Deadly violence at white nationalist demonstration

Page 7 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:49 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I think this post will be too much for his brain to comprehend due to his white guilt and sh***y reading comprehension.

I definitely hear what you're saying----and, would agree with you, if it were almost anybody, other than cyberdad. One thing I've got to say, in his defense, is that he can, at least, admit when he's wrong, or has over-thought something, or whatever----and, I believe it's sincere (NOT like the many narcissists on here, who only say things like that, to be throwing someone a bone).

Plus I'm a fan of Lucy Lawless

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems when blatant racism in the UK, Canada and Australia gets pointed out, it's quickly glossed over.

When blatant racism is pointed out in any demographic except the targeted one, it's quickly glossed over.

Only racism among white conservative Americans gets assessed to the point of over exaggeration where all are ultimately viewed as being nazis.

However, it's completely ridiculous for white conservative Americans to think anyone wants to do away with them.

How is calling right wing racists Nazis in any way an exaggeration?

Because it's applied so liberally with such a broad brush.

Really what it comes down to is, unless someone a leftist liberal, then they're nazi/kkk or might as well be.

I don't think many liberals think all Republicans are racists. But it is undeniable that since the days of Nixon and Reagan, the GOP has gone out out of its way to lure racists into their ranks. Even to the point of embracing obvious racist policies, such as race based voter suppression on the pretext of fighting voter fraud. Or rolling back civil rights legislation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't think many liberals think all Republicans are racists. But it is undeniable that since the days of Nixon and Reagan, the GOP has gone out out of its way to lure racists into their ranks. Even to the point of embracing obvious racist policies, such as race based voter suppression on the pretext of fighting voter fraud. Or rolling back civil rights legislation.

I think it's fair that most republicans are tolerant of intolerance in segments of their support base

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 11:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems when blatant racism in the UK, Canada and Australia gets pointed out, it's quickly glossed over.

When blatant racism is pointed out in any demographic except the targeted one, it's quickly glossed over.

Only racism among white conservative Americans gets assessed to the point of over exaggeration where all are ultimately viewed as being nazis.

However, it's completely ridiculous for white conservative Americans to think anyone wants to do away with them.

How is calling right wing racists Nazis in any way an exaggeration?

Because it's applied so liberally with such a broad brush.

Really what it comes down to is, unless someone a leftist liberal, then they're nazi/kkk or might as well be.

Or maybe when people are chanting heil Trump and giving the nazi salute and brandishing torches during a rally it is a pretty clear sign they don't have an issue with things like Nazism/KKK. I certainly don't think anyone who's not a liberal is a nazi...but when said people do things like that then yeah I think it is safe to assume at least those ones are affiliated with neo-nazi ideology.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2017, 4:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
No such thing

If "white guilt" didn't exist there wouldn't be people flogging themselves (figuratively speaking, though I'm sure you can find literal cases :lol: ) for the sins of their ancestors. Obviously it's a thing.

I mean, how else would you explain those white people who constantly go on about white privilege and how it's your responsibility to do so too because you share their skin color?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:48 am

xDominiel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
No such thing

If "white guilt" didn't exist there wouldn't be people flogging themselves (figuratively speaking, though I'm sure you can find literal cases :lol: ) for the sins of their ancestors. Obviously it's a thing.

I mean, how else would you explain those white people who constantly go on about white privilege and how it's your responsibility to do so too because you share their skin color?

I'm not guilty for being white.

I'm white. What does that mean? It means my ancestors were Europeans. That's about it.

Of course, there are plenty of other crackers out there who think that being white makes you hot s**t. Many of them are cops.

By the way, it's okay to use the word "cracker" because not all white people are crackers. Didn't Chris Rock say something about that? :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:18 pm

xDominiel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
No such thing

I'm not sure if you were alluding to original sin. Christians do generically flog themselves during prayer over the "sins of their forefathers" but that's another story

I really hope people of European stock wake up and smell the roses. Being "white" based on loosely (and flimsy) associations linked to concentration of melanin in one's skin is invoking colonial European divisions that should have been chucked when we had the United Nations. SO called "white guilt" is a projection based on personal insecurities about identity which is why identity politics makes things easy. It's why a European person from England or France can step off in New York and be a "legal alien" because they meet the skin color requirement (cue for Sting's Englishman in New York song)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:21 pm

White Europeans might not be as scrutinized as people of other races when it comes to their immigration status.

But...if they are found to be here illegally, and their visa expired, they could potentially be booted out, too.

Many people of other races are here illegally, and are not booted out of the country. As long as you don't commit a criminal act, it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't be deported. You have many "civil disabilities," though, as an illegal alien.

Whether you're white or black or whatever.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
White Europeans might not be as scrutinized as people of other races when it comes to their immigration status.

But...if they are found to be here illegally, and their visa expired, they could potentially be booted out, too.

Many people of other races are here illegally, and are not booted out of the country. As long as you don't commit a criminal act, it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't be deported. You have many "civil disabilities," though, as an illegal alien.

Whether you're white or black or whatever.

Sting's song eloquently articulates how easy it is for a foreigner from the "mother country" to assimilate seamlessly into the New York environment. There is a deeper level than simply visa issues.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:26 am

If they have family or friends to take care of them...yes, they can seamlessly assimilate. The family becomes their "social security."

This happens quite a bit, actually, among immigrants from India and other Asian countries....perhaps even more than among people from European countries.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:20 am

Yes but Asian migrants integrate into their community rather than into "mainstream America"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_Off_the_Boat

Unfortunately

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

Also of note if you're parading around Nazi swastikas and a Confederate flag you're just a loser seeing as how both those groups faced humiliating defeats. Since the enlightenment the citizens of the west have consistently fought for more rights from their governments and societies, not less, and that's why those two groups will continue to lose out well into the future.

As for the confederate flag being some symbol of southern heritage well let's look at some of that heritage: 1. thinks people should be property of powerful elites: check, 2. militias that would fire a shot and run away in the Revolutionary War: check, 3. after the revolution made arguments for a monarchy: check, 4. took up arms against their country when they didn't get their way through democracy: check. Slaveholder is actually one of the least disgusting aspects of southern heritage, the cowardice, support of feudalism, and of course back-stabbing traitorous mentally are actually worse.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:40 am

I'm usually not a huge Ben Shapiro fan, he's always seemed a bit strident and dogmatic on certain things, but I think he might be offering a pretty good analysis of how things have been getting blurred and how Milo might have played a hand in making the alt-right just sound like it was a 'young right' or a more libertarian rather than neoconservative/globalist right. Thankfully coverage of this past weekend might be putting that confusion to rest:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:29 am

Perhaps the "immediate" immigrants don't assimilate all that much into the overall fabric of their adopted country.

However, their kids assimilate quite well. Almost to a fault, sometimes.

This has been happening in the US since at least the 19th century.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:42 am

xDominiel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
No such thing

I'm very left-leaning, but I'd rather call myself a racist than sweat bullets for the white guilt crowd, that's just a load of nonsense.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:03 am

Also, why are so many right wingers pissed off about Confederate statues being removed, I thought they were against participation trophies...