Why are women so desperate for men?

Page 13 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:36 am

All I do is cardio. I work out on a Cybex
Arc trainer, which is kinda like an elliptical. Keeps the toes in front of the knees. I set the incline to where it's somewhere between a stride and a climb, and I keep enough resistance that it feels more like running on the road. I cover the equivalent of a 5k in just under 50 minutes and I burn 1000 calories. I track my heart rate, too. I push into the 140's at the beginning of the session and work into the 160's close to the end. I'll peak somewhere in the 170's if I'm not paying attention, but the longer I stay there, my chest starts getting tight and I'll have chest pain for days after. That's gotten easier over the last couple of weeks.

I'll run on the road or on the track. I can safely do 3.5 miles in about 35 minutes or less. If my 5k pace is close to 10 minutes (mile), I'm ok with that. I'd like for that to be my 10k pace, but I'm nowhere near ready for that just yet.

On good days, I'll head outside and walk 1 mile for a cool down. I don't usually leave the arc trainer before my heart rate gets under 130 for 2 minutes. I try to hit the track for 3.5 miles later in the afternoon. It's harder to run with the heat and humidity, but I like the conditioning.

I also, weather permitting, hit the pool for 10 laps freestyle, minimal kicking. When the pool closes for the season, I'm gonna start lifting weights to work out my upper body. I'm finding weight training to be a bit intimidating right now. I wouldn't know where to begin! But mainly I want to work my swimming muscles so next year I can start working on speed in the water.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:35 am

Look what happened to this gal due to obsessive 'clean' eating:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Andrewdar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2017, 4:04 pm

(Responding to the OP.)

Women are often conditioned by popular culture into believing that they are worthless if nobody wants them as a girlfriend, especially young women (girls.)

And I think women throughout the ages have been reliant on marriage in order to have a decent life. In some countries even today, and in all countries at some point in history, women have been denied the right to education and lucrative careers. It might boil down to economic security as jobs for men pay more. (I'm female. It ain't easy.)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I'm glad you said 'clean' in ' as you did, because that term was hijacked from bodybuilders and strength trainers. Real clean eating is a diet low in saturated fats, lower in simple carbs, and higher in protein and vegetables. It's not vegan, gluten free, grain free, legume free, GMO free or raw, or even sugar free.

Anyway I'm glad she finally recognized her diet and her adherence to it for what it was...an eating disorder. I don't understand why people prescribe to these fad diets or spend money on books on nutrition which are not written by anyone with actual authority to write them (which is why I'm not rich). The fact of the matter is, as long as one doesn't have a horrendously unbalanced diet, and does not have any health problems, or a predisposition to certain health problems, then they are probably not lacking in anything, won't see a significant improvement in your health if they change their diet, and don't have anything to worry about.

But anyone who does want to change their diet should probably consult with a nutritionist or dietician.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:44 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I'm glad you said 'clean' in ' as you did, because that term was hijacked from bodybuilders and strength trainers. Real clean eating is a diet low in saturated fats, lower in simple carbs, and higher in protein and vegetables. It's not vegan, gluten free, grain free, legume free, GMO free or raw, or even sugar free.

I was confused....I thought even in English the word legumes = vegetables but your post made me find out it isn't.

In french, légumes = vegetables.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Anyway I'm glad she finally recognized her diet and her adherence to it for what it was...an eating disorder. I don't understand why people prescribe to these fad diets or spend money on books on nutrition which are not written by anyone with actual authority to write them (which is why I'm not rich). The fact of the matter is, as long as one doesn't have a horrendously unbalanced diet, and does not have any health problems, or a predisposition to certain health problems, then they are probably not lacking in anything, won't see a significant improvement in your health if they change their diet, and don't have anything to worry about.

But anyone who does want to change their diet should probably consult with a nutritionist or dietician.

Take for example the egg yolk, it has demonized for years by these people you mentioned.

Egg yolk turned out to be a treasure of nutrition.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

Yolk is certainly indispensable for a growing baby bird.

I can't see why it's wrong for people to eat egg yolk.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:23 pm

AngelRho wrote:
In my experience, someone like kara is often a victim of abuse. I don't know if that's really the case, but I strongly suspect it. There are those mean, militant feminists that do it for the attention, those who do it for the same reason we have our own special interests, those who are just looking for a crowd to fit in with, and then the usual run-of-the-mill bullies who just enjoy hurting men.

Girls who aren't abuse victims themselves will take the more intellectual route and try to "school" you in what feminism is "really" about.

I would suggest she's a sociopath, except I'm not used to sociopaths being that emotionally involved. Not like THAT, I mean. No, I'm thinking... she's a victim of abuse herself out to punish us for what a guy or a string of guys did to her.

I'm late to this party, so-to-speak----but, how I ended-up here, was because, like Boo (yakasha) already said, she complained on the "Attention Moderator" thread.....

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking, as well. For some reason, some people don't know how to do anything, but a 1-80----nobody seems to know the definition of "medium", or "middle", anymore, or any other degree (other than 1-80)----I don't get it. I've been "roughed-up", by a guy----and, my way of handling it, was that he never saw me, again (I realize that I was lucky, to be able to do that, and that not all women, are able to walk-away, but)----and, I've had guys be/touch, inappropriately (and WORSE), but I always just thought of it, as "Geez, that guy's a jerk" (never "ALL guys are disgusting").

Also, I know that there are people who LIKE to be victims/play the victim----and, unfortunately, sometimes, joining these kinds of groups (some feminist groups), can cause one to STAY a victim, instead of working on it, from the INside.

As you know, AngelRho, we've had a TON of women pass through here, who are just like this, and as Boo (the Mod) said, they always do EXACTLY what they accuse the men, of doing----and, it just blows-my-mind!!

As for attention-seekers, group seekers, and bullies: Sometimes, ONE person is ALL of those, rolled-into one. Probably the number ONE reason I defend men, so often, is because I'm SICK-AND-TIRED of women abusing men (often, while claiming, all-the-while, that THEY [the woman], was the one being abused). I'm related to THREE women, like that----my 2 older sisters and an aunt----and they were, ALL, attention seekers and bullies, who abused their boyfriends/husbands, and LIED about themselves, being abused (and I've been-around several other women, like that), and then seek-out a group who is gonna say "Awww, poor baby"----AND, they will often LIE about what happened to ANOTHER woman (like, one of my older sisters lied, and said my younger sister was abused by her husband [and she wasn't cuz I asked her, cuz I knew how often that older sister lied about her OWN circumstances]----which prompted me [like it would, alot of people], to say: "Oh dear - I understand, then"). Then the woman who says she's been abused (or, the woman who was said to be abused), gets a "free pass", and no one ever questions her, about what SHE did, cuz that's not PC. The problem with this, is that that enables the woman to stay stuck, right where she is - not learning from her mistakes and repeating them, and not growing.

Now, obviously, not ALL women are like this----and, what is MOST ironic, is that most women who have been really / truly / severely abused, DON'T do a 1-80, and know it's ONLY the one who abused them, who is at fault.

Sidebar: THANK GOD we now have a Mod, back, who reads the WHOLE thread, to see where a problem started, instead of just jumping on the people, who were reported!!

Regarding the OP: Not ALL women, are like that----in fact, I've seen just as many (or more) men, be like that. As we were saying on another thread, it seems that some men seem to "need" women, more than women need men.

Also, I would suggest using the word "some" and "maybe" (ie "some women, maybe..."), a couple of more times, in your posts (no MATTER the topic)----and, not speaking so matter-of-factly----then, IMO, you lower the chances of getting slammed, like you did, by an SJW ('course, that doesn't guarantee, 100%, that you won't get slammed - but, it certainly, IME, increases your chances, of it NOT happening).

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:40 pm

Unfortunately it's the opposite in my experience--women are a lot less desperate for men than the reverse. There are possibly more women than men who complain that they can't live without a relationship, but that just shows that they CAN get a relationship, so they have the luxury of being able to depend on one. If women were truly desperate for men, then there would be some regularly hitting on even the most undesirable men. Whereas, even men who are not overweight or deformed, who are in higher education or working, and who have some sort of talent (even if it isn't one that gets them anywhere in the "real world") often feel invisible.

So, it's not a matter of explaining why that statement is true, it's a matter of why women ACT as though it's true even though it isn't.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:41 pm

There's a lot more men who complain about being single and lonely on the internet than women.

Some women have told.me that's because they complain to their friends about it (and i guess its the opposite for us men, if i ever mention feeling lonely im quickly brushed off and the topic changes so I don't do it anymore)

But still is strange why there's such a disparity.

I know this website has.more.males than females but many of the women here have said they are perfectly content being single while we all know there's a lot of young and middle aged men here constantly complaining were alone.

To date out of every female user here I have seen a total of two who actually appear to not like being single and that's hurtloam and slw1990.

Some complaibed about being igbored by their crush but thats a little difrerent than not being happy single.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:59 am

Even then I'm not desperate enough to go out with someone just for 'relationship experience'.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:42 am

Outrider wrote:
There's a lot more men who complain about being single and lonely on the internet than women.

Some women have told.me that's because they complain to their friends about it (and i guess its the opposite for us men, if i ever mention feeling lonely im quickly brushed off and the topic changes so I don't do it anymore)

But still is strange why there's such a disparity.

I know this website has.more.males than females but many of the women here have said they are perfectly content being single while we all know there's a lot of young and middle aged men here constantly complaining were alone.

To date out of every female user here I have seen a total of two who actually appear to not like being single and that's hurtloam and slw1990.

Some complaibed about being igbored by their crush but thats a little difrerent than not being happy single.

There's also a greater disparity in numbers between males and women who are single by choice, on this websites and otherwise.

Honesty, It's insane how women and men are sooooo different, there's very little in common, they differ in almost everything - even in the brain structure.

Women, are really like aliens to us, and we are really aliens to them.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honesty, It's insane how women and men are sooooo different, there's very little in common, they differ in almost everything - even in the brain structure.

I get what you're saying, here----and, have totally felt it, MYSELF, regarding men----but, here's the thing.....

We CAN find people with whom we have things in common----religion, politics, gaming, TV/films, and so-forth----but, if we didn't see things differently / look at things, from a different angle, etc., how boring would THAT be? The ying and the yang of people/things, is needed, isn't it?

The couple of really good relationships that I've had, we had "the basics", in common----but, then, he knew things, that *I* didn't, and I knew things that HE didn't----he was strong where I was weak; I was strong where he was weak----ying-and-yang..... That, IMO, makes things balance-out----and, in-the-long-run, makes a couple equal (as long as one's not ALWAYS the ONLY strong one, and so-forth).

It just, frustratingly, takes time----like they always say: "Sometimes you gotta kiss alotta frogs, before you find your prince" (or princess). Then, of course, with us Aspies, we've gotta figure-out a way, to KEEP them, but.....

Let's face it, it takes a very special person, who can put-up with us----and, a very special person, with whom we can put-up----so, it's not gonna be just anybody who comes-along.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

There are gender differences, yes.

But I truly find there are more similarities between women and men than differences.

And, as time goes by, there will be even more similarities---both negative and positive.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are gender differences, yes.

But I truly find there are more similarities between women and men than differences.

And, as time goes by, there will be even more similarities---both negative and positive.

I don't know what you base that on.

I would argue the opposite, as time goes by, the genders become increasingly different.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:34 am

My experience is that men and women have common experiences as they get older---so they can identify with each other more.

Men tend to act less "macho," and women tend to act less "girly" the older they get.