Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm

It seems no matter what I do, I can't hide the fact that I'm crazy. Things I think of doing that I don't seem to be perceived as crazy are and I can't hide it. I feel so uncomfortable alone, like I want to get out of the house and do things and meet people and have friends. I feel so miserable. When I read a book or something, I can't focus because I feel so much anguish I feel like crying when I want to study. It is such a struggle, I want that love for learning back, I want a friendly positive attitude, I want to be more honest instead of lying to save face or have people have a better impression of me. It is so aggravating that I am having so much trouble figuring out how to be normal, I don't want to live with this anguish.

Nuthatchnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2017, 1:55 pm

I'm trying not to hide the crazy anymore. It seems to me that people are more put off by my trying-to-act-normal-but-failing-me than they are by my yes-I-am-weird-deal-with-it-me.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 2:34 pm

It could be that when you try to act "normal," people think you are a psychopath, which is even worse than being weird.

Most people have to deal with weird relatives.

mathiebrungrand
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2017, 9:30 am

Its true; trying to act "normal" makes things worse. You're trying to be something you're not, and people will pick up on that.

Any weirdos around you? Might be better to try and find some misfits so you can be comfortable.

Hang in there; there are plenty of us out there.

Greeneyez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2017, 11:02 am

I love this thread. This thought is at the edge of my mind every day!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

Everybody thinks I'm nuts; what can you do? (shrug)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

I'm sure people think I'm crazy. What normal person would think of writing the life story of a Russian born tennis player who competes for Uzbekistan? What normal person writes a fan letter to Denis Istomin and calls herself IstominFan on the Internet?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:39 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I'm sure people think I'm crazy. What normal person would think of writing the life story of a Russian born tennis player who competes for Uzbekistan? What normal person writes a fan letter to Denis Istomin and calls herself IstominFan on the Internet?

What normal person carries around a weird plastic squid everywhere? What normal person dreams of meeting Stampy and knows more about Stampy than most people? What is normal, again? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

All of the above might be "abnormal"

But to call them "crazy," without "crazy" types of behavior, is "crazy" to me.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

I agree, Kraftiekortie!

Such behavior is called "atypical," but "crazy" is something else altogether.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Haha :D ! It's almost like I have a fear of going crazy or something! (Irony/joke)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:52 pm

StampySquiddyFan,

That was a fear of mine when I was younger. I had nightmares about being in the hospital.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

IstominFan wrote:
StampySquiddyFan,

That was a fear of mine when I was younger. I had nightmares about being in the hospital.

It's what my OCD centers around. It can get pretty disturbing at times! At least I am able to get through it. It's almost like diving under water and hardly ever coming up for air. When I do come up for air (finally find relief) it is the best feeling in the world. Too bad that hardly ever happens :) !

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

(((StampySquiddyFan)))

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:40 pm

Thanks IstominFan! :D

Hugs back!