Passerby Assaults American Tourist Who Gave The Nazi Salute

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 3:01 pm

But there's no basis to what they say.

The Nazis believe in things which are not real, basically.

I believe in free speech, too. I also believe one has a right to ignore "free speech."

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 3:47 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
A Starter Kit For People Who Are Totally Not Racist
VVV

What if someone holds their arm out to flag down a taxi so it will stop for them? Are they still racist if their arm being held up was mistaken as a Nazi Salute?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:09 pm

Of course not.....

Unfortunately, that's the gesture that people sometimes use to get cabs.

I also "use" the gesture when I'm trying to keep an elevator door open LOL

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
From what I can tell the guy was a drunk as*hole not a Nazi. This seems like a bar room brawl that has been made into an international incident.

As if that somehow excuses his behavior....

I don't think he was saying it was excusable. Just blown out of proportion.

I don't see how, the a**hole decided to parade around like a nazi in Germany...that's not taken lightly there.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 5:00 pm

I read that headline, and all I thought was: "Yeah, I'm OK with that."

I'm not quite sure how or why that's received so much coverage though. There are much bigger stories out there.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But there's no basis to what they say.

The Nazis believe in things which are not real, basically.

I believe in free speech, too. I also believe one has a right to ignore "free speech."

Lots of people believe things that are not real. Why should someone be able to ignore your free speech? If someone wants to preach Nazism then do it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:28 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I have hated Germany's censorship of nazis for a while. In my view they have a fight to be terrible people and say hateful things. I know free speech like that in America is not that common in the world, but hate speech is free speech.

Of course hate speech is free speech, but no right is absolute. If that hate speech incites violence, then a legal line has been crossed.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:11 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
VVV

I think this sort of thing just makes the left look kooky.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:34 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Surely, giving a Nazi salute is a fighting gesture right?

I've been known to do it just to f**k with people...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
From what I can tell the guy was a drunk as*hole not a Nazi. This seems like a bar room brawl that has been made into an international incident.

As if that somehow excuses his behavior....

I don't think he was saying it was excusable. Just blown out of proportion.

I don't see how, the a**hole decided to parade around like a nazi in Germany...that's not taken lightly there.

Which to me has always been ironic since it was the Germans, not the Eskimos, that brought us all that in the first place. I can kinda maybe see it being illegal in Poland, France, Netherlands to name just a few victims of the Third Reich but I have to do a major eye roll when the jerries make such an issue out of it within thier own borders.

They're nitpicking over symbolism (e.g. flags, emblems, salutes, etc), speech, and minor characteristics (like nationalism) when the root causes of the rise of Nazism in Germany is what they need to be vigilant about. Read up on some of the issues of Weimar era Germany.
Hint: Hitler didnt rise to power by merely hanging swastikas here and there and talking smack about Jews and communist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:12 pm

EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
VVV

I think this sort of thing just makes the left look kooky.

How so? Those are Alt Right symbols and merchandise.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:54 pm

will@rd wrote:
Fascinating how many people are so quick to deny another human being their right to freely express themselves - and even wish violence upon them by claiming that a simple hand gesture is deserving of a violent response.

For all you know, the guy was goofing around and making some lame joke - not that it matters - he should be afforded the same right to express his thoughts as any other citizen should, even if they offend some people. There's no harm nor violence in a hand gesture.

YOU are the true Nazis, who join in a thoughtless consensus, agreeing that the right to Free Expression exists only when that expression agrees with your personally held point of view, and all others should be suppressed.

Exactly! :cheers: :thumright: :salut:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
VVV

So... if you want to make America great again that automatically means you are a racist Nazi. The logic is clearly not with this one.

What is wrong with wearing a white shirt? I don't get it. This is just barmy, quite stupid really.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:59 pm

Lintar wrote:
will@rd wrote:
Fascinating how many people are so quick to deny another human being their right to freely express themselves - and even wish violence upon them by claiming that a simple hand gesture is deserving of a violent response.

For all you know, the guy was goofing around and making some lame joke - not that it matters - he should be afforded the same right to express his thoughts as any other citizen should, even if they offend some people. There's no harm nor violence in a hand gesture.

YOU are the true Nazis, who join in a thoughtless consensus, agreeing that the right to Free Expression exists only when that expression agrees with your personally held point of view, and all others should be suppressed.

Just because you are an American doesn't mean you can go to other countries and expect them to allow you the same rights America does. That's not how life works. If you don't want to be held accountable for breaking German laws then don't go to Germany and break their laws.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:01 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Lintar wrote:
will@rd wrote:

Just because you are an American doesn't mean you can go to other countries and expect them to allow you the same rights America does. That's not how life works. If you don't want to be held accountable for breaking German laws then don't go to Germany and break their laws.

I never made that claim. I simply responded to the points made by "Willard", and I agree with what he/she said. That is all.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:08 am

WE
MUST
RESIST
FASCISM
AT
ALL
COSTS

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/