Trying to get a portion of my inheritance.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 2:47 am

As you know, my brother's death came recently :( , and completely as a suprise. I can get some things of his, his pictures and other memorabilia for one, and also, more of potential material value, many many Books-Publications and CDs and DVDs (BCD) which I would send him for his birthday and Christmas and sometimes at another time.
The memorabilia is very precious to me but not of any value financially speaking, while the many BCD, aside from the value of their pleasure/entertainment, might have a bit of financial value to sell!
I am now thinking that, in order to ensure the safety of the memoribilia, make sure that it reaches me and is not thrown away, I should try to sell the of some identifiable BCD. While I have imagined playing them myself, I am homeless in a shelter and have no CD or disc player whatsoever and even if I could afford both really would have no place to put them.
If I could sell the BCD I could get some cash, which maybe could help me set up some place to store the memoribilia as well as maybe helping me with other things, possibly.........Even, possibly, the involvement of another person might lessen the possibly of the person at my brother's group home throwing everything away :cry: . I have not contacted her for a couple-ish days and I have not told her that I am homeless and exactly how poor I am.
Certainly it would be horrible to have them all thrown away and the BCD are an actual financial asset I could sell and turn into needed cash. I hope that some WP person might wish to buy the BCD for much, much, less than what I paid for them, they are good, I will describe them later. If you are interested, we could discuss it further via PM 8O .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 5:41 am

....I went to Amazon to try and look up those among the BAD that I bought from Amazon (many of them), but couldn't get into Amazon on this phone.
Saving those pics/memorabilia is especially i.portant to me - because I have not had any pictures whatsoever of my brother, my parents, my old places to live (back when I had one :o ) for many, many, years! :cry: To put it briefly, in 2001, after being evicted from an apartment here. I placed my possessions from there, both " stuff " ( books, old comic books. CDs, etc.) and my memorabilia- pictures, family scrapbook - in storage with someone, but things happened, and they were junked somwhere, I guess, I have never seen them again 16 years hence :cry: ! I have seen no images of my past since then, it is all gone from me.
The fact is, when I planned the trip to see my brother that I wanted to do for so many years, and never could do- and now, it will never be, ever :cry: - I planned to make copies of my brother's pictures, so that I would have copies for myself. Now, this is likely the last chance I will ever have to obtain pictures of my family and my past. I HAVE NOTHING. PLEASE. :o

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 6:20 am

...I just lost another installment through a.misplaced thumb :cry: . I'm sleepy and it's cold and I've been having bathroom problems, in this shelter common room at 4:20 AM :( .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 7:00 am

Sounds like a difficult situation dude , I'm not sure theres a huge resale value in DVD's , perhaps you should look on eBay for current value of 2nd hand DVD's to gauge an average price. Couldn't you get all the personal items you need i.e. photo's and other items that remind you of your brother then get a house clearance company to give you a price for everything else , it will be far less than if you sold the items separately but it's a lot less stressful - just an idea.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:09 am

If you have cash, this may be an option. Storing items of real value to you could be cheap if you only require a minimum of space. Ask around, and if they cannot help you, maby you can be pointed in the right direction.

Self storage, San Fransisco

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:35 pm

...Thank you. However, I do not have an account with EBay, and I want to sell them all as one package, not individually. I do not have the cash to pay for such a storage space as that.
Even the hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of cash and things that were stolen and otherwise taken from me in these last months, seven hundred dollars and that's not even counting the value of the clothes that were taken as well, the non- availability of that is a strong negative factor with me. If I had that taken money now, that would make a difference, for one.
I am trying to sell the BCD as negotiable assets that I now cannot use, and which could get me some desperately needed cash :( .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:48 pm

...I do not have a CD or disc player of any kind, I am simply too poor to afford either, really, and I couldn't afford to buy new CDs and DVDs if I did and I, confined in anything I may own to the space of one bed + drawer underneath it, would have no place to keep them either. I suppose I could die soon if my brother, close to a twin to me, died while having a secure place to live, warm, with caregivers around at all times, would die. I may never own a CD or DVD player ever again for as long as I live, the discs are of no use to me now, I desperately, again, need the funds I could get from them. Eve. I die soon, I'd like to see those pix, the memoribilia, before I die. Please, won't somebody help me :cry: ?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm

...The BAD are my only negotiable asset, really, and I cannot use them and I am trying to jettison them cheap to get me some DESPERATELY needed cash :cry: .

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm

I don't think you'll get any takers, I don't even have CDs or DVDs anymore, everyone streams movies and music now.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:16 pm

ASS-P wrote:
As you know, my brother's death came recently :( , and completely as a suprise. I can get some things of his, his pictures and other memorabilia for one, and also, more of potential material value, many many Books-Publications and CDs and DVDs (BCD) which I would send him for his birthday and Christmas and sometimes at another time.
The memorabilia is very precious to me but not of any value financially speaking, while the many BCD, aside from the value of their pleasure/entertainment, might have a bit of financial value to sell!
I am now thinking that, in order to ensure the safety of the memoribilia, make sure that it reaches me and is not thrown away, I should try to sell the of some identifiable BCD. While I have imagined playing them myself, I am homeless in a shelter and have no CD or disc player whatsoever and even if I could afford both really would have no place to put them.
If I could sell the BCD I could get some cash, which maybe could help me set up some place to store the memoribilia as well as maybe helping me with other things, possibly.........Even, possibly, the involvement of another person might lessen the possibly of the person at my brother's group home throwing everything away :cry: . I have not contacted her for a couple-ish days and I have not told her that I am homeless and exactly how poor I am.
Certainly it would be horrible to have them all thrown away and the BCD are an actual financial asset I could sell and turn into needed cash. I hope that some WP person might wish to buy the BCD for much, much, less than what I paid for them, they are good, I will describe them later. If you are interested, we could discuss it further via PM 8O .

First, I'm not sure from this post if you even have possession of these items. Second, used CDs and DVDs are not worth much on the secondary market. The market is flooded and now a days people get this stuff online.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 3:32 am

...I received an E-mail of an inventory of what he had that is in the gh's storage of his things (So, as that brings up DH's inquiry, no, I do not have them. I would have no place to put them now :( .), but I will not discuss that for now, as what shook me up was the one picture of him they had on file which they sent as an e-mail after I asked for any such which they had-He looked AWFUL! :cry:
I presume it was a late picture, I had thought he might have that "little-old-retarded-man " look to him and be quite fat...Well, he seemed fairly thin...ish...But, the point is that his face loomed AWFUL! :cry: Really, and though I hesitate to use this phrase, like a concentrayion csmp victim, I thought that first.
Of course, he had been ill enough to die.. And I never saw him, all these years (and not because I didn't want to) :cry: ...I don't think??
I even had any pictures after 2001 :cry: ! Maybe I'm trying to fond something "noble " to cry about :cry:....................

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:06 am

...The thing is, the head of my Bruh looks SQUEEZED! :cry: Maybe he wasnt, literally, that thin...but maybe he lost weight in his head? And, the look in his eyes :cry: ...Maybe I'm trying to sound " nice ", but...............................

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:34 pm

...The list of what I bought him at Amazon shows classic comic-strip book collections, Little Golden Books/similar, DVDs of animated films and "
baby-boomer favorite classic Hollywood movies " (Meaning the type of old movies that 60s/70s TV used to show.), CDs of oldies, classic rock, musical cast albums...and more!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:05 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...The thing is, the head of my Bruh looks SQUEEZED! :cry: Maybe he wasnt, literally, that thin...but maybe he lost weight in his head? And, the look in his eyes :cry: ...Maybe I'm trying to sound " nice ", but...............................

Sounds to me like your just dealing with grief dude , it affects everyone differently , is there anyone you can talk to about it , it sometimes useful (so I've heard)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:36 pm

...PLEASE someone, help me get my photos/memoribilia back! They're all I have :cry: .

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:35 pm

I hope you get your stuff. You deserve something good in your life.