Confederate statue pulled down by crowd in NC.

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

/\My GGgrandfather fought for the Union in MO,not to free slaves but to preserve the Union.There were very few slave holders here in the Ozarks.It was not an issue in this area.His brother fought for the Confederacy,not for slavery,but for states rights.You can believe what you will,I don't consider either of them traitors.They both fought for what they believed in.

Last edited by Misslizard on 17 Aug 2017, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They both fought for what they believed in.

So did Bolsheviks, so do ISIS, so did an endless list of people you would condemn based on what they were fighting to achieve.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

/\Of course,it's part of our sad human condition.They couldn't see the far reaching effects of their actions.How could they? Most were uneducated people just tying to get by.In other words,cannon fodder.Easy to judge them now,they have no voice.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\Of course,it's part of our sad human condition.They couldn't see the far reaching effects of their actions.How could they? Most were uneducated people just tying to get by.In other words,cannon fodder.Easy to judge them now,they have no voice.

The people on the bottom only deserve judgment to the extent which they could influence things, as do the people who participated at the top.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

The people on the bottom only deserve judgment to the extent which they could influence things, as do the people who participated at the top.

The only influence the people on the bottom had was to fatten the buzzards.They have already been judged.Myself,I will pity them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

The only influence the people on the bottom had was to fatten the buzzards.They have already been judged.Myself,I will pity them.

That's why I don't judge them with any real weight whatsoever. The leadership however (officers, CSA associated politicians, judges who made pro-slavery rulings, etc) I judge as America's shame.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う