naturally good with kids, it's unreal to me I've made it as far as I have.

Granted, you aren't talking about teachers. But just because you don't work for a school doesn't mean someone won't make you a target. My own kids aren't quite teens yet, but they already know what we expect. No dating while we support you. We won't hide what happens "out there," and we'll keep them well-informed. If my girl comes to me at 16 all angry and says she's leaving with some guy after we say no, we're calling the cops and taking him in on kidnapping charges. If it happens while she's under AOC? Now you're a registered sex offender whether anything happened or not.

Same thing if a grown woman is messing with my boys.

Because as parents, we ARE just that crazy.

Anyway, no, it's NOT any more acceptable for women to pull stunts like that. If anything, it's MORE difficult because the public expects more out of women. When a man falls, who cares? It's just another day in the neighbourhood. But a woman? They'd burn her at the stake if they could. Every week you hear about another woman sleeping with boys. They just toss her in the dime bin and leave her to rot over some boy's fantasy and locker room talk. LeTourneau is probably the only exception of someone who managed to turn her circumstances around, but reality for most women tends to be bleaker by comparison.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 4:10 pm

They get far less jail time if any then men who sleep with teenage girls get. It's a clear double standard. Then the comment section is full of both men and women who say the lady shouldn't get punished cause you know the boy wanted it, but swap it around where a girl who wants it sleeps with an older ,an and they want him murdered. Now most people say women mature faster then men, so a 14 old girl is supposedly more mature then a 14 old boy, yet when it comes to sex they say the girl is too young to know better and so for can't consent(goes to 15,16,17,too, heck people say 18/19/20 are too) yet the 14 old boy apparently is seen as old enough to decide on only sex but considered too young when it comes to all other matters. People say for example at 16/17 boys are too naive and young to join the military cause they lack the understanding of their actions.

I don't think any teenage has a understanding of their actions. They don't realize that having sleep with a adult/teacher will 1. Ruin that persons life, 2. Always be with them and they likely regret it later. Both are ripe with hormones and sexual drive. It's a bit different at 18/19/20 as their adults by then and most get thrown to the wolfs. Even if it was legal I'd never sleep with a 16 old for example. I don't think she'd really be able to make that decision. Yet that was the norm for a long time :( glad I wasn't born 100 years ago. I don't understand why people do it. Yeah at16/17 they mostly full grown and as such are attractive as a 18+ is but it's not right, people need to control them selves, and a lot of them who do it are married with kids, like wtf drives them to do something wrong and hurt their family 0.o

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

As long as both parties are over 18 and consent

19 year olds are often much different than 29 year olds. 19 year olds just became adults legally and emotionally they are sometimes more like children than adults

Having said that it depends on which specific 19 year old. Some 19 year olds are more sophisticated than some 29 year olds

When I was 29 plenty of strangers still mistook me for a high school student

Plenty of marriages involve one party ten years older than the other

A one year old and an eleven year old are drastically different

A ninety year old and an eighty year old are not inherently too different

Actually, what I would be more concerned with, if I were you, is that if she rejects you, then things could get awkward

Or if she dates and dumps you then you still have
To see her at work

If I were you I would be more concerned with the NT/AS difference. Than the 19 8) 29 one

:heart:

Personally though I did not change much between 19 and 29.

8O