AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:01 pm

Good.

As far as I am concerned that is just what the american tourist deserved for that bullsh*t.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 13 Aug 2017, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:04 pm

That choice was dumb beyond dumb - "The tourist was identified only as a 41-year-old American man who was “severely drunk, ...”
Sorry mate, with that being your choice I have zero concern about you.
This is a time where it is the "victim's" fault.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:11 pm

That Nazi punk deserved worse.

What if this was World War 2? That neckbearded wanker would have been sent to the gulag.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:24 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
That Nazi punk deserved worse.

What if this was World War 2? That neckbearded wanker would have been sent to the gulag.

Do people like that really want to re-instate nazism and live under it? I just don't get how some of them can want that and still see themselves as some kind of patriotic american....

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

From what I can tell the guy was a drunk as*hole not a Nazi. This seems like a bar room brawl that has been made into an international incident.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:25 pm

Fascinating how many people are so quick to deny another human being their right to freely express themselves - and even wish violence upon them by claiming that a simple hand gesture is deserving of a violent response.

For all you know, the guy was goofing around and making some lame joke - not that it matters - he should be afforded the same right to express his thoughts as any other citizen should, even if they offend some people. There's no harm nor violence in a hand gesture.

YOU are the true Nazis, who join in a thoughtless consensus, agreeing that the right to Free Expression exists only when that expression agrees with your personally held point of view, and all others should be suppressed.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:43 pm

will@rd wrote:
Fascinating how many people are so quick to deny another human being their right to freely express themselves - and even wish violence upon them by claiming that a simple hand gesture is deserving of a violent response.

True...if he were in the US, and possibly in other countries too. But he was in Germany, and free speech there, as outlined in the German constitution, ends at anything glorifying the 3rd Reich/nazism. It is NOT a constitutional right included under free speech. So the guy was breaking German law by giving the Nazi salute. Did he deserve to be beat up for it? No, vigilante justice is never good. But he did not have the right to do that where he did and I am not surprised that he got beat up. That sort of thing is not tolerated in Germany, at all, and anyone with half a brain should figure out it's not a good idea to do something like that there.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

will@rd wrote:

For all you know, the guy was goofing around and making some lame joke - not that it matters - he should be afforded the same right to express his thoughts as any other citizen should, even if they offend some people. There's no harm nor violence in a hand gesture.

YOU are the true Nazis, who join in a thoughtless consensus, agreeing that the right to Free Expression exists only when that expression agrees with your personally held point of view, and all others should be suppressed.

He actually doesn't have the right to freely express himself in Germany. German law prohibits expression of anti-semitism. even in the U.S. there are limits on freedom of speech, and always have been. For example. slander and libel are not protected under freedom of speech in the U.S.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

Let's see what Googling the news finds that is of any relevance.

Quote:
"... as he gave the stiff-armed Nazi salute multiple times in downtown Dresden."
"His assailant fled the scene, and is being sought for causing bodily harm."

http://www.thejournal.ie/nazi-salute-ar ... 3-Aug2017/

"Tourists face up to THREE YEARS in prison after carrying out Hitler salute in Berlin
TWO TOURISTS have been detained in Berlin after making Nazi salutes outside the Reichstag parliament building.
By Sofia Petkar
PUBLISHED: 17:18, Mon, Aug 7, 2017 | UPDATED: 17:44, Mon, Aug 7, 2017
Quote:
Germany has strict laws on hate speech and symbols linked to Hitler and the Nazis.
The Hitler gesture is illegal and punishable by up to three years in prison."
"“The law banning the use of symbols that violate the constitution applies not only to Germans but to everyone in Germany.
“Anyone coming here ought to know and respect the country’s customs.”"
"Although Germans learn extensively about the horrors of Adolf Hitler, the Third Reich and the Holocaust in school and through the media, a number of Germans end up on the wrong side of the law for flashing the Hitler salute in public — usually done for amusement or lighthearted provocation.
Two high school students from the northern city of Rostock were charged with displaying Nazi symbols after giving the Hitler salute during a class trip to a history museum in Berlin earlier this year."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/838 ... son-berlin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm

I also have to assume the man who performed the beating was pi$$ed off at seeing this foreign tourist mocking his country for a chapter of German history most wish had never happened.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:54 pm

While I am generally against vigilante justice, I have to say that making that gesture in that country is pretty much sending out the signal that he really wanted to get his ass kicked. So, he was not assaulted for expressing his free speech rights. He was assaulted because he was provoking that kind of reaction. What did he think was going to happen? He made his bed, let him lie in it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:33 am

KagamineLen wrote:
While I am generally against vigilante justice, I have to say that making that gesture in that country is pretty much sending out the signal that he really wanted to get his ass kicked. So, he was not assaulted for expressing his free speech rights. He was assaulted because he was provoking that kind of reaction. What did he think was going to happen? He made his bed, let him lie in it.

Indeed.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 1:48 am

Hey, I have a punishment which fits the crime, idea - sentence him to be a concentration camp reality show, or living re-enactor, prisoner for 5 years.
Then let's see how amused he is by the salute after he's suffering from 4 years of malnutrition and is down to about 87 pounds in weight.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2017, 4:24 am

Good, I hope it hurt.

BBC: Radio 4

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:35 am

As the old saying goes, "talk s**t, get hit." What this guy did was highly disrespectful, not to mention foolish. You don't f*****g give the Nazi salute or go "sieg hiel" or fly a swastika flag in Germany. Period, end of story.