Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

People have begged me to be skinny for long enough. Now I'm scared to eat in front of people. I also think about making myself puke a lot. My cholesterol is high and I'm working on losing weight but I'm sick of people who aren't even doctors who push me to be super skinny.

I used to feel like I was worthy of happiness but now I'm thinking about vomiting and making myself nauseous on purpose (thinking about stuff that's gross in my opinion). I can't tell a therapist because they'll either agree with these people who aren't doctors or give me "strategies" that make me feel even worse about myself.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 11 Aug 2017, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 11:29 am

If you make yourself vomit, it will screw up your teeth.

Not worth it.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 11:55 am

^I agree. An eating disorder will make everything more difficult long term.
Maybe you could talk with a therapist about the pressure you feel and focus more so on your self esteem/mental wellbeing and less so on your physical wellness which you are already working on.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:51 pm

You do not want to go down that road.

Focus on what you want to do for yourself. And if your therapist is intentionally shaming you, replace the therapist.

After all, their lives are not your life. Your life is your own possession. If others refuse to see the value in it, then seek out people who know where you come from and f**k the haters.

I have seen what eating disorders can do to a person. I wish that upon nobody, not even my fiercest enemies. You deserve better than that. Seriously.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 12:22 am

You will lose weight when you are ready... when you've gotten whatever else you need to get in order in order. And you don't have to be super skinny, just a healthy size. I'm in the same boat, overweight too, and my parents (including my mom who's just as overweight as me) are making me feel like I'm ugly at this weight; telling me I'd look so much better if I was skinny. I don't need that... I need them to want me healthy, not skinny for looks as though I'm ugly now. They make me feel so ugly!! My ignoring them is backfiring; it's making them think I'm a harder nut to crack so they lay it on thicker.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 8:11 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
You will lose weight when you are ready... when you've gotten whatever else you need to get in order in order. And you don't have to be super skinny, just a healthy size. I'm in the same boat, overweight too, and my parents (including my mom who's just as overweight as me) are making me feel like I'm ugly at this weight; telling me I'd look so much better if I was skinny. I don't need that... I need them to want me healthy, not skinny for looks as though I'm ugly now. They make me feel so ugly!! My ignoring them is backfiring; it's making them think I'm a harder nut to crack so they lay it on thicker.

Their idea of healthy is super skinny. I can't take the pressure anymore. I want to be known for more than that, the whole fat to thin deal. My idea of success isn't based on looks.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 8:22 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

Their idea of healthy is super skinny. I can't take the pressure anymore. I just want to feel like my destiny is to be some weight loss success story. My idea of success isn't based on looks.

I second the notion about getting a therapist to help you on this. Mine doesn't tell me I need to be super skinny to be healthy, just get to a healthy weight.