Trump avoiding criticism of white supremacists

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:07 am

The Washington Post editorial is one of many in major news outlets questioning the president’s response to the shocking violence and scenes of people waving Nazi flags.
“Trump knows what was at work on those streets and who was behind it,” it read.
“As well he should. They are some of the same forces that helped to put him in the White House. On hand giving the clan of white nationalists a verbal boost was former Ku Klux Klan leader and pre-eminent white nationalist David Duke.
“That was your crowd down there in Old Virginia, Donald Trump. They were speaking your language, vomiting your sentiments, acting out what animates you from within.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... c73fe0d9a1

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:22 am

This is nothing new.

The standard conservative rhetoric goes like this: "The Nazis were leftists and right-wing racism isn't real."

They just keep saying this, hoping it will one day be true.

They were doing this many years ago. I was using this site back in 2011. One time, I lashed out at a user here who was obviously a white nationalist. The conservatives here defended him and attacked me.

See no white nationalism.
Hear no white nationalism.
Speak no white nationalism.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:40 am

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

Yeah but he just cant identify "white nationalists" even his own party are disowning him
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 29948c61cd

Probably doesn't want to offend his backers in the white community

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2017, 5:42 pm

Thats is the best he can do? The man is a fraud and a coward.

BBC: Radio 4

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

An unnamed WH spokesliar has modified the statement to add, including white nationalists and white supremacists.

Like, since some people feel like racism even exists...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

Voxish wrote:
Thats is the best he can do? The man is a fraud and a coward.

This is his first go-around as a politician so he hasn't learned the critical skill of whipping up a batch of tears and showing false comcern over something that he (or any other politician) doesn't really give a rat's ass about. Just appease the simpleminded masses and get them votes come next election.
Besides, it would be hard to top Obama's 2012 "If I had a son he'd look like Treyvon....sob-sniffle-sniffle..." act.

Yep, I'm a bit of a cynic with a mean streak and no plans to change either.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm

Raptor wrote:

Sounds familiar, you have a similar role model leading your country

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Leading the world, actually, which I find very amusing. Well, more accurately it's the 4-8 years of global butthurt being felt that I'm enjoying.

:twisted:

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Leading the world, actually, which I find very amusing. Well, more accurately it's the 4-8 years of global butthurt being felt that I'm enjoying.

Enjoying the pain and suffering of others is called sadism, not cynicism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:44 pm

Trump congratulated by leaders of far right neo-Nazi groups for not calling them out by name

In blog posts that appeared after the violence, the Daily Stormer, a leading white nationalist website that promoted the Charlottesville event, pledged to hold more events “soon”.
“We are going to start doing this non-stop,” the post said. “We are going to go bigger than Charlottesville. We are going to go huge.”
It also earlier praised Mr Trump’s comments.
“Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. ... No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him,” it read.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:50 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Enjoying the pain and suffering of others is called sadism, not cynicism.

No, the word is schadenfreude.

Quote:
scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

Sadism would be if I were inflicting the suffering and enjoying it.

Wait, I did vote for Trump (and will again) so maybe I am guilty as charged.
Whoop-dee-doo
:D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Trump congratulated by leaders of far right neo-Nazi groups for not calling them out by name

In blog posts that appeared after the violence, the Daily Stormer, a leading white nationalist website that promoted the Charlottesville event, pledged to hold more events “soon”.
“We are going to start doing this non-stop,” the post said. “We are going to go bigger than Charlottesville. We are going to go huge.”
It also earlier praised Mr Trump’s comments.
“Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. ... No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him,” it read.

I see the hand of Bannon in this, and possibly of Miller, too. It was also Bannon who had convinced Trump not to mention the Jews during the Holocaust rememberance.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:47 pm

Schadenfreund contains the word friend, so that's not right. I'm for Sadism, or sadism by proxy.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:18 am

you are crazy over there in the USA (some of you)

i am stupid and uneducated but i will say what my impression is.

that kraigchewer chap and cyberdad are insecure people.

everyone wants to hop on the "love train".

the love train is like a vehicle where people can agree that they all agree, and their membership to that train of thought becomes a one eyed and unalterable concretion.

this will sound contentious and i am sure i will get a few rebuttals for this (if anyone bothers to do so), but i have seen mobs of people in australia who gather outside a child abusers place of residence after they have been let out and the most vocal of them are driven by the motive to garner public admiration rather than actually disseminate the matter.

i wonder if the most vocal dissenters and the ones that throw molotov cocktails through the old mans windows are themselves in a "reaction formation" to their own secret guilt.

everyone who is ardently activistic and in "spiritual union" against child abuse is sure that cardinal pel is guilty of whatever charges that have not even been revealed yet.
i agree that anyone who interferes with a child is deserved of no mercy, but i'm not going to stew over it and look for a club i can join to make friends who think the same.

it's the same with trump. it's a common cause where there is a feel good rationale for contributing sentiments to that train of thought.

whatever.
give him his time to sort things out, and i think he will do well.

so he did not specify "white supremacists" in his speech.
but he did condemn the actions of all people involved, and he said "both sides"

pedantic dissemblance of any statement can yield a whole range of different interpretations.

one must take things at face value in the first instance before it is decided fit to be analyzed further, and he said he condemns the situation. that's it.

i do not care how he said it or what he could have said to make it more powerful.

but that sort of rabble behavior is what one would expect in a population so large.

people are aching for another war really.
that's what humans like to do.

it makes for "comradeship" because everyone on each side is united with their brethren in their aim.

it's not happening now, so they are conflating things out of proportion to raise it to a level where they feel like they are in a war.

same with english soccer hooligans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:37 am

b9 wrote:
you are crazy over there in the USA (some of you)

i am stupid and uneducated but i will say what my impression is.

that kraigchewer chap and cyberdad are insecure people.

everyone wants to hop on the "love train".

the love train is like a vehicle where people can agree that they all agree, and their membership to that train of thought becomes a one eyed and unalterable concretion.

this will sound contentious and i am sure i will get a few rebuttals for this (if anyone bothers to do so), but i have seen mobs of people in australia who gather outside a child abusers place of residence after they have been let out and the most vocal of them are driven by the motive to garner public admiration rather than actually disseminate the matter.

i wonder if the most vocal dissenters and the ones that throw molotov cocktails through the old mans windows are themselves in a "reaction formation" to their own secret guilt.

everyone who is ardently activistic and in "spiritual union" against child abuse is sure that cardinal pel is guilty of whatever charges that have not even been revealed yet.
i agree that anyone who interferes with a child is deserved of no mercy, but i'm not going to stew over it and look for a club i can join to make friends who think the same.

it's the same with trump. it's a common cause where there is a feel good rationale for contributing sentiments to that train of thought.

whatever.
give him his time to sort things out, and i think he will do well.

so he did not specify "white supremacists" in his speech.
but he did condemn the actions of all people involved, and he said "both sides"

pedantic dissemblance of any statement can yield a whole range of different interpretations.

one must take things at face value in the first instance before it is decided fit to be analyzed further, and he said he condemns the situation. that's it.

i do not care how he said it or what he could have said to make it more powerful.

but that sort of rabble behavior is what one would expect in a population so large.

people are aching for another war really.
that's what humans like to do.

it makes for "comradeship" because everyone on each side is united with their brethren in their aim.

it's not happening now, so they are conflating things out of proportion to raise it to a level where they feel like they are in a war.

same with english soccer hooligans.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE INSECURE! WHOOOOEEEEE!! !!
By the way, it's Kraichgauer, not Kraigchewer.