Social security review Monday and I'm worried

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:44 pm

You'll probably pass, Sly. They haven't fired you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You'll probably pass, Sly. They haven't fired you.

They warned me last year though. Everyone else passes I'm the only one people at work knew of to fail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:10 pm

You're not doing the credit cards, so you'll pass.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Aug 2017, 5:19 am

What do you mean by being able to miss 3 days in 6 months? Isn't there a set amount of permissible paid sick leave and vacation leave (usually about 15-21 days per year) and a sick leave system where you have to produce a doctor's note?

Glad you don't have to process the cards anymore.

I think you'll be OK given your experience. They'd have to spend time and effort training someone new if you left.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

I'm still disabled, but housing failed us over stupid stuff. Like not having things that cover the place in doorways where two carpets meet, not having a carbon monoxide detector even though we don't have gas lines, and my moms tubs of fabric all over the house.:/

Their job is to ensure the house they help pay for is safe and up to code. Yet they nick picked us on living habits which have nothing to do with that. Like rich people being judgemental of poor people's food. Like they want us to remeove all our furniture cause having a couch against the wall could cause mold 0.o everyone puts furniture against walls or hangs pictures. It's ridiculous.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Sep 2017, 1:31 pm

Sounds like they go overboard. They wouldn't be so particular here.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 8:18 am

Wow,they are really nitpicky.A friend was renting a HUD house here and all the inspector told her was she couldn't have a ventless gas heater.She fixed that problem by removing it off the wall before the next inspection and then putting it back afterwards.He never looked in the fridge or said anything about the furniture.She had a back room just packed with art supplies,material and other craft projects.This had been several years ago,maybe they've toughened the rules up.
Sorry you have someone poking around your home,that's just so stressful.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Wow,they are really nitpicky.A friend was renting a HUD house here and all the inspector told her was she couldn't have a ventless gas heater.She fixed that problem by removing it off the wall before the next inspection and then putting it back afterwards.He never looked in the fridge or said anything about the furniture.She had a back room just packed with art supplies,material and other craft projects.This had been several years ago,maybe they've toughened the rules up.
Sorry you have someone poking around your home,that's just so stressful.

They're coming out again on Friday 22 I guess. And the landlord wants to come out too cause of their letter. They said my moms tubs of fabric is somehow the landlords responsibility 0.o. They also requested if we could remove our furniture so they can inspect the walls. Oh and the co dectector was required years ago. But they never said anything in past few years inspections. Apparently they change things and don't inform you they've changed. Apparently they lady was upset cause she's big and had uncomfortable time getting thru some areas.

So i dont know may end up homeless. Feels like hud is just trying to keep people off so they can lower the budget. Past few years lady would come out and just ask if anything was wrong, breifely walk the house and leave. Under 5 mins.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:35 pm

They are really "putting you through the ringer."

I'm sorry you have to go through this.