Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:13 am

I wish I lacked emotion lol

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:33 pm

imjrg5559 wrote:
Everybody has emotions. I dare say that many here feel more deeply than many NTS. My problems come when I have to deal with other people's emotions, not mine.

And I have problems dealing with their emotions and mine

And I have problems expressing my emotions

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

I feel emotions pretty deeply, I would say. Sometimes it doesn't look like I feel anything inside because my facial expression is blank, but I definitely do feel emotions quite strongly. I think having OCD has helped with my empathy because I can relate to others who suffer from any sort of hardship or affliction as well. I can definitely prove that autistic people can feel emotions, though :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

You're much more "emotionally mature" than I was at age 13.

When I was 13, I couldn't really verbalize what I was feeling. I had a limited "emotional vocabulary" then, even though I knew lots of facts.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're much more "emotionally mature" than I was at age 13.

When I was 13, I couldn't really verbalize what I was feeling. I had a limited "emotional vocabulary" then, even though I knew lots of facts.

Thanks :D . Now if only there was a way to be able to express those emotions on my face all the time...... :)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:18 pm

I actually believe there are times when it is good to not have you emotions "show."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I actually believe there are times when it is good to not have you emotions "show."

Too bad it happens at the wrong times! :D It happens whenever I'm in a new situation, with new people, with relatives outside of my immediate family, at school, during therapy, at the doctor, etc. I can be expressive, but only in certain situations.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:40 pm

I also cry when I experience strong emotions. I've struggled with this my entire life. As early as the age of 9, I was always wondering how everyone else in my classes at school were able to keep calm and carry on. I found it very embarrassing. I find myself asking the same questions at work. I wonder how people can people view their emotional problems as little nothings and laugh at them. I call myself "The big, German Crybaby." People at work tell me, "Don't call yourself that. We all have emotions from time to time." I know that they're very good at handling their emotions in the lunch room. My family treat their emotions like little nothings and laugh them off or else they swear like sailors. I admit I feel a little jealous from time to time.

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2017, 4:52 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also cry when I experience strong emotions. I've struggled with this my entire life. As early as the age of 9, I was always wondering how everyone else in my classes at school were able to keep calm and carry on. I found it very embarrassing. I find myself asking the same questions at work. I wonder how people can people view their emotional problems as little nothings and laugh at them. I call myself "The big, German Crybaby." People at work tell me, "Don't call yourself that. We all have emotions from time to time." I know that they're very good at handling their emotions in the lunch room. My family treat their emotions like little nothings and laugh them off or else they swear like sailors. I admit I feel a little jealous from time to time.

I am sorry you have to deal with it but I am also happy to know other people have this problem. I always feel so broken anytime I cry because I can't stop it. I can't even talk until it passes. It really is embarrassing in front of other adults who have no idea why I'm crying. I have no idea on how to explain it away either. Its not like it happens often anymore but anyone who interacts with me on a continuing basis will probably see it at some point

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm well practiced in hiding my negative emotions, the trouble is, I can still feel them :x

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2017, 7:39 pm

I just came across this article. It's an interesting idea.
Understanding Asperger's as over sensitivity