I think everybody's unfollowed me on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

Facebook is s**t though, its just a facade. I periodically have complete breaks from it. Also I unfollow anybody who makes me feel bad about my life; friends who became really successful, ex gfs who married etc etc

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
Also I unfollow anybody who makes me feel bad about my life; friends who became really successful

Why not just be happy for them? Maybe one day you might become successful. Obviously if they really rubbed it in everyone's faces then I'd get it, but merely posting about how happy they are that they've got to where they wanna be is understandable, I would if I was in a band and just played a really successful gig or our album had charted or something.

As long as they're not arrogant about it :wink:

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2017, 10:55 pm

A couple questions for the OP (apologies if any of these seem silly, but sometimes it helps)
1. Do you have it set so that all your friends can see your posts?
2. Do any of your friends ever like anything else you post?
It's possible that they're not following you, or that they have the 'top stories' instead of 'most recent' enabled on their facecbook homepage.
One way I've tested this is to post the same thing a few different times, but only to one group of friends at a time, to see who reacts and who doesn't. That got kinda depressing, though.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 12:07 am

I have a few dilemmas with FakeBook. I have never in my entire 60 years on this rock, seen so much vitriol, hatred and bullsh!t from all sides and all walks of life. I have now gotten to the point that, if someone posts something I don't agree with, I hide that post and the origins of that post. (I just wish they had a decent killpost function like the usenet newsreaders of old, since I'm sick and tired of manually hiding posts that are coming from the same sites.). Nowadays, if it isn't people I've known for a while (and I'll hide their posts if it offends me), I stick to basset hounds, bloodhounds, rough/smooth collies, my high school graduating class (Red Lion, PA Class of 1976) and the IUP marching band alumni (I marched under the legendary Dr. Charles Casavant when he began his career at IUP in 1976.)