10 year age gap. Can a 29 old date a 19 year old?

Page 8 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:55 pm

Do you enjoy being mean? I'm losing weight which takes time. I cant improve myself otherwise. Not everyone can't handle working full time or is good at social situations so they get hired for better paying jobs. Lots of people,spend their whole,life's working min wage including lots of nuts who don't have social and mental issues

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:09 am

Chichikov wrote:
Keep moaning about it on the Internet then, that seems to be working well for you so far. Way better than spending that energy improving yourself anyway.

I'd save your breath or typing fingers mate, he won't be told and if he thinks that that is mean then that says it all. Can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Maybe best to ignore people like Sly and me (oh yeah I am well aware of my own woeful nature and am starting to go back to keeping it to myself lol)

PS I don't mind you replying to posts ;)

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:43 am

sly279 wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
sly279 wrote:
babybird wrote:
You might be looking for the wrong kind I woman.

I reckon there's lots of women out there who'll go for a man who thinks himself worthless.

I don't understand, are you siding with the lady who manipulated and played me into loving her by pretending to love and want to be with me but never intending to and never actually liking me?

I'm not going lie, that's a little disturbing. You've chatted to sometime at work a few times and you love her? If a girl responds to chit chat at work it means she loves you, and if it turns out she is just trying to be friendly then she has tricked you into thinking she loves you?

These are not normal thoughts, you're far too intense and I don't doubt that this comes across to the people you talk with and makes them wary and a little uneasy.

This is why you have to learn to be friends with women first. You need to dial that intensity way way down and learn to be at ease around women and have them at ease around you. If a woman thinks saying "hello" is going to be misinterpreted as a declaration of love then they're going to give you a wide berth.

Once you get comfortable at that, women will spend more time around you and getting to know you and that then increases the chance of her wanting to be in a relationship if she finds you have qualities she wants in a partner.

Different girl. We changed daily hours s day for weeks. With her being all lovey dovy. Calling me her love, sweetie, honey, etc
She also was quite to sext. She also talked about being mine etc,

I should have just ignored her, I knew it was impossible for s woman to like me.

I would consider this type of behavior a red flag if you are looking for a relationship.

(Immediate use of pet names, acting overly affectionate before she even knows you, wanting to sext).

If someone behaves this way, i would assume all they are looking for is quick fun and not a relationship. There may be rare exceptions, but this generally isn't the best way to start a lasting relationship.

(Tldr; the problem is the type of girl, not you)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:07 pm

Little update on the lady at work. She is fat so she must have gained weight since her face book pictures, so I wasn't wrong about that atleast. Also she got off work yesterday and got drunk in the afternoon on a weekday then slept on the couch at work til her sister got off. Who gets drunk on a weekday? 0.o
Knowing this it wouldn't worked out even if she did like me. I don't care for drunks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:10 pm

Nope...she sounds like bad news. I'm glad you didn't seek to date her.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope...she sounds like bad news. I'm glad you didn't seek to date her.

I concur.

Something like that happened to me once. This girl sent me a mildly suggestive pic, but was pretty much shoulders up. So I went to meet her and she was overweight and chain smoking. I'm like, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh... So we chill and chat for a couple hours and that was it. I went home and never heard from her again.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the vibe hanging out with her had been the same as when we were chatting online. I'm no stranger to overweight women. But that plus smoking plus so many awkward silences when she was a regular flirty chatterbox online... I'm still that guy, so what changed?

lol

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

I just had to comment on this thread because I can see the op has had a rough time and a bit of harsh treatment as well.

I know you believe this girl isn't interested, and that's fine if you decide that and don't pursue her. But, I don't think the age difference should be a concern. You're a young guy still, whether you realize it or not. Also, for those who thought the age difference was too great, they didn't really do a good job of making their case at all. You can totally see the bad reasoning in their argument which should only encourage you, not discourage you.

I want to give you honest feedback because you said that losing weight wouldn't change your face structure. That may be the case, but it's going to make your jawline more prominent and obviously give you that healthy, strong look that most women like. I'd recommend you strongly think about losing weight. I'm in the process of doing so myself and I've come a long way.

-Here's some advice about that if you decide to do so. Have somebody who knows what they are doing measure your waist.
-Look up the doctor recommended waist size for your body based on your height.
-Use your waist size as your ONLY determinant on progress, weighing yourself on a scale is freggin worthless.
-Don't try to go on a diet
-Your key to losing weight is cardio exercise. I'd recommend you start off with half and hour and after about 3 months go to an hour. After about a year you could probably go to 2 hours if you really wanted to be ambitious. That's what I do.
-Don't try to be John Wayne and diet and exercise at the same time, there's only so many changes you can make over time. As I've exercised, I've been gradually changing the way I eat, but not focusing on diet.
-Besides, if you kick the crap out of yourself with cardio, two thing will happen. You'll burn more calories than you are now, and your appetite will be reduced automatically.
-Drink a lot of water. That will help process the wasted from you working out and you'll basically pee and sweat the chemicals that make up fat (this is an oversimplification, we don't really know exactly how fat is burned off the body, but water is proven to help with weight loss significantly).
-For your cardio, I'd strongly recommend you go to the gym and use an elliptical machine (very similar to a stepper). They BURN MORE CALORIES than a treadmill and they are LOW IMPACT so you don't be stressing your joints as much.
-Measure your waist once a month. You'll probably lose about an inch off your waist each month. So if you need to lose 20 inches off your waist, your looking at approximately 20 months.
-If you reach your goal, don't stop exercising! Do less cardio and start a weight program.

Long term exercise will reduce your stress, improve your overall mood and outlook on life, and boost your confidence!

Sly, you're young and you can be healthy and desirable to women. Don't put yourself in a box. Join me!

Oh yeah, and one more thing on the age difference, there is a 25 year old lady who's interested in me and I'm 40. I'll admit I'm struggling with whether I can really date somebody that young, but she's definitely interested. At one point, when we were studying together, she got annoyed when I brought up how young she is. She said I'm old enough! She didn't say for what, but I realized she was interested in me. Anyway, the point of the story is, YOU are young my friend and you should not write yourself off!

Do this!

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 6:35 am

AspieSingleDad wrote:
I just had to comment on this thread because I can see the op has had a rough time and a bit of harsh treatment as well.

I know you believe this girl isn't interested, and that's fine if you decide that and don't pursue her. But, I don't think the age difference should be a concern. You're a young guy still, whether you realize it or not. Also, for those who thought the age difference was too great, they didn't really do a good job of making their case at all. You can totally see the bad reasoning in their argument which should only encourage you, not discourage you.

I want to give you honest feedback because you said that losing weight wouldn't change your face structure. That may be the case, but it's going to make your jawline more prominent and obviously give you that healthy, strong look that most women like. I'd recommend you strongly think about losing weight. I'm in the process of doing so myself and I've come a long way.

-Here's some advice about that if you decide to do so. Have somebody who knows what they are doing measure your waist.
-Look up the doctor recommended waist size for your body based on your height.
-Use your waist size as your ONLY determinant on progress, weighing yourself on a scale is freggin worthless.
-Don't try to go on a diet
-Your key to losing weight is cardio exercise. I'd recommend you start off with half and hour and after about 3 months go to an hour. After about a year you could probably go to 2 hours if you really wanted to be ambitious. That's what I do.
-Don't try to be John Wayne and diet and exercise at the same time, there's only so many changes you can make over time. As I've exercised, I've been gradually changing the way I eat, but not focusing on diet.
-Besides, if you kick the crap out of yourself with cardio, two thing will happen. You'll burn more calories than you are now, and your appetite will be reduced automatically.
-Drink a lot of water. That will help process the wasted from you working out and you'll basically pee and sweat the chemicals that make up fat (this is an oversimplification, we don't really know exactly how fat is burned off the body, but water is proven to help with weight loss significantly).
-For your cardio, I'd strongly recommend you go to the gym and use an elliptical machine (very similar to a stepper). They BURN MORE CALORIES than a treadmill and they are LOW IMPACT so you don't be stressing your joints as much.
-Measure your waist once a month. You'll probably lose about an inch off your waist each month. So if you need to lose 20 inches off your waist, your looking at approximately 20 months.
-If you reach your goal, don't stop exercising! Do less cardio and start a weight program.

Long term exercise will reduce your stress, improve your overall mood and outlook on life, and boost your confidence!

Sly, you're young and you can be healthy and desirable to women. Don't put yourself in a box. Join me!

Oh yeah, and one more thing on the age difference, there is a 25 year old lady who's interested in me and I'm 40. I'll admit I'm struggling with whether I can really date somebody that young, but she's definitely interested. At one point, when we were studying together, she got annoyed when I brought up how young she is. She said I'm old enough! She didn't say for what, but I realized she was interested in me. Anyway, the point of the story is, YOU are young my friend and you should not write yourself off!

Do this!

[slowclap]

This is truly good stuff.

I'm a master of extended fasting, so much so it frightens people who know me. For me, dieting is never a problem. If I need to drop a lot of weight quickly, I can do it.

But big ups on dieting and exercise together. When I'm pushing my cardio limits, I make sure to fuel up.

I ran 8 miles on Thursday. My knees haven't quite forgiven me and I'm just now getting over the chest pain from that. Friday night I ate veggie pizza (homemade, not ordered out) with spinach, bell peppers, and onions. I fasted until sunset on Saturday but spent about 3 hours mowing the lawn (1 acre, walk-behind mower, 24-inch deck). Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I ran yesterday for 20 minutes. Leftovers for lunch, grilled chicken legs for dinner, probably 3 cups of orange juice. Today I'll resume my normal workout routine--3.25 miles on an arc trainer, 10 laps around a 25-yard pool, easy 1 mile walk on the track, and an easy run-walk with my running buddy when she gets off work. I'll eat oatmeal for breakfast, skip lunch, and I'm hoping for a vegetarian dinner tonight.

This week is going to be calorie-heavy since tomorrow night is "family night," usually going to our fav Mexican restaurant. So I may do a preemptive fast to offset that.

But, yeah...monitor intake, get the cardio up, and get some strength training in and you can really shed some pounds. When the pool closes, I'm going to start doing upper body work. I'm not looking forward to it, but it's time.

Last word on cardio: When you start, even just a little bit, it's going to hurt. When I started on the arc trainer, my breathing was a mess, I was sweating gallons, my heart was skipping beats, my chest hurt like everyone says when you're having a heart attack. I still sweat gallons. But when I alternated that with freestyle swimming, it forced me to control my breathing. I can do faster workouts on the arc, get my heart rate way up without any pain. Plus the arc helped correct my running posture, which meant when I go outside and hit the asphalt, I can run longer and farther without my knees screaming at me.

Oh, and I just started doing this back in June.

It might take you a lot longer to really get things going. I started training for my first 5k about this time last year. Even after I finished the program and ran my first ever race at 38 yo, I still thought I was going to die before the finish line.

NOW I run 5k 3 or 4 days a WEEK. And I've got a race coming up at the end of October. On top of that, I'm training for my first 10k in December. My running buddy is pushing for a half marathon next year, but I don't see it realistically happening. I've been wrong before, though, lol, and she is quite stubborn!

Give it 1-2 years and see how you feel after that. The only firm rule in cardio training is BE CONSISTENT and don't neglect your recovery. You can do it!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 10:24 pm

sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Yes, a 29 year old can date a 19 year old. Nothing strange about that at all, especially not here in the Netherlands.

Lucky. In the USA it's seen as social unacceptable as even seen in this thread. It's assumed the 19 is a child's mind still and so must be being taken advantage of. Atleast if it's a woman. Odd twist most people think it's ok for a 30'old woman to sex with a 14 old boy cause the boy is old enough to know what he wants but a 20 old woman isn't. 0.o

I don't think that most people think it's ok for a 30 year old woman to have sex with a 14 year old boy. I've heard men comment how lucky the boy is because they could only dream about having sex with someone with breasts at that age, however the desire of a 14 year old boy to have sex doesn't make it right for a 30 year old woman to have sex with him, because the actions on the part of the woman are exploitative, not in the child's best interest, and there is often a power differential between the two, with the woman in a position of authority over the boy. These women are predators no different than 30 year old men who have sex with 14 year old girls.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2017, 11:10 pm

My 2nd girlfriend was 19 when I was 28. We met on this forum. Part of the reason our relationship didn't work is because she was dependent on her parents to help pay for college & they wanted things on their terms. I was willing to work with them but it was frustrating for both of us & we were long distance. That girl your taking about sly may be dependent on her parents too & if she is youd'd both have to make sure you try & work with their terms if they have any. My 2nd exes parents were more controlling than lots thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm

it really varies. in probably 90% of cases, the answer is a hard no.

first, you have to think about where you were when you were 19. what were your ambitions and goals? what did you want in a partner? what was your mental state like? because the majority of us, had no good answers to those questions. at 19, we're discovering the independent adult world for the first time. and you're 10 whole years ahead of this person. at 29, you should have your life mapped out to some extent, where you live, who you are, what your long term goals are, and if you don't, you probably aren't very mature - and that's probably why you're even open to the idea of dating a teenager to begin with. because if you had those things, you wouldn't be interested at all in someone who's just learning to be an adult.

while it's possible for someone to be mature at 19, that's just for their time - maybe they've experienced more or are on a good track in life. that's awesome, but you still have 11 years of experience in the adult world, and they barely have 1. they might not know what a real, loving, committed relationship requires or entails.

however, you're both still technically adults, so, have at it. just ask yourself, why would you want to date someone who's 19? i'll bet you 9 times out of 10, the answer is "i'm lonely" or "i just want to have coitus" and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just important you be honest with yourself so you don't end up with a broken heart. it is very possible that the age difference can be ignored, you each find what you want in each other and be happy. it just isn't that likely. remember - who you were at 19 vs 29, is likely very different.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:48 pm

I’m very much the same I was as 19 except less naive about credits , women and “Love”

I’m a loser. That’s clear I don’t have my life together and won’t ever have it together and this women 23+ won’t touch me with a 100 foot pole.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:54 pm

^ In that case you and her both have the same level of maturity. Did you ask her out yet?

Cat23
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2017, 12:38 am

I’m with RetroGamer ask her out! It’s 10 years I dated a 29year old at 19 it didn’t work out but that was because he was a pot head not cause of his age.

Now if we’re convinced u it’s where to ask her to... and if u can do it without looking like an idiot if she says no cause u have to work with her so we gotta be clued in here

Trivia maybe? Mixes alcohol with someone else making a 3rd of the conversation?

Last edited by Cat23 on 15 Nov 2017, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 12:45 am

Well Sly's not a pothead so he already has a big advantage over your ex!

Cat23
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2017, 1:08 am

True true! Anyway I’m pretty sure 10 years is nothing 29 to 39 is normal... 49 to 59, 89 to 99 all pretty normal...

but if the woman was older that’s not so normal but still ok just a bit unusual.

Unless their a Phillipino and which case back to normal :D