Anybody here like history/watching documentaries?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 3:38 pm

Hi, I am on the autistic spectrum, and I am trying to look for people who like history and maybe watching documentaries. I haven't found a lot of people who like this kind of subject, so I figured I would post a thread like this on the forums to see if there are others (which I know there are) that like history.

Thanks! :)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on August 10, 2017)

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2017, 8:05 pm

*Raises hand* I DO! I DO! I DO!

especially documentaries relating to historical warfare.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

adriantesq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2017, 12:06 am

I was born into a dynastic bloodline of autie/aspies which originated in the Indus Valley civilisation of south west Asia, and travelled westwards into Saudi Arabia/ Ethiopia in north east Africa, and then northwards to Egypt, Israel, Greece, Rome, Scandinavia, and France, to finally settle in England and Wales, in the C10th, and, from there, using England and Wales as its base-camp birth place, conquered and colonised half of the inhabitable land surface of the earth by the early C20th.

I’m speaking of the bloodline of William the Conqueror, who founded the County Surveyors Society upon his coronation as King, which was on Christmas Day, 25th December, 1066, at Westminster Abbey, in London, the capital city of England.

I know this as I was a member of the Society, from my birth, to its demise, on 31st March 1997. Its demise was a statutory obligation placed on the United Kingdom by the United Nations World Health Organisation in 1992, to set up systems of identifying and treating all autie/aspies resident in the UK by the end of 1994, and remove all from holding government posts by the end of 1997.

It destroyed my job and the jobs of about another 400 like me. I was a senior member of the society at the time, as Chief Instructor of its Savantism and Pedagogy of Suicide Avoidance and Prevention, because we auties / aspies are very prone to suicide ideations and attempts when under stress, so I volunteered to be their chief negotiator with the government, to secure satisfactory terms and conditions for its members to agree to the winding up of the society as the government requested.

I then stayed on until my official retirement at age 65, on 21st March 2010, upon the behest of the members, the government, and the UN, to sew up all the loose ends.

These arrangements were all subject to the Official Secrets Acts 1911-89, so I was unable to publish memoirs of my life and work until 25 years had elapsed from the appointed date of the 1989 Act, that is, until 12th May 2014, so, my memoirs went viral in the UK the night I published them, taking amazon.co.uk bestseller slots #1, #2, #4 and #5 by breakfast time, and global by breakfast time, a week later, in the same bestseller slots on amazon.com, and the rest is history, as people say.

adriantesq - Born 1945, diagnosed as Savant 1949, Autist 1950, Unfulfilled musical genius 1953, Autistic Psychopath 1960, Aspie 1994, appointed as the County Surveyors Society Chief Instructor Suicide Avoidance and Prevention in 1995, became Amazon Best Selling Author in Biographies and Memoirs of Childhood Autism and Asperger's Syndrome 2014, and Ambassador for Autie and Aspie Students of Energime University 2016.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 3:46 am

What kind of documentaries of you watch?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 6:04 am

I'm not an active watcher of documentaries, but I do like to watch the occasional music documentary. I especially like "making of" documentaries.

Welcome to WP. :D

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 6:21 am

I love watching documentaries it's the greater portion of my TV show watching habits. I scour the TV listings for all kinds -- history, wildlife, biology, natural history, some crime cases -- I love to find out about something I didn't know about before.

I do also enjoy fictional TV and fictional films, but my non-fiction documentary intake probably exceeds my fictional TV watching.

I'm the same with reading material -- while I do read fiction, my greater portion of reading and the greater portion of my bookshelf space is non-fiction.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 1:27 pm

Raleigh wrote:
What kind of documentaries of you watch?

I watch documentaries about history in general, and also some documentaries on music genres.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:23 pm

I also watch a lot of documentaries. It's almost all I watch on TV. :D

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:07 am

I also forgot to mention that if you want to talk about history with me, you can PM me, and we can talk about it anytime! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 3:26 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

I'm a fan of The Qatsi Trilogy and The Up Series.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2017, 7:25 am

Yeah, history documentary lover here.
Perhaps we can all exchange some of our favourite documentaries here, and share our thoughts on them?

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:47 pm

Sure! I can share some documentaries will all of you guys, since you might be wondering what kind of taste I have for documentaries. Hopefully this will give you a little picture of what I might like. :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:38 pm

I watched a documentary series about cats today.

North1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

I like documentaries. Anything with David Attenborough trends to be top class. 8)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:00 pm

I do enjoy a good history documentary :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

I love history documentaries, among other subjects. :D