Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:43 pm

But why was he in his car near the protests? You would think he would try to find a parking space, and protest along with his buddies.

Unless he accidentally got into the throes of the protest somehow.

And why did the protestors attack the car in that way? Was there some sort of provocative action on the driver's part?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But why was he in his car near the protests? You would think he would try to find a parking space, and protest along with his buddies.

And why did the protestors attack the car in that way?:

I don't think anyone would consider it a valid excuse, even if he had parked his car right in the vicinity.

The thing that bothers me though is we already don't have a responsible media and that problem ends up getting amplified all the more when this is a collection of everything that short-circuits their rationality and pushes every political buttons. The guy's clearly a murder and belongs in jail, just that I don't think we're going to see any resolution or true-up of narratives. If it did turn out that he was under attack it would be aggrevated manslaughter,
if it were pre-meditated then there'd be strong grounds for calling this a domestic terrorist act. As far as the rally break-up one side says that the neo-nazis and white supremacists showed up and were violent from the start, the other side says they showed up unarmed, even told their security detail to leave when they were being forced out of the park because they were planning civil disobedience and arrest - they got pepper-sprayed instead.

I really want to find video of the shield-wall pushing the Alt-Right out of the park, if I can see that I can at least vet whether what they said about being shoved, by the police, into ANTIFA, is correct. Otherwise this might be an irresolveble he-said-she-said, which is a pretty messed up state of affairs considering just how many people had phone video rolling or drones flying in the area.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:09 pm

It's always confusing in a protest situation. There's always a "he said/she said" elements to these things.

That's why I find it amazing that more people, over the years, haven't been killed by "friendly" fire.

We shall see what evidence reveals itself over the coming days. Hopefully, it's of a video, unequivocal, no-doubt nature.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

And why did the protestors attack the car in that way? Was there some sort of provocative action on the driver's part?

If the car had been parked nearby the scene of the crime, instead of safely blocks away, I think it could be argued that this action was premeditated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

It can be argued thus, yes. It's common sense, really.

Why would one want to drive or park near the scene of a violent protest---where the risk of the car being damaged somehow is great?