Why are women so desperate for men?

Page 16 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 3:41 am

AngelRho wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
You know what. I don't think I know my friends that well. We've never had a conversation about what we are after in a partner.

Though. If this is what I assume about them, that they are happily independent, and a bit over particular, then that's what men will also see.

How does one show that they are not an "independent woman" who thinks men are a waste of space?

One word: physical contact

Ok, that's two words, but still...

Now you are in NT land again. :lol:

Physical contact is VERY late in the ND relationship process, and unless an ND woman wants to appeal to NT guys, or desire casual sex, she should not encourage it.

To hurtloam, I'd say she does it by playing along with whatever games the guy is up to. Simply put, by showing interest in him. Which eventually works with NTs too, I suspect.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 3:46 am

biostructure wrote:
Something didn't feel right though, like when I tried flirting in a more innocent playful manner she didn't reciprocate, and yet then she hit on ME in a way that came across as "too adult" and turned me off

Exactly. Initiating physical contact too early is a turn off and a big red flag meaning "I'm NT". :mrgreen:

biostructure wrote:
I think it fell apart when there was this one night where I showed her around the streets of a small town and she held my hand. After that she never wanted to see me again. I think she expected that I'd kiss her and I didn't. Meanwhile, I was planning to have a brutally honest (but understanding) "heart-to-heart" with her the next time we met before proceeding any farther, to gauge whether our relationship goals and levels of experience were compatible. I only later saw that one of her Meetup interests was "divorce support".

Another sign of incompatibility, and one that you nailed perfectly well. :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 6:04 pm

I'm at the point of considering dating divorce women with child or even open relationships though i dont know how that'd work.:(

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
I'm at the point of considering dating divorce women with child or even open relationships though i dont know how that'd work.:(

I would date a divorced guy. If he has custody of kids younger than 13 it starts to get weird though, as I'm very uncomfortable with young kids....

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:48 am

Women who really do want to meet someone are looked down on by women who are content being single.

They're treated like they are pathetic. They must want what's normal, but independent woman get annoyed with them and say things like, " it won't solve all your problems you know."

We know that! We just want what's normal.

Seems single women fall into 2 categories. Those who give up and those who do want to meet someone.

Those who do want to meet someone are treated like morons. It's really frustrating talking to a given up woman. They think you'll be happy if you become like them and won't let you want something natural and Normal.

It really frustrates me. Why is wanting a partner so bad?

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:26 am

hurtloam wrote:
Women who really do want to meet someone are looked down on by women who are content being single.

They're treated like they are pathetic. They must want what's normal, but independent woman get annoyed with them and say things like, " it won't solve all your problems you know."

Seems single women fall into 2 categories. Those who give up and those who do want to meet someone.

Those who do want to meet someone are treated like morons. It's really frustrating talking to a given up woman. They think you'll be happy if you become like them and won't let you want something natural and Normal.

Perhaps they have given up not because they don't want a partner, but maybe they just don't believe that they can find one?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:30 am

314pe wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Perhaps they have given up not because they don't want a partner, but maybe they just don't believe that they can find one?

This is true, but doesn't change the fact that they are being unhelpful in exerting their opinions on other people.

Other people are not them and they have no right to put others down.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:56 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I would date a divorced guy. If he has custody of kids younger than 13 it starts to get weird though, as I'm very uncomfortable with young kids....

I am too :(, but atleast most women my age and a lot bit younger are divorced with young kids. The ones with no kids have no interest in me, but one or two with kids atleast message me. I'd probably prefer to have a gf with no kids for few years and maybe never have kids. My uncle and his wife never had kids.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:00 am

hurtloam wrote:

Guys say that relationships are horrible, and there's no love in relationships so don't get into one, mind you they're in one and happy most the time, women say this too sometimes. For example both my friends parents said this. But guys say and joke a lot about relationships being bad while in one. I get told I'm better off single cause then I don't have to get permission from the miss ever time I want to do something, yeah I'm so better off alone never been loved trying to find stuff every day to distract me then if I was in a relationship having to share life decisions with the person you share your life with. How terrible they can't buy that over expensive item cause their wife/gf realized they can't afford it.

luminifera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

I, for one, am so desperate for women. Swoon.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 5:09 am

Each to their own. Some men are also desperate for a women. I cannot, and will never understand these people. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. I have no intention of changing this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 5:27 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Everyone is different boo. If it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother him.

It will bother him when *it happens*.

It will bother you too when it happens.

I'm still not using someone just for relationship points. I think you're just trying to justify your own decisions. Don't put us down to do that. We can all choose our own paths. Stop talking down to us.

Some of us would rather be on our own than compromise our principles. We're free to do that. There's no one right way of going about relationships.

Hey, this is bull, who said anything about using someone for relationship points?
I was just telling him that it's something he will have to face when he starts dating; since he has no experience yet then he has no idea how judgemental the dates can be.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

I think one possible reason is because women tend to get more pleasure from sex than men do.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

Whenever I hear questions about why stupid people do stupid things I just want to answer "because they're stupid". But obviously it's never as simple as that. Or at least it's not a socially acceptable answer.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I think one possible reason is because women tend to get more pleasure from sex than men do.

That’s a strange reason. It’s most likely the people who want relationships want the companionship.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 10:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

That’s a strange reason. It’s most likely the people who want relationships want the companionship.

Think he mean get more pleasure from their orgasms then men. Also from foreplay too