Confederate statue pulled down by crowd in NC.

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:22 pm

I think the "level of discourse," especially in politics, is way down from what it was even 40 years ago.

And educational standards are down as well.

However, I find that the percentage of intelligent, knowledgeable people has grown over those past 40 years. Kids know more things now, in general, than they knew then.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

drwho222 wrote:
What exactly was racist about what I said? The IQ drop in question is endemic to Western culture ie majority white. It applies to everybody.

Tell you what. How about a source for your IQ idea?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

drwho222 wrote:
We are. Its been proven. Victorians were far smarter than modern people on average. Look at a work written in that era and compare it with something modern.

Wow. This is some of the most shallow s**t I have ever seen.

Most people weren't even literate back then.

If you are going to compare the works of Charles Darwin to the average Twitter post, you are obviously going to favor Darwin.

What if I compared Neil deGrasse Tyson to the average Victorian proletarian? How would you like it if I did that?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:33 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
What exactly was racist about what I said? The IQ drop in question is endemic to Western culture ie majority white. It applies to everybody.

How bout answer my question first yo? What did I say that was racist?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:36 pm

Drwho222 is a typical fascist who wants to sterilize 90% of the population because he thinks that he is genetically superior to everyone else.

He should go back to 4chan.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:38 pm

drwho222 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

How bout answer my question first yo? What did I say that was racist?

It was the kind of abuse of science that tends toward racism.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm

Statues to racist traitors came tumbling down? That's something to celebrate.

Funny how the same people who love to scream 'you lost, get over it' over the election are still holding out hope that 'the south will rise again'. Guess what traitors, you lost, get over it. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

It was a generic stature momerial for those troops who died . Soldiers don't choose politics they just die for the rich. How s you like a memorial to your fallen ancestors being disrespected. The Vietnam wall should be tired down, we killed millions of vietnamese in an attempt to deny them their freedom from france. Why should those dead soldiers who committed atrocities like burning down whole villages be memorialinedible ? What about memorials for those who died in operation Iraqi freedom.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Funny how the same people who love to scream 'you lost, get over it' over the election are still holding out hope that 'the south will rise again'. Guess what traitors, you lost, get over it. :wink:

You're support tearing down any statue or memorial that any one disagrees with yes?
There's millions of them. Heck whil were at it every American flag in this nation should be torn down as it represents racist,l oppession, and empirism to some. There's a bunch of monuments in arliton national cemetery that we can start with, then move on to the national mall.

The capital building was built with slaves, we should tear it down immediately.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:39 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Lee is definitely a war criminal by modern standards, and Jackson too.

Seem to remember the union army burning whole cities and raping women. There was no geneva convention. By your logic Alexander the Great is a war criminal. We can't hold the past to mordern standards.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:16 pm

Just saw this on Facebook from news source, but his is directly from the pastors post.

Quote:
We, as a country and city, must heal. That healing can only happen by making moral choices that reflect the creed, that all people are created equal and respected. We will not allow the atrocities of slavery and racism to live through memories in our communities; instead, they should be eradicated and dismantled.
I am feeling ambivalent that I would have to walk my child, attend a parade or enjoy a game of softball in a park that commemorates the memory of a slave owner.
Therefore, I call on the immediate removal of President George Washington and President Andrew Jackson names from the parks located on the southeast side of Chicago. They should not have the distinct honor of being held as heroes when they actively participated in the slave trade. I fully expect that the Chicago Park District and Mayor Rahm Emanuel share in my sentiments and views; that Chicago will not be a place that embraces racism, slavery and its treacherous tentacles. But rather, Chicago will be a beacon of hope for a better tomorrow for all its’ residents.
Love and Respect
+Bishop James E. Dukes

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:55 pm

sly279 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Seem to remember the union army burning whole cities and raping women. There was no geneva convention. By your logic Alexander the Great is a war criminal. We can't hold the past to mordern standards.

Had Sherman been a Confederate general and cut a swath of destruction though a Union state like he did with Georgia he would have been hung as a war criminal.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:13 am

Raptor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Had Sherman been a Confederate general and cut a swath of destruction though a Union state like he did with Georgia he would have been hung as a war criminal.

In certain cases who qualifies as a war criminal and who qualifies as a war hero, depends on which side they fought on and wheather that side won or lost.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

In certain cases who qualifies as a war criminal and who qualifies as a war hero, depends on which side they fought on and wheather that side won or lost.

Yes, the victor tries the loser.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:34 am

I don't think Andrew Jackson or Grant should have their faces on our currency.Both were as*holes.
Sherman was a war criminal,Lee was not.He did not let his troops pillage and loot.He did not own slaves,he just couldn't take up arms against his state.
But I also get that the statues are reminders of a dark time for many American citizens.I don't think they should be pulled down by crowds,one reason is someone could get squashed by a falling statue.
Remove them quietly,place in a museum or confederate cemetary.
One interesting fact about old war statues is the position of the horses legs.If all are on the ground,the rider wasn't injured in battle,one leg raised means he was,both legs raised,killed in battle.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You're support tearing down any statue or memorial that any one disagrees with yes?
There's millions of them. Heck whil were at it every American flag in this nation should be torn down as it represents racist,l oppession, and empirism to some. There's a bunch of monuments in arliton national cemetery that we can start with, then move on to the national mall.

The capital building was built with slaves, we should tear it down immediately.

Monuments to Confederate traitors have no redeeming value, the flag, the capitol building and the other things you list can be said to. It's dishonest to attempt to portray unequal things as equal. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う