Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:35 am

I felt a bit of a shiver going down my spine as I read this. This is the kind of thing dictators do.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... mp-website

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:41 am

Yeah, that does look to go a bit too far,

Quote:
The web provider published a purported search warrant issued by the Superior Court of the District of Columbia that asks for records and information related to the website and its owner, along with information that could be used to identify subscribers of the website.

This includes “names, addresses, telephone numbers and other identifiers, e-mail addresses, business information, the length of service (including start date), means and source of payment for services (including any credit card or bank account number), and information about any domain name registration.”

(not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not - why doesn't the department avoid the bad publicity and just go under the table and get the info from the Russians and Chinese, surely they've hacked that too)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:00 am

Americans give up thier privacy and accepted the surveillance state after 9/11

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:47 am

Yeh, that is way too controlling and privacy invasive. Creepy IMO.