Protesters tear down Confederate statue in North Carolina

Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:21 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/durham-north-carolina-protesters-tear-down-confederate-monument/

See? This is what free human beings can do when we work as a team and look past race.

The old monuments to authoritarianism are coming down. They shall no longer divide the proletariat against itself.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:28 am

These events will be seen as the start of your second Civil War by the historians of the future. Your country is unravelling, falling apart, and no, I am not "gloating" about it, just stating things as I see them. This is what happened in places like Roumania back in 1989 when Ceaucescu was deposed, and in Yugoslavia, the USSR (the latter two being nations that no longer even exist because of what happened).

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:54 am

Lintar wrote:
These events will be seen as the start of your second Civil War by the historians of the future.

Guess who won the first Civil War.

CONFEDERATES
GOT
PWNED

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 1:24 am

America must be like Game of Thrones to commonwealth yokels.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 1:46 am

It is a shame that these racists and Nazi's have stigmatized anybody who wants to remember thier relatives who fought for the south as bieng a Nazi, racist, terrorist.

What these vandals tearing down the statues are doing is helping the white nationalist recruitment drives.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:05 am

Stigmatization is what it's all about. Nazi this nazi that. nazi nazi nazi, phobe phobe phobe. Whilst they riot riot riot.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:44 am

EzraS wrote:
Stigmatization is what it's all about. Nazi this nazi that. nazi nazi nazi, phobe phobe phobe. Whilst they riot riot riot.

What calling everybody Nazi or racist does is cause moral confusion, if everybody is a Nazi nobody is. The true evil of Nazism get muddled and the bad of the people bieng compared to them are defended because it is seen as another unfair charge.

The people that want to honor dead relatives are not equvilent to the actual Nazi's demonstrating in Charlottesville. I just called the people carrying Nazi flags Nazis, but I have to admit reluctance to do it for fear bieng seen as another hysteric.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

What calling everybody Nazi or racist does is cause moral confusion, if everybody is a Nazi nobody is. The true evil of Nazism get muddled and the bad of the people bieng compared to them are defended because it is seen as another unfair charge.

The people that want to honor dead relatives are not equvilent to the actual Nazi's demonstrating in Charlottesville. I just called the people carrying Nazi flags Nazis, but I have to admit reluctance to do it for fear bieng seen as another hysteric.

And yet a portion of the population believe jews deserved what they got and many don't mind keeping Nazi paraphanelia or getting a swastika or 1488 tattoo...come to think of it the confederate protesters in Charlottesville had no problems marching arm in arm with neo-Nazis. I guess that puts to rest any lingering doubts about the link between confederacy the south and racism

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And yet a portion of the population believe jews deserved what they got and many don't mind keeping Nazi paraphanelia or getting a swastika or 1488 tattoo...come to think of it the confederate protesters in Charlottesville had no problems marching arm in arm with neo-Nazis. I guess that puts to rest any lingering doubts about the link between confederacy the south and racism

I'm guessing a lot of this is highly sensationalized and doesn't exist to the degree it's purported to.

I'm also gussting there's a number of Aussies who have swastika and 1488 et al tattoos.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:49 am

They need to fight current threats, not destroy history and our reminders of it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:04 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I'm guessing a lot of this is highly sensationalized and doesn't exist to the degree it's purported to.

I'm also gussting there's a number of Aussies who have swastika and 1488 et al tattoos.

Saw a number of men when I was in a San Diego hotel swimming pool about 8 years ago with both types of tattoos. I discreetly asked the concierge who they might be and whether it was safe for my wife and daughter. I was told these men belonged to the naval base and that I should be fine as they mainly dislike Mexicans. Needless to say we didn't return to the pool.

TUAndrew
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2017, 7:42 am

I don't normally support the destruction of historical figures who don't 100% conform to modern values, as by that logic the world will have barely any historical figures left. Even Ghandi said some racist things. However in regards to the confederate statue I think the destruction is justified because IIRC he didn't do anything that was historically noteworthy other than supporting slavery.

EzraS wrote:
America must be like Game of Thrones to commonwealth yokels.

More like Mad Max.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 8:04 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So basically you don't believe nazi's and white supremacists are having demonstrations...and I figure that one who drove that car into the protestors wasn't really trying to hit anyone, it was just media sensationalization. You do realize those sort of neo-nazis and white supremacists think people like you are garbage too...that's right people with autism are also 'inferiors' to them maybe think about that before jumping to defend them or downplaying the issue.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I'm guessing a lot of this is highly sensationalized and purported exist to the degree it's purported to.

Saw a number of men when I was in a San Diego hotel swimming pool about 8 years ago with both types of tattoos. I discreetly asked the concierge who they might be and whether it was safe for my wife and daughter. I was told these men belonged to the naval base and that I should be fine as they mainly dislike Mexicans. Needless to say we didn't return to the pool.

I live next to a large Navy base and I have never seen any sailors with nazi tattoos hanging out at the beach. Nor in my lifetime of living in Las Vgeas and having seen hundreds of people in beach attire at hotel swimming pools, have I seen anyone sporting nazi tattoos. Nor have I known of local navy base or air force base (there's a huge air force base in vegas) personnel to hang out at hotel swimming pools. I asked my dad about this and he said, "that's a huge load of nonsense son".

But I'm still gussting there's a number of Aussies who have swastika tattoos.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:18 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

So basically you don't believe nazi's and white supremacists are having demonstrations...and I figure that one who drove that car into the protestors wasn't really trying to hit anyone, it was just media sensationalization. You do realize those sort of neo-nazis and white supremacists think people like you are garbage too...that's right people with autism are also 'inferiors' to them maybe think about that before jumping to defend them or downplaying the issue.

What I don't believe is that most republicans are nazis. They don't make up the majority of white conservatives, the way the leftist propaganda makes out.

The one...one...one...single...sigular...only...one and only one person who drove a car into people...acted alone...alone...alone. Amd the left is exploiting the hell out of it. That's all they really care about it, is the political gains they can milk out of it while shedding crocodile tears as usual.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:21 am

If somebody carries a Nazi flag, it's almost guaranteed that the person, at least, sympathizes with the Nazi ideology.